Post-Game Talk: Leafs 5, Pens 2 - Ref Off

Status
Not open for further replies.

WayneSid9987

Nov 24, 2009

In a game where there was some weak ones on TOR with them up 3-0...
This was the ref to do something like he did.

Scandale du Jour

JordanStaal#1Fan
Mar 11, 2002
Asbestos, Qc
www.angelfire.com
As someone who enjoys a good rant and hates the nhl, go for it.

These f***ers think they can be major league, yet, they are controlled by a click of retrograd businessman like Jeremy Jacobs. They think they can make the same TV money the NBA does yet they fail to understand that their sport is not easily marketable to people who do not live in the North and/or doesn't have enough money to play it. They do not have a clue how to attract a different demographic and think teams in Las Vegas will expend their footprint.

And let's not even get into the old "hockey is a tough man game" mentality. That and if you are not part of the old boys club, you do not have a say. Even Mario was ridiculed for taking a stand against goonery. They want their.cake and eat.it too.

ncm7772

Apr 10, 2016
Upstate NY
Bad game. Let's move on. Defensive issues. Hope goaltending can improve. Only 26 shots allowed, this shouldn't happen.

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
Wouldn't be surprised if we absolutely blow Dallas out tomorrow.

We looked pretty good throughout the game and the Leafs scored some power play goals. I wouldn't take much from this loss.

Those worried about Brassard even if he doesn't look good at all this year, he will come in with a training camp. Also, I don't think he necessarily looks bad, I think it is more a combination of Sheahan having a terrible game and Kessel being obviously hurt.

Pancakes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2011

We looked pretty good throughout the game and the Leafs scored some power play goals. I wouldn't take much from this loss.

Those worried about Brassard even if he doesn't look good at all this year, he will come in with a training camp. Also, I don't think he necessarily looks bad, I think it is more a combination of Sheahan having a terrible game and Kessel being obviously hurt.

I don't think Brassard looks great yet but yeah he needs time to settle in. And the track record is there. Also he historically plays well in the playoffs.

Not worried about him. It'll come.

Speaking Moistly

What a terrible image.
Feb 19, 2013
Injured Reserve
These ****ers think they can be major league, yet, they are controlled by a click of retrograd businessman like Jeremy Jacobs. They think they can make the same TV money the NBA does yet they fail to understand that their sport is not easily marketable to people who do not live in the North and/or doesn't have enough money to play it. They do not have a clue how to attract a different demographic and think teams in Las Vegas will expend their footprint.

And let's not even get into the old "hockey is a tough man game" mentality. That and if you are not part of the old boys club, you do not have a say. Even Mario was ridiculed for taking a stand against goonery. They want their.cake and eat.it too.

They keep expanding while they have organizations that are struggling. They have blatant cap circumvention with essentially retired players getting moved around. Pronger worked for the f***ing league at that time. The continued crap like goons in DoPS. Turning around and punishing those legal but stupid long contracts isn’t fair. Don’t be pissy when someone figures out how to exploit your poorly done rules.

I’m uncomfortable with how long teams can more or less own a player and f*** them up. There’s this bullshit dichotomy of “he’s a good guy off the ice” great, he’s still a psychopath on the ice and it’s not something that vanishes.

Reactions: Scandale du Jour

Pancakes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2011
Goaltending is a problem for us right now. Even when we've won, I feel like Jarry has not looked on top of his game.

Hopefully MM is back soon. I'm high on Jarry/Desmith but right now they're struggling.

Speaking Moistly

What a terrible image.
Feb 19, 2013
Injured Reserve
I don't think Brassard looks great yet but yeah he needs time to settle in. And the track record is there. Also he historically plays well in the playoffs.

Not worried about him. It'll come.

They really need someone like ZAR, Hagelin or rust on the other wing with those two. Sheahan is the closest they have right now but he’s a centre.

Other than that, I’ll worry about him if he’s still struggling in the playoffs and at that point you try Sheahan back with Kessel or move other pieces around.

I wouldn’t be surprised if they were full of piss and vinegar tomorrow.

Scandale du Jour

JordanStaal#1Fan
Mar 11, 2002
Asbestos, Qc
www.angelfire.com
They keep expanding while they have organizations that are struggling. They have blatant cap circumvention with essentially retired players getting moved around. Pronger worked for the ****ing league at that time. The continued crap like goons in DoPS. Turning around and pushing those legal but stupid long contracts isn’t fair. Don’t be pissy when someone figures out how to exploit your poorly done rules.

I’m uncomfortable with how long teams can more or less own a player and **** them up. There’s this bull**** dichotomy of “he’s a good guy off the ice” great, he’s still a psychopath on the ice and it’s not something that vanishes.

Oh and the Arizona situation. What a f***ing joke. They nearly pushed a city that does not give a shit about hockey to bankruptcy. Yet, they award a team to Las Vegas. A team that will fail miserably once old man Foley dies.

They have no vision, no understanding of the market and, worse, they buy into the "Slapshot" type of hockey. There is so much more than goonery to hockey. Yet, we get Mike f***ing Milbury talking about toughness on national TV every freaking week. Not any better in Canada with Cherry and Kypreos.

Reactions: EightyOne and vabm8

WayneSid9987

Nov 24, 2009

Both Brass and Sheahan or being forced into positions they don't excel at atm.
There is a potential issue with Brass-Phil(with Brass as the C) atm tho but it's easily solved by either going back to X-Sheahan-Phil or giving him hard nosed/puck hunting wingers(move Phil up with G, Horny goes with Brass).
But Shea still needs to play C, imo. x-Sheahan-Phil/Horny/Jooris

imouttahereEdWinger

Jan 22, 2014
NHL continues to demonstrate that it is not a legitimate sport. Sports have rules that are consistently followed and that people understand where the actions of the two teams determine outcomes, not 3rd parties. The NHL does not.

We're all in the end just watching a WWE version of hockey where we pretend it's real.

Reactions: EightyOne

Scandale du Jour

JordanStaal#1Fan
Mar 11, 2002
Asbestos, Qc
www.angelfire.com
Both Brass and Sheahan or being forced into positions they don't excel at atm.
There is a potential issue with Brass-Phil(with Brass as the C) atm tho but it's easily solved by either going back to X-Sheahan-Phil or giving him hard nosed/puck hunting wingers(move Phil up with G, Horny goes with Brass).
But Shea still needs to play C, imo. x-Sheahan-Phil/Horny/Jooris

Sheahan as a LW is forcing him in a position he should not be in.

Brassard with Phil and Jake or ZAR or Rust is fine. Problem is when you have another finesse player with them... or a natural center.

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
I'm trying to stay out of discussion tonight because I want to rant about that call for about 40 straight days. It's embarrassing, at times, to be a fan of this sport. It's embarrassing that stuff like that actually happens.

Easiest thing to do: Call it a goal and review it. Then the idiot doesn't change the game with his narcissism and need to make it about himself.

Pancakes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2011
I'm trying to stay out of discussion tonight because I want to rant about that call for about 40 straight days. It's embarrassing, at times, to be a fan of this sport. It's embarrassing that stuff like that actually happens.

Easiest thing to do: Call it a goal and review it. Then the idiot doesn't change the game with his narcissism and need to make it about himself.

As bad as NHL refs can sometimes be I do still think they're better than MLB/NBA/NFL refs. So there's that.

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
NHL continues to demonstrate that it is not a legitimate sport. Sports have rules that are consistently followed and that people understand where the actions of the two teams determine outcomes, not 3rd parties. The NHL does not.

We're all in the end just watching a WWE version of hockey where we pretend it's real.
To be fair the NFL is really struggling with "what is a catch?" :laugh: But tonight makes their issues with a catch look like nothing. How can you honestly explain that call to a person who is intrigued by hockey. You can't. You just admit the sport isn't legit and this is a reason why it's being held back.

Speaking Moistly

What a terrible image.
Feb 19, 2013
Injured Reserve
Oh and the Arizona situation. What a ****ing joke. They nearly pushed a city that does not give a **** about hockey to bankruptcy. Yet, they award a team to Las Vegas. A team that will fail miserably once old man Foley dies.

They have no vision, no understanding of the market and, worse, they buy into the "Slapshot" type of hockey. There is so much more than goonery to hockey. Yet, we get Mike ****ing Milbury talking about toughness on national TV every freaking week. Not any better in Canada with Cherry and Kypreos.

Vegas is going to trick them into thinking they've figured out this expansion stuff and it’ll blow up spectacularly.

God. The f***ers on TV and I include the local guys in that. You want to talk problems and where they might stem from? That garbage and of course it hurts new gans’ interest in the sport when you have some delusional moron prattling on about how awesome trying to concuss someone is. The “fighting is a part of hockey” thing is also a joke, it’s literally against the rules and has somehow become sacred to the knuckle draggers in charge. Honestly, Don Cherry dying will be good for it on tv in Canada.

It’s such and exciting and beautiful sport the league ruins with the punchy punchy culture, terrible refs and barbaric levels the players are allowed to reach.

I hope the warrior culture praising dies, too. They’ve taken it too far and the new slobber over the players doing it.

Speaking Moistly

What a terrible image.
Feb 19, 2013
Injured Reserve

“At times” try varying degrees every game, but it’s not the sport. It’s the horrific league and culture driving it into the ground.

PensandCaps

Beddy Tlueger
May 22, 2015
They need to just put Brassard as 3C and Sheahan at 4C unconditionally.

Sheahan is iffy on wing. Let Brassard and Kessel gain some familiarity over the next 12 games.

Have Sheahan drive line 4 with Sheary, Simon, ZAR or Rust.

If we're ever healthy..lol.

ZAR-Crosby-Simon/Sheary
HGH
Guentzel-Brassard-Kessel
Sheary/Simon- Sheahan-Rust

Scandale du Jour

JordanStaal#1Fan
Mar 11, 2002
Asbestos, Qc
www.angelfire.com
Vegas is going to trick them into thinking they've figured out this expansion stuff and it’ll blow up spectacularly.

God. The ****ers on TV and I include the local guys in that. You want to talk problems and where they might stem from? That garbage and of course it hurts new gans’ interest in the sport when you have some delusional moron prattling on about how awesome trying to concuss someone is. The “fighting is a part of hockey” thing is also a joke, it’s literally against the rules and has somehow become sacred to the knuckle draggers in charge. Honestly, Don Cherry dying will be good for it on tv in Canada.

It’s such and exciting and beautiful sport the league ruins with the punchy punchy culture, terrible refs and barbaric levels the players are allowed to reach.

I hope the warrior culture praising dies, too. They’ve taken it too far and the new slobber over the players doing it.

We are so on the same page man. Cherry would say that I am just a visor-wearing soft Frenchy though.

I will say one thing though, I hope Seattle succeeds. That market, unless Vegas which is a rich guy's vanity project, has true potential.

Speaking Moistly

What a terrible image.
Feb 19, 2013
Injured Reserve
We are so on the same page man. Cherry would say that I am just a visor-wearing soft Frenchy though.

I will say one thing though, I hope Seattle succeeds. That market, unless Vegas which is a rich guy's vanity project, has true potential.

Just insult the suits, I hear he cries if you do that. He has to leave modern society if he cries,

I hope they all succeed. It’s just that they all won’t and the league doesn’t deserve it. Fans, any pluses to the local economy and most of the players do, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad