Status
Not open for further replies.

Coastal Kev

There will be "I told you so's" Bet on it
Feb 16, 2013
The Low Country, SC
3rd line:
fails_gif_02.gif

Sully deserves the respect and props for helping guide the Pens to the last 2 cups. But this season he will be a huge reason why they drop out with a slight whimper.

His choice of the lineup and lines has led to the overplaying of our stars when everyone thought got going into the season that we should be preparing to give them plenty of down time.

Sprong should have been a fixture out of the gate in the top 6 and RIGHT NOW we would be reaping the rewards.

The sad thing is, the Pens easily could have put together a really good 4th line the entire season. But it's beyond crazy that after the Brassard trade we still only roll 3 deep. Even more laughable is putting Sheahan on the 3rd line tonight.

Reactions: shoplifter

Speaking Moistly

What a terrible image.
Feb 19, 2013
Injured Reserve
Yeah. We'll be waiting a while.

Not that I disagree with you. I couldn't have said it any better, myself. But this **** has been going on a while. The whole league is one giant old boys club. They clearly don't care about growing the sport so where is the leverage against them? They are just gonna keep on keepin' on.

That Marchand is a good ol fashioned Canadian man's man, ya know? Not afraid to get his hands dirty! He'll be the perfect guy to head up the DOPS when he retires!

It’s not going to change until the worst ones start dying off but they’ll probbaky have replacements. It’s more likely the lawsuit tears them a new asshole and that forces some change until a second lawsuit or horrific accident gets them for real.

Someone like Marchand needs a f***ing psyche eval.

Scandale du Jour

JordanStaal#1Fan
Mar 11, 2002
Asbestos, Qc
www.angelfire.com
It’s not going to change until the worst ones start dying off but they’ll probbaky have replacements. It’s more likely the lawsuit tears them a new ******* and that forces some change until a second lawsuit or horrific accident gets them for real.

Someone like Marchand needs a ****ing psyche eval.

People like Marchand deserve to be in prison. That being said, I'd take him on Sid's LW any time.

Reactions: EightyOne

Speaking Moistly

What a terrible image.
Feb 19, 2013
Injured Reserve

Anyway, I think the "it's too fast for them" is bullshit excuse making for them and the league. If it's too fast then turn to technology, and while I think it's fast humans are pretty f***ing smart and capable to tracking things at high speeds. Just eat some time of someone checking to make sure calls are right. Hagelin is also full of it, it can be changed now and needs to because they've gotten worse at calling it but have time to be less willfully awful before the playoffs and a real shit storm.

wgknestrick

Aug 14, 2012
Truth is that Marc Andre Jarry didn't play well enough to give the pens a chance. Sure, there was some bad D in front of him at times, but he didn't make many saves, while Anderson did. Team quit on him, and the refs just added more fuel.

Brassard is still in my dog house from the PHI game, and he does it again tonight on the first GA. As of now, we are a worse team with him in the lineup until he improves. Bad D, and marginal offense does not an effective player make on the bottom 6. I'd still love to have Grabner instead. Hopefully, he can turn it around, and it starts by COVERING YOUR MAN IN THE CREASE!

Reactions: Will Hunting

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
The main thing I don't like about the call--and it was a dreadful call-- is that the team now has a built-in excuse they can focus on to explain why they failed in this game...when in fact, they have a lot to fix and they should get on it....

Speaking Moistly

What a terrible image.
Feb 19, 2013
Injured Reserve
Not the time to complain in public. Playoffs are right around the corner. He is smart to play it political.

This is part of the problem in a nutshell, isn't it? There's never a right time because the refs are petty babies who wield a decent amount of power. If there's never a right time to complain then there's less pressure to force change.

It's always fun when league problems lineup with social ones... it's incredibly disturbing in what it says about humanity. Well, western society, idk enough to speak about the others. I assume there's general overlap because humanity sucks so much.

Will Hunting

Immortal Adams
Dec 14, 2011
European Union
Truth is that Marc Andre Jarry didn't play well enough to give the pens a chance. Sure, there was some bad D in front of him at times, but he didn't make many saves, while Anderson did. Team quit on him, and the refs just added more fuel.

Brassard is still in my dog house from the PHI game, and he does it again tonight on the first GA. As of now, we are a worse team with him in the lineup until he improves. Bad D, and marginal offense does not an effective player make on the bottom 6. I'd still love to have Grabner instead. Hopefully, he can turn it around, and it starts by COVERING YOUR MAN IN THE CREASE!
I´ve been watching other games. Basically every other TDL acquisition does more than Brassard in them. Very disappointing so far. Jarry, not good, but what can you do.

Scandale du Jour

JordanStaal#1Fan
Mar 11, 2002
Asbestos, Qc
www.angelfire.com
This is part of the problem in a nutshell, isn't it? There's never a right time because the refs are petty babies who wield a decent amount of power. If there's never a right time to complain then there's less pressure to force change.

It's always fun when league problems lineup with social ones... it's incredibly disturbing in what it says about humanity. Well, western society, idk enough to speak about the others. I assume there's general overlap because humanity sucks so much.

It rarely is the time to complain in public, indeed. Unless you have TSN and Rogers to back you up, like Babcock has. Gotta play your cards smartly and complain behind the scene. I am naively hoping Mario still has done pull.

Speaking Moistly

What a terrible image.
Feb 19, 2013
Injured Reserve
The main thing I don't like about the call--and it was a dreadful call-- is that the team now has a built-in excuse they can focus on to explain why they failed in this game...when in fact, they have a lot to fix and they should get on it....

They were good enough to get to OT... almost literally. The reality is that it really did cost them badly in the game. One ref disaster better not have distracted them from an ongoing problem, because this wasn't a one off. My concern is that they all think Murray will fix this when really he's just better at covering for everyone deciding to glide around.

They should like that the team didn't quit, though.

When he sticks to hockey, he is ****ing awesome. Too bad he rarely does.

That's the worst f***ing part. He's not someone being awful to cling to NHL money for as long as possible, he's just dangerous for the sake of it.

Reactions: Scandale du Jour

Tom Hanks

Spelling mistakes brought to you by my iPhone.
Nov 10, 2017

Bad D is an understatement. The left guys uncovered in close too many times. No goalies are going to be able to stop those not even Anderson. Toronto didn’t give up point blank chances to our forwards with 6 feet to the nearest defender.

Grabner has played 8 games for NJ for zero goals and zero assists. We needed a centre. We got a good one. He’s playing a new system with an injured Phil and a rotation of LW’ers who aren’t good fits.

He’s still a good player and will be a good player for us.

Scandale du Jour

JordanStaal#1Fan
Mar 11, 2002
Asbestos, Qc
www.angelfire.com
They were good enough to get to OT... almost literally. The reality is that it really did cost them badly in the game. One ref disaster better not have distracted them from an ongoing problem, because this wasn't a one off. My concern is that they all think Murray will fix this when really he's just better at covering for everyone deciding to glide around.

They should like that the team didn't quit, though.

That's the worst ****ing part. He's not someone being awful to cling to NHL money for as long as possible, he's just dangerous for the sake of it.

He is a rat. A god damn dirty piece of shit even, but he sure can play the game.

Speaking Moistly

What a terrible image.
Feb 19, 2013
Injured Reserve
It rarely is the time to complain in public, indeed. Unless you have TSN and Rogers to back you up, like Babcock has. Gotta play your cards smartly and complain behind the scene. I am naively hoping Mario still has done pull.

He used the last of his pull to get Crosby.

I'm actually not sure what complaining behind the scenes will do since this is a colossal problem with the league and it's intertwined with other serious problems. Maybe the next lockout will be what forces some change. They need a serious overhaul to really address this.

Tom Hanks

Spelling mistakes brought to you by my iPhone.
Nov 10, 2017

They don’t have much to fix. Basically D positioning from the 5 guys on the ice. That’s pretty much it. We average over 4 goals a game so that’s no issue. They are cruising a bit. They are entitled too if that’s part of the plan.

Scandale du Jour

JordanStaal#1Fan
Mar 11, 2002
Asbestos, Qc
www.angelfire.com
He used the last of his pull to get Crosby.

I'm actually not sure what complaining behind the scenes will do since this is a colossal problem with the league and it's intertwined with other serious problems. Maybe the next lockout will be what forces some change. They need a serious overhaul to really address this.

It is actually a pretty simple problem to solve. Draft a clear rule, enforce it with some consistency.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad