Post-Game Talk: Lack of talent, Jets lose 4-1

Status
Not open for further replies.

JetsFan815

Jan 16, 2012
Also give Mallot a chance for goodness sake. They keep throwing in these waiver pickups who can't score if their life depended on it, maybe time to give Mallot who has been a good soldier on the Moose his shot. He can't be worse. Any of Kuhlman, Gus, AJF can sit as far as I am concerned.

DannyGallivan

Your world frightens and confuses me
Aug 25, 2017
Melonville
The Jets played as well as they could with the talent that they have. They have three top nine forwards, and they're all on the same line. A top three and a bottom nine is a very bad problem to have. The Wild have virtually all their big guns, and they looked barely better than the Jets. f***ing hate moral victories. Jets are on a three-game losing skid. It's not going to get better until they start getting people back.

No, we are not hanging this on Bucky. He's been the backbone of the Jets for the last 4 years, and has stolen more games than he cost. Anybody blaming him can f*** off.
I was in total agreement until the last line. It doesn’t matter whether your name is Hellebuyck, Sawchuk or Hasek… when you mess up you get called on it. The only caveat is that a relatively healthy Jets would have bailed him out tonight.

Truenorthducky

Oct 10, 2020
There is a really good chance we miss the playoffs this year without any help

Just because we get everyone back in a few weeks doesn’t mean they are all playing their best .

We could be out of a playoff spot by the time everyone’s back and then keep falling as they are trying to get into game shape
But I keep hearing that or we should stand pat and not make a panic mode well we have a GM for a reason and we are in serious trouble right now and if we miss the playoffs we are gonna have even more problems on our hands. This is the one year where there are so many trade options out there. I’m not saying trade for Patrick Kane or anything like that but his team needs some top six help of some kind. We can’t stock one line for the next three weeks.

Dale53130

Nov 10, 2019
Also give Mallot a chance for goodness sake. They keep throwing in these waiver pickups who can't score if their life depended on it, maybe time to give Mallot who has been a good soldier on the Moose his shot. He can't be worse. Any of Kuhlman, Gus, AJF can sit as far as I am concerned.
I'm not buying any Kuhlman stock at the moment, but I thought that he wasn't exactly a meat & potatoes grinder tonight on offense. His cycling and keeping the play alive was encouraging; and unexpected. If he puts another few shifts together like he did tonight, I'd give him more ice time going forward. Big IF, but I saw a spark in his play tonight.

gojetsgo

Nov 1, 2015
But I keep hearing that or we should stand pat and not make a panic mode well we have a GM for a reason and we are in serious trouble right now and if we miss the playoffs we are gonna have even more problems on our hands. This is the one year where there are so many trade options out there. I’m not saying trade for Patrick Kane or anything like that but his team needs some top six help of some kind. We can’t stock one line for the next three weeks.
name the options that are available right now? and then ask yourself why a team would give them up now unless they get a price they can't refuse... unless you are wanting to go after someone like poolparty...

FanForLife

Oct 27, 2018
Winnipeg
Bad non call... but these pretty much even out course of season, so chill people. Plus, down 3-1, probably gonna lose anyways. Helly won more games than lost for us, for sure, but this one???...first 2 were not strong.

Reactions: Stumbledore

macmaroon

Winnipeg Jets fan since 1972
Sponsor
Sep 3, 2011
Winnipeg Manitoba
www.macmaroon.com
Sorry guys, I fell asleep after the second period. I guess I didn't miss much... Wish I had nodded off during the anthems, absolutely horrible. How did they think that guy was any good? :dunno: Better not get a call back...

The prediction contest for the game against the Canucks has been posted with an updated leaderboard, so check it out. Once again, don't forget to sign up to make your very own GDT! It's a lot of fun and there are plenty of games still available including the one against Vancouver...

bustamente

Kinda Optimistic
Jun 29, 2015
Fraud City MB
Must be tough for Chevy to make a trade of any significance, first find a player for your top six that doesn't have Winnipeg on the shit list, second find a player that is actually available who fits into your cap structure, third not get hosed because you feel pressure and your team is falling out of a playoff spot. Would a trade be helpful right now, all depends on who you get and what you give up for him but I think that Chevy stands pat.

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
Can't ask for more given what we are missing. The team could have pulled atleast a point out if some of those grade A chances we had were finished on.

JoMo wasn't near as dominant as he has been but then again its likely much easier to allocate resources to shutting him down with who's out of the lineup.

The other dmen sans Pionk were all solid enough. For an offensive dmen he misfires on far too many passes for my liking. He's supposed to be a puck mover yet misses easy outlet passes. He also runs around too much in his end.

Top line just didn't mesh that well. Mark had some looks but otherwise wasn't much of a factor tonight. Dubois and Conner played fine but the line just couldn't cash more then once.

Lowry line was fine. They had a couple of looks and were fine defensively. Harkins is an enigma, he has a couple plays were he shows good vision and patience and then has sequences where he looks discombobulated with the puck. Barron is nice player and looks like he will develop into a decent third line guy in time.

The rest where a who's who of AHL/Waiver wire fodder. They didn't do much other then allow the top two lines some rest. I like Gus and his defensive/PK game but he needs to find another level offensively if he is going to be an everyday plus 4C in this league.

The PP is a mess right now and when more talent comes back they need to start from ground zero and build two functional units.

Must be tough for Chevy to make a trade of any significance, first find a player for your top six that doesn't have Winnipeg on the shit list, second find a player that is actually available who fits into your cap structure, third not get hosed because you feel pressure and your team is falling out of a playoff spot. Would a trade be helpful right now, all depends on who you get and what you give up for him but I think that Chevy stands pat.

Is the roster freeze still on?

Last edited:

LowLefty

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 29, 2016
Bones post game comments sum it up well -
He wants the meat / potatoes group to shoot the puck - from anywhere - can't blame him.
I like the cycle these guys can generate at times - but it usually ends up as a turn over without a shot.

All he wants is the guys (bottom 9) to make simple plays that give them the best opportunity to create some offense.
Like dump in's that don't end up behind the net - and a forecheck that gives them a chance.
Get the puck on net and create some traffic - that's all he wants them to do - it's not complicated.
I think the next game is going to look a lot different - assuming they listen to the message.

snowkiddin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 26, 2016
Is the roster freeze over? Chevy needs to make a move. If you’re going to contend, f***ing contend. We’re gonna keep losing games if we don’t bring in reinforcements.

bustamente

Kinda Optimistic
Jun 29, 2015
Fraud City MB
Can't ask for more given what we are missing. The team could have pulled atleast a point out if some of those grade A chances we had were finished on.

JoMo wasn't near as dominant as he has been but then again its likely much easier to allocate resources to shutting him down with who's out of the lineup.

The other dmen says Pionk were all solid enough. For an offensive dmen he misfires on far too many passes for my liking. He's supposed to be a puck movw4 yet misses easyboitlet passes. He also runs around too much in his end.

Top line just didn't mesh that well. Mark had some looks but otherwise wasn't much of a factor tonight. Dubois and Conner played fine but the line just couldn't cash more then one.

Lowry line was fine. They had a couple of looks and were fine defensively. Harkins is an enigma, he has a couple plays were he shows good vision and patience and then has sequences where he looks discombobulated with the puck. Barron is nice player and looks like he will develop into a decent third line guy in time.

The rest where a who's who of AHL/Waiver wire fodder. They didn't do much other then allow the top two lines some rest. I like Gus and his defensive/PK game but he needs to find another level offensively if he is going to be an everyday plus 4C in this league.

The PP is a mess right now and when more talent comes back they need to start from ground zero and build two functional units.

Is the roster freeze still on?
Think it ends tonight at midnight

snowkiddin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 26, 2016
The Jets played as well as they could with the talent that they have. They have three top nine forwards, and they're all on the same line. A top three and a bottom nine is a very bad problem to have. The Wild have virtually all their big guns, and they looked barely better than the Jets. f***ing hate moral victories. Jets are on a three-game losing skid. It's not going to get better until they start getting people back.

No, we are not hanging this on Bucky. He's been the backbone of the Jets for the last 4 years, and has stolen more games than he cost. Anybody blaming him can f*** off.
I don’t know. I’m trying to take the moral victory out of this but this game was honestly more a cause for concern for the Wild than it was something to build on for us. The Wild struggling against the Moose might be a problem, but they still got the W. We’re gonna be the Winnipeg Moose for a little while so it’s time to make a move.

Moral victories are nice but they won’t put us into the playoffs.

bustamente

Kinda Optimistic
Jun 29, 2015
Fraud City MB
Also all visiting teams including the Wild had to fly into the opposition city today as team flights were not permitted during the break

gojetsgo

Nov 1, 2015
Every fan from every fan base thinks they get screwed. But, yeah, your right, Jets are the 1 out of 32 that TRULY get screwed...ps...sarcasm
there is no conspiracy to screw the jets, reffing in the nhl is horrible, nobody know whats going to be called on a given night, just don't get the logic that just because you didn't get a call in this game somehow means it will even out later...

well arizona beat the avs and oilers beat the flames both in regulation so that's good

GNP

Here Comes the Jets -look out hockey world !!!
Oct 11, 2016
Winnipeg
My summation of this game is Helle let in 2 very soft goals he should have had. The first one went right thru his legs -- very bad. Minnesota goalie was good, but wasn't tested a lot on real good chances.

Most importantly it looks pretty obvious we're missing a ton of regulars. We're without Schmidt, Ehlers, Perfetti, Wheeler, Melalainen, and Appleton. That's a whole line really.

Also players we've picked up on waivers like Kuhlman, Alex Fjalby, and the others, all hustle hard, but have very poor scoring hands, and bad playmakers. We're sort of screwed till the injured regulars are back.

Tonight we looked like a patchup group of AHLrs with a very bad goaltender. I guess Helle's mistakes can be overlooked, because he won us tons of games as well.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad