Pre-Game Talk: Leafs vs Sabers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bullseye

Jun 14, 2012
Niagara
I'm having trouble with one now they've had a players-only meeting. Originally, I predicted a 3-2 Sabres win in o/t but now I think it may be a blowout fro the Leafs.

Weird team. Expect an extended winning streak regardless of tonight's outcome. I predict a 10-6-4 record after 20 games.

BonMorrison

Jun 17, 2011
Toronto, ON
Paul Hendrick ‏@HennyTweets 51s52 seconds ago Toronto, Ontario
Clarkson moves back to top line with Bozak and JVR . Kessel moves too Kadri line with Lupul. Winnik now on the 3rd line. #TMLtalk

Leafs at Knight

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Mar 4, 2011
London, Ontario
I'm having trouble with one now they've had a players-only meeting. Originally, I predicted a 3-2 Sabres win in o/t but now I think it may be a blowout fro the Leafs.

Weird team. Expect an extended winning streak regardless of tonight's outcome. I predict a 10-6-4 record after 20 games.

Post saved.

Srsly

Feb 8, 2011
Upland
Kessel is overdue for his annual hot streak. It only takes a couple wins to move us into the upper echelon. He needs to carry us for a month or so in order for us to draft outside of the top 5.

It's a depressing thought but it sort of seems like our current team is in limbo. I hate admitting it but maybe we do need to make more than a few small tweaks.

Peasy

May 25, 2012
Star Shoppin
Clarkson moves back to top line with Bozak and JVR . Kessel moves too Kadri line with Lupul. Winnik now on the 3rd line. #TMLtalk

I dont even give a **** what Carlyle makes his lines, I just want to see a change.

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
Mark Masters ‏@markhmasters
Some new lines at Leafs practice:

JVR-Bozak-Clarkson
Lupul-Kadri-Kessel
Winnik-Santorelli-Komarov

I'd switch JVR and Lupul but overall, I think the Leafs were due for a line shuffle.

Punch Drunk Loov

Gaaaaary Roberts!
Dec 6, 2011

Clarkson - Bozak - JVR?

Quite the top line...Though obviously a change had to made. Interested to see this in action for sure. Clarkie is coming out to play may as well get him in the thick of it

Mess

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Leafs Home Board

FWIW

Leafs started last season and 10-4 in October but ended 12-7-1 after 20 games which included a 3-1 loss to the Sabres in game #19 and a 4-2 win in game #20 verses Buffalo.

http://espn.go.com/nhl/team/schedule/_/name/tor/year/2014/toronto-maple-leafs

So your prediction of 24 points after game 20 is pretty close to 25 points based on last season actual record.

Kelly

Nov 12, 2012
Why break up the only line that was clicking? Should of left the Koma - Santa - Clarkson and only shuffled the top two lines.

Durrr

Sep 11, 2012
Why break up the only line that was clicking? Should of left the Koma - Santa - Clarkson and only shuffled the top two lines.

Because non of the other forward lines are working? Who cares if the 3rd line was working when 75% the other forwards aren't, I don't see the 3rd line winning us games alone.

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008

Going from Clarkson to Winnik won't change it much. Winnik should provide the same Clarkson provided to a certain degree.

Hopefully the gained confidence of Clarkson will give the top 6 lines a jolt.

Brock Radunske

안양종합운동장 빙상장
Aug 8, 2012
JVR - Bozak - Gardiner
Lupul - Koramov - Clarkson
Kadri - Santo - Carlton
Panik - Holland - Winnik

Phanoooof - Kessel
Polak - Reilly
Franson - Robidas

Why not?

highslot

Jul 10, 2012

it may not be a bad idea, but why not komorov instead of clarkson? rc tends to do changes that tend not to make sense to me. like pairing rielly and gardiner together, etc.

Mess

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Leafs Home Board
it may not be a bad idea, but why not komorov instead of clarkson? rc tends to do changes that tend not to make sense to me. like pairing rielly and gardiner together, etc.

I've suggested Komarov with Bozak and Kessel however it looks like its the RW Kessel is being shifted with Kadri and thus a RW on Clarkson is being promoted.

Breaking up Bozak and Kessel is the surprising thing that is happening here. IMO

Longshot

Jul 2, 2008
Ontario, Canada
Yay! Buffalo! A night when the Leafs will earn some points that will be sure to point distance between themselves and one of the top two picks! Awesome!

CalgaryLeaf*

Clarkson - Bozak - JVR?

Quite the top line...Though obviously a change had to made. Interested to see this in action for sure. Clarkie is coming out to play may as well get him in the thick of it

That appears to be the 2nd line.

Lupul,Kadri,Kessel is #1

leafstilldeath*

I've suggested Komarov with Bozak and Kessel however it looks like its the RW Kessel is being shifted with Kadri and thus a RW on Clarkson is being promoted.

Breaking up Bozak and Kessel is the surprising thing that is happening here. IMO

but Kessel cannot score or play well without Bozak :sarcasm:

Who was that kept on going on and on and on about it?

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad