Post-Game Talk: Lack of talent, Jets lose 4-1

Status
Not open for further replies.

FanForLife

Oct 27, 2018
Winnipeg
there is no conspiracy to screw the jets, reffing in the nhl is horrible, nobody know whats going to be called on a given night, just don't get the logic that just because you didn't get a call in this game somehow means it will even out later...

well arizona beat the avs and oilers beat the flames both in regulation so that's good
The logic is that mathematically, all things being equal, they will equal out. Like lotteries, eventually 1 will be drawn a million times, 2 will be drawn a million times, 3 will be drawn a million time(+ or - a small percentage). Same with bad calls. Unless there is truly a conspiracy against the Jets, (or any other team) they even out. Watch a game where you're totally neutral, you'll see calls are missed both ways.

snowkiddin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 26, 2016
For everyone wanting chevy to make a move... who do you want and what are you willing to give up?

No way chevy trades a 1st so the team can tread water for 3 weeks until the injuries are healed. Nor should he.
I’d try trading a mid-round pick for a middle six forward. Either one who is on expiring deal or one who is a bit overpaid (so weaponizing our cap space). If there’s no one available, so be it, but we see these types of trades happen every year and I’d be trying to get in on that before our team nose dived over the next month.

Agreed if the asking price is a 1st that we’ll just have to hang tight, stand pat, and deal with trying to claw back into a playoff spot when we get guys back.

My summation of this game is Helle let in 2 very soft goals he should have had. The first one went right thru his legs -- very bad. Minnesota goalie was good, but wasn't tested a lot on real good chances.

Most importantly it looks pretty obvious we're missing a ton of regulars. We're without Schmidt, Ehlers, Perfetti, Wheeler, Melalainen, and Appleton. That's a whole line really.

Also players we've picked up on waivers like Kuhlman, Alex Fjalby, and the others, all hustle hard, but have very poor scoring hands, and bad playmakers. We're sort of screwed till the injured regulars are back.

Tonight we looked like a patchup group of AHLrs with a very bad goaltender. I guess Helle's mistakes can be overlooked, because he won us tons of games as well.
Yeah, we definitely iced a pre-season roster tonight.

Every little bit will help. Who’s expected to be back first, and when?

Adam da bomb

May 1, 2016
The logic is that mathematically, all things being equal, they will equal out. Like lotteries, eventually 1 will be drawn a million times, 2 will be drawn a million times, 3 will be drawn a million time(+ or - a small percentage). Same with bad calls. Unless there is truly a conspiracy against the Jets, (or any other team) they even out. Watch a game where you're totally neutral, you'll see calls are missed both ways.
That may be true, but, not all timing is equal of missed calls. For instance I’d rather them call 50 penalties when we are already down by 3 and out of the playoffs then one missed call at the beginning of the game which can have a big impact. For instance, Lowry getting hooked on a breakaway during a 0-0 game and as a result the other team is able to turn it around and score.

Adam da bomb

May 1, 2016
But I keep hearing that or we should stand pat and not make a panic mode well we have a GM for a reason and we are in serious trouble right now and if we miss the playoffs we are gonna have even more problems on our hands. This is the one year where there are so many trade options out there. I’m not saying trade for Patrick Kane or anything like that but his team needs some top six help of some kind. We can’t stock one line for the next three weeks.
Alternatively, it’s an amazing draft and if we still miss the playoffs and trade our 1st that would suck.

For everyone wanting chevy to make a move... who do you want and what are you willing to give up?

No way chevy trades a 1st so the team can tread water for 3 weeks until the injuries are healed. Nor should he.
I’m willing to give up Heinola and a 2nd.

WolfHouse

Oct 4, 2020

I want bo horvat and a chance to win the cup

1st, heinola and Wagner - price is the same if it's now or TD

Adam da bomb

May 1, 2016
I want bo horvat and a chance to win the cup

1st, heinola and Wagner - price is the same if it's now or TD
Based on the conversation here ppl are worried about making playoffs nm the second round and you are like give me Bo and the jets will win the cup. I like it!

Reactions: AlaskaJet

Adam da bomb

May 1, 2016
Also give Mallot a chance for goodness sake. They keep throwing in these waiver pickups who can't score if their life depended on it, maybe time to give Mallot who has been a good soldier on the Moose his shot. He can't be worse. Any of Kuhlman, Gus, AJF can sit as far as I am concerned.
Isn’t he a career Ashlee? Isn’t his reward for doing his job well is he gets to keep his job? Am I missing something?

Reactions: hockeyarena

gojetsgo

Nov 1, 2015
why does there need to be a conspiracy against any team for them to get more bad calls then good, all it takes is poor officiating, do you have any actual data that has tracked all penalties, missed calls and bad calls for every team to support your "all calls are evened up" argument

I've watched a shit ton of hockey outside of the jets and what is a penalty one night is not a penalty the next, that leads to way to much inconsistency to have an even playing field where things can even themselves out and some teams are going to end up getting the short end of the stick

WolfHouse

Oct 4, 2020
Based on the conversation here ppl are worried about making playoffs nm the second round and you are like give me Bo and the jets will win the cup. I like it!
Honestly I expected to see a fire bowness thread now that we are suddenly not first in the division... haha

Team has a two year window before we lose Helle or pay him 10.5m... Chevy does not have a year to sit on 5m in capspace

My concern is that true north wants to recoup that five after covid losses and we will just ride the year out on waiver scraps...

Speaking of which - how did we not sign Sam Steel in the off-season...

gojetsgo

Nov 1, 2015
Honestly I expected to see a fire bowness thread now that we are suddenly not first in the division... haha

Team has a two year window before we lose Helle or pay him 10.5m... Chevy does not have a year to sit on 5m in capspace

My concern is that true north wants to recoup that five after covid losses and we will just ride the year out on waiver scraps...

chevy came out in the summer and said we were going to be a cap team, if we miss the playoffs we will end up losing more then 5 million from lost playoff revenue + we made money last season

WolfHouse

Oct 4, 2020
chevy came out in the summer and said we were going to be a cap team, if we miss the playoffs we will end up losing more then 5 million from lost playoff revenue + we made money last season
I don't remember that but let's hope so.

Reactions: AlaskaJet

Adam da bomb

May 1, 2016

If we have to trade Helly we would probably get a lot considering he is consistently at the top of the NHL.

But if the goal is to just make the playoffs you don’t need to give a 1st. They could also trade one of our underperforming former 1st and a 2nd. I’d love a sneaky good deal player like Demelo who has been one of our most consistent D.

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg
I’d try trading a mid-round pick for a middle six forward. Either one who is on expiring deal or one who is a bit overpaid (so weaponizing our cap space). If there’s no one available, so be it, but we see these types of trades happen every year and I’d be trying to get in on that before our team nose dived over the next month.

Agreed if the asking price is a 1st that we’ll just have to hang tight, stand pat, and deal with trying to claw back into a playoff spot when we get guys back.

Yeah, we definitely iced a pre-season roster tonight.

Every little bit will help. Who’s expected to be back first, and when?
If Chevy is shopping for a forward my guess is that he is being offered players with bad contacts. Over paid with term. I don’t think he is willing to act like a TD buyer quite yet and going after bigger name expiring contracts as there is a lot of risk at this point putting the 2023 first on the line.

tbcwpg

Jan 25, 2011
But I keep hearing that or we should stand pat and not make a panic mode well we have a GM for a reason and we are in serious trouble right now and if we miss the playoffs we are gonna have even more problems on our hands. This is the one year where there are so many trade options out there. I’m not saying trade for Patrick Kane or anything like that but his team needs some top six help of some kind. We can’t stock one line for the next three weeks.

So many trade options, like who? What's the price you're wanting to pay for an upgrade?

FanForLife

Oct 27, 2018
Winnipeg
That may be true, but, not all timing is equal of missed calls. For instance I’d rather them call 50 penalties when we are already down by 3 and out of the playoffs then one missed call at the beginning of the game which can have a big impact. For instance, Lowry getting hooked on a breakaway during a 0-0 game and as a result the other team is able to turn it around and score.
You win. Jets are totally screwed all the time by refs, no other team has calls missed. The NHL has directed referees to screw Winnipeg. How could I be so blind??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad