Pre-Game Talk: Leafs @ Nucks 7pm Sat. CBC | Wild Wild West Coast, this is the Team I Love the Most!

Status
Not open for further replies.

LeafOfBread

Feb 25, 2010
Mississauga, ON
I'm cool with whoever in net. Would like to see Reimer based on recent performance but I'm good with either. Haven't felt this good about goaltending since we had Belfour in 2004. Amazing how we went from goalie graveyard to having two of the best young goalies in the game.

BiggestLeafsFanEVER*

I just realized that the Canucks fans will have to watch a home game at 4pm so as to accommodate Toronto viewers and ensure that the Leafs get their most justifiable "national" spot on HNIC at their regular viewing time.

I laughed.

MuchoMacho

Jul 19, 2009
Penalty Box
It isn't just some reason we have to wonder... it's a real easy thing psychologically to understand. Opponents like edmonton (young soft team with tender plays) and calgary (young fresh team that has outkasted players who didn't become men in toronto)... we are a very manly team. Real men play here. They look the part. Even on the bench. Opposite the team like edmonton... they have people who are still (finding themselves as human beings...) Searching for themselves as players and as in human beings and sexual beings. We got players like Orr, McLaren, Clarkson and Bolland... come on. These are men playing this fun sport. Just putting that puck and body where it needs to be. Having fun and enjoying the action in this sport.

To me its not surprising at all that we have that certain type of layd back game against edmonton and calgary. These Men now that we just have to be there against these young fools who still search the meaning of life and we still got a chance to win even with just standing around and looking. We're that good and hard. Edmonton's young players just run around and look for themselves. Orr and Mclaren already know who they are.

Then comes the game against Penguins. That team has won the cup and is a winner team. We show up and want to compete. They got speed and skill so our players be like... we gotta hit that sucker hard and collect that ****. Handle that **** there. Against characters and tough teams our team is more ready. Against edmonton and calgary and florida our team is like.... I might just keep this beard and not even shave it. Look at those young guys... they still drink milk. I am not surprised at all. We got a real hard ass team led by the biggest hard ass of them all. You got to understand that it was a long time coming.... now we have a real men's team again. I'm really proud and glad of that there.

476.gif

Stats01

Jul 12, 2009
Toronto
Damn Canuck fans are so insecure. They think we're going to boo Bure lol. Why the hell would we boo, Bure was a hell of a player. The chances of us joining in and clapping in the standing ovation is more likely to happen than booing. Canuck fans need to grow a pair. They're crying over there

nuxhead

Mar 24, 2011
Damn Canuck fans are so insecure. They think we're going to boo Bure lol. Why the hell would we boo, Bure was a hell of a player. The chances of us joining in and clapping in the standing ovation is more likely to happen than booing. Canuck fans need to grow a pair. They're crying over there

haha just ignore them. Can't wait for this game. I've been following the leafs since last year and I really like what kind of team they have become. They are built for the playoffs and I think their greatest hurdle is the Bruins. Outside of Boston, I think the Leafs can skate with any team in the East.

naturalnumbas

Mar 6, 2010
Toronto
haha just ignore them. Can't wait for this game. I've been following the leafs since last year and I really like what kind of team they have become. They are built for the playoffs and I think their greatest hurdle is the Bruins. Outside of Boston, I think the Leafs can skate with any team in the East.

Skated with Boston for 7 games in the playoffs last year, how'd your group do? :naughty:

Stats01

Jul 12, 2009
Toronto

We're built for the playoffs in net and with our forward group. We need an upgrade on D near the deadline IMO if we're going to take the next step. I'd absolutely love to get Girardi somehow from the Rangers.

Arathor

Apr 28, 2010
By a pointy tower
Haha some canuckleheads think that it's an auto win for them. They even said they worried more about the EDM game than they are with ours.

Another awesome comment was how we'd been lucky to win while playing trash teams. Are the Canucks really better than the Ducks or Penguins?

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
I'd to see if Bernier can work some Kings magic.

JR with the next start.

We don't play for 6 days after this one.

I think Reimer deserves that start more than Bernier. Both have been great but I think Reimer has been a hair better.

rojac

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 5, 2007
Waterloo, ON
I just realized that the Canucks fans will have to watch a home game at 4pm so as to accommodate Toronto viewers and ensure that the Leafs get their most justifiable "national" spot on HNIC at their regular viewing time.

I laughed.

This happens every time the Leafs go to Vancouver. Are you really young or really old so that you have trouble remembering two years ago?

LogieTrice

Oct 24, 2013
This game is exactly why people from Vancouver dislikes Toronto (and the people living here).

A forced 4pm puck drop for a more popular team with no negotiation or even a thank you.....that would grind my gears to no end.

Go Leafs Go! :yo:

Asif16*

Thanks for the complement. Kesler been awesome for you guys lately. Hopefully he decides not to show up against us

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
I love how the Van fans are forced to go to their home game at 4 pm so as to accommodate the Toronto viewers of HNIC.

Bow down to our viewing habits, Vancouver :biglaugh:

I laughed.

This happens every time the Leafs go to Vancouver. Are you really young or really old so that you have trouble remembering two years ago?

Two years ago? They can't remember a few hours ago.

Stats01

Jul 12, 2009
Toronto
Haha some canuckleheads think that it's an auto win for them. They even said they worried more about the EDM game than they are with ours.

Another awesome comment was how we'd been lucky to win while playing trash teams. Are the Canucks really better than the Ducks or Penguins?

Let them think that way, ignorance is bliss.

Pi

Nov 16, 2010
Toronto
There is no such thing as a 60 minute effort. You can't play well for 60 minutes.

It's all about minimizing mistakes to a considerable level.

It's a game played between two teams, I am perfectly fine with the Leafs playing well for 30 minutes of a 60 minute game.

Fraser and Kulemin could be back and that's a big improvement on the physical side of things.

Stats01

Jul 12, 2009
Toronto
There is no such thing as a 60 minute effort. You can't play well for 60 minutes.

It's all about minimizing mistakes to a considerable level.

It's a game played between two teams, I am perfectly fine with the Leafs playing well for 30 minutes of a 60 minute game.

Fraser and Kulemin could be back and that's a big improvement on the physical side of things.

Well look at what happened in the Oiler game we scored a a minute and thirty seconds into it. If we play good for 2 mins and win I don't care as long as we win. This B.S nonsense talk about playing for 60 mins is giving me headache. Like you said nobody plays for 60 mins. People who are upset with the Leafs and the way they win are just butthurt.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad