Post-Game Talk: Leafs 5, Pens 2 - Ref Off

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shady Machine

Aug 6, 2010
Just a weird game. Pens had a lot of possession, but Toronto did a nice job keeping them to the outside, getting bodies and sticks in front of pucks. Then Pens had a few breakdowns, stupid turnovers, etc. Pens as a team are struggling against speedy aggressive teams (same style Pens have won with). I thought Jarry had a rough game, even though I can't really solely blame him for any of the goals. 3 and 4 were certainly stoppable.

Ryder71

Nov 24, 2017
Pens played well enough to win. Also played poorly enough to lose. I'll keep beating the drum of cleaning up the turnovers in our own end. Opponents are feasting on this. Many nights we find a way to score enough to win a game like this one. Just didn't happen tonight.
We weren't very sound defensively and though we had a lot of OZone time, we didn't convert when we had the chances. Add on our abysmal performance on special teams and no, I don't think we deserved anything more than what we got.

Zirakzigil

Global Moderator
Jul 5, 2010
Canada
Brutal call by the ref.

Wasnt a consistent effort tonight. They didnt deserve to win. Liked the push at the end. Vintage Crosby backhander was nice to see. He needs to be a lot better.

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
I can't give anyone a +

---------------- the ref
-, everyone else
-- everyone in the Metro getting points but us

+ we're back in second place and again in position to play the Flyers, a team we can actually beat....

+ I'm drunk and I listened to good music instead of watching the entire **** show

Speaking Moistly

What a terrible image.
Feb 19, 2013
Injured Reserve
The league NEEDS to issue a statement. WTF even is goalie inference?

Didn’t they already? The reality is that if the refs can’t do it then don’t let them. Make every goal automatically reviewed by Toronto and cut out the idiots. Let coaches challenge whatever and that can go to Toronto as well. Bypass the the f***wits if they’re this bad.

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
Brutal call by the ref.

Wasnt a consistent effort tonight. They didnt deserve to win. Liked the push at the end. Vintage Crosby backhander was nice to see. He needs to be a lot better.

Do we have his name? Just for post season prep...

Shady Machine

Aug 6, 2010
I legitimately don't understand the reality that some people are living in when they trash Jarry. Listen, he's not perfect. He has had his ups and downs. Fair criticism is obviously fine, but I've lost count of how many times I've seen people say he's trash or that he doesn't have a future in the NHL. He's 22, he's a rookie. He's not Matt Murray. Nobody is. Matt Murray is a freak, an outlier. There won't be another Murray for years or perhaps even decades. What's happening with Jarry is a normal growth curve for a talented young goalie. Carey Price ate **** in Montreal for years until he figured it out. This is normal. It's not his fault that there's no veteran backup to step in while Murray's injured. I just don't understand the negativity at all. It's so overblown.

For my part, yes it was overblown. Was just annoyed in the heat of the game at 3rd and 4th goals. Ultimately you are right though.

Tom Hanks

Spelling mistakes brought to you by my iPhone.
Nov 10, 2017
We were the better team and still lost because of our own mistakes. Things like that happen.

and when there is more at stake (the playoffs) I think a lot of that goes away. We have a good coach too.

Plus getting Rust, ZAR, Murray and Simon( if he cracks the line up) will be big

Reactions: Scandale du Jour

RustyRazor

né Selfish Man
Mar 9, 2004
PNW
We weren't very sound defensively and though we had a lot of OZone time, we didn't convert when we had the chances. Add on our abysmal performance on special teams and no, I don't think we deserved anything more than what we got.

Deserve has nothing to do with it. The Pens could've tallied three in the first period alone, they played well enough that they could've won. Toronto buried their chances, the Penguins didn't. No excuses, that's hockey.

Scandale du Jour

JordanStaal#1Fan
Mar 11, 2002
Asbestos, Qc
www.angelfire.com
I can't give anyone a +

---------------- the ref
-, everyone else
-- everyone in the Metro getting points but us

+ we're back in second place and again in position to play the Flyers, a team we can actually beat....

+ I'm drunk and I listened to good music instead of watching the entire **** show
I am debating wheter to go buy more beer or to go to bed.

TNT87

Jun 23, 2010
PA
Easily the worst call against the Penguins this season.

I would say that I can't believe they called that but then again this is the NHL. I surprised they didn't award Andersen a penalty shot for some reason.

Mr Jiggyfly

Jan 29, 2004
- Pens would have likely taken it to OT without the bad call on the Dumo goal. Liked how they kept battling until the end, good to see.

- Still just a point out of first.

- Jooris may be the first guy in NHL history to request to be sent back to the A.

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
Didn’t they already? The reality is that if the refs can’t do it then don’t let them. Make every goal automatically reviewed by Toronto and cut out the idiots. Let coaches challenge whatever and that can go to Toronto as well. Bypass the the ****wits if they’re this bad.

I mean seriously, I don't care what team scored that goal and had it disallowed, that call was horrendous and the ref should be bagging groceries by weeks end.

Tom Hanks

Spelling mistakes brought to you by my iPhone.
Nov 10, 2017
Didn’t they already? The reality is that if the refs can’t do it then don’t let them. Make every goal automatically reviewed by Toronto and cut out the idiots. Let coaches challenge whatever and that can go to Toronto as well. Bypass the the ****wits if they’re this bad.

Gary said basically make the call and don’t overthink it. Maybe the refs heard flip a coin.

WayneSid9987

Nov 24, 2009
Forget about the refs cuz they always stink:

-this trying to make Brass a Bones, Cullen or Sheahan thing needs to stop
-Sheahan needs to be back at C
-burn a callup. Don't even care about the potential ramifications of it. Team blows when both Kuhn+Rowney dress.
-Jarry has a bit of the yips. Hurry back Murr.

Sheary-Sid-X
Hags-G-X
X-Sheahan-Phil

Fill in the X's with Brass, Jake, and Horny atm.

Ugene Magic

EVIL LAUGH
Oct 17, 2008
Pittsburgh
We were the better team and still lost because of our own mistakes. Things like that happen.
I'm with you.

200.gif

Shady Machine

Aug 6, 2010
Brass has been a disappointment so far, but let's keep in mind that Sheahan looked like a tire fire for at least 10 games. Question for me is whether he and Kessel can gel. I think the other linemate is critical to that happening and Sheahan isn't it. I'd like to see ZAR in that role or Rust (much better at RW IMO). If we can get some bodies back, the lines will really fall into place.

Liked what I saw from Jooris and think a Simon-Sheahan-Jooris line could be neat.

Ryder71

Nov 24, 2017
Deserve has nothing to do with it. The Pens could've tallied three in the first period alone, they played well enough that they could've won. Toronto buried their chances, the Penguins didn't. No excuses, that's hockey.
I'll put it this way, once we were down 2-0 I didn't feel as though we were in danger of winning. We weren't sharp tonight. Not defensively, not on special teams and not in executiing on scoring chances.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad