Post-Game Talk: Leafs 5, Pens 2 - Ref Off

Status
Not open for further replies.

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
giphy.gif

Meanwhile, on Earth 2, I'm getting ready for OT . . .

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
I will ignore ranting even more on the idiotic officials. That was f***ing AWFUL. Seriously.

The pens owned possession, IMO, and controlled the game. I think the PP and some defensive issues let the team down. Oh well. It happens. I thought from what I saw, I saw a team that controlled pace and probably should have won. But there are games you win that you don't deserve. There are games you lose and you don't deserve to lose. Oh well. I am not discouraged in any way.

I am utterly disgusted by that call. It is inexcusable and stupid.

Fatty McLardy

Oct 6, 2017
does someone have a gif of that Letang "slapshot"at the end?..

I need some humor after this game.

Dey so soff*

Feb 17, 2017
Did it to yourselves.

Forget the refs, figure out what the **** you need to do to fix the team D.

Shady Machine

Aug 6, 2010
I missed it in real time but saw the replay. What’s the consensus, was that goalie interference?

Lol. Dumo is driving net, tries to cut around goalie, is pushed in the back and incidental contact clips the head but puck was already around Andersen's pad. It's not close to goalie interference but even if it was, it was no where close to deserving a 2 minute penalty. Ref trying to be a hero.

Tom Hanks

Spelling mistakes brought to you by my iPhone.
Nov 10, 2017
They played some good, some bad and the ref was ugly. Moving on.

JBose7

Jun 7, 2013
Some bad calls but they didnt play with urgency until late. Just a meh effort. I hope they get some chemistry built up on that 3rd line with the remaining games

EightyOne

My posts are jokes. And hockey is just a game.
Nov 23, 2016
Did it to yourselves.

Forget the refs, figure out what the **** you need to do to fix the team D.

They didn't figure it out in the prior 68 games.

Doubt it improves over the next thirteen.

I'm not that mad about tonight. Leafs owned us all year.

Reactions: Ugene Malkin

BHD

Vejmelka for Vezina
Dec 27, 2009
Moncton, NB
The team didn't play well enough, but that game was a joke.

Glad they're done with the Leafs for the season. I've never seen a team yell at the refs like they did until they got a couple goals on the PP. And that GI on Dumo. f*** right off.

Brandinho

deng xiaoping gang
Aug 28, 2005
República de Cuba
I legitimately don't understand the reality that some people are living in when they trash Jarry. Listen, he's not perfect. He has had his ups and downs. Fair criticism is obviously fine, but I've lost count of how many times I've seen people say he's trash or that he doesn't have a future in the NHL. He's 22, he's a rookie. He's not Matt Murray. Nobody is. Matt Murray is a freak, an outlier. There won't be another Murray for years or perhaps even decades. What's happening with Jarry is a normal growth curve for a talented young goalie. Carey Price ate shit in Montreal for years until he figured it out. This is normal. It's not his fault that there's no veteran backup to step in while Murray's injured. I just don't understand the negativity at all. It's so overblown.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad