Post-Game Talk: Lack of talent, Jets lose 4-1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Atoyot

Jul 19, 2013
I missed the anthem but just saw it now.

I wish people would just sing the anthem and be done with it. These renditions or personal flairs etc are so unnecessary imo for something that should be so simple and uniform all around.

And ppl in the crowd should really stand and sing or shut the f*** up for 120 seconds. And REMOVE THEIR HATS, BEANIES OR TUQUES (sorry major pet peeve as you can tell).

Idk I learned this shit 20 some years ago in elementary. It's not hard at all
I wish that they just wouldn't do the anthems at all.

tbcwpg

Jan 25, 2011
I don't agree wth that at all. There was a play a couple of games ago where Stenlund got knocked down and as a result his stick came up on a player and he was penalized.

The prevailing idea is you have to be in control of your stick at all times, so Steel in that case should still be held accountable.

This is the main problem with nhl officiating, the rules are not defined well enough which leads to too much interpretation by the refs.

Until that's corrected we will continue to see uneven application of the rules and the awful result of that.

That third period was unwatchable. The Mild played rope a dope, flip the puck out, interfere, interfere, interfere.

I would hate it if my team played like that.

Lifting a stick into someone's face and swinging your stick around as you fall down after a hit is not the same thing. In fact, the idea that lifting a stick into someone's face means a penalty is not called takes OUT the subjectivity you don't like.

Your team does play like the Wild when it's in the 3rd on the road trying to hold a lead. It's one of the things Bowness does.

Jet

Free Capo!
Jul 20, 2004
Florida
Lifting a stick into someone's face and swinging your stick around as you fall down after a hit is not the same thing. In fact, the idea that lifting a stick into someone's face means a penalty is not called takes OUT the subjectivity you don't like.

Your team does play like the Wild when it's in the 3rd on the road trying to hold a lead. It's one of the things Bowness does.
I disagree on both counts. You shouldn't be so light on your stick that somene lifting it cause it to flail into a players face.

I have not seen the Jets do what the wild did last night

Peachkings1922

Aug 13, 2022
Grimsby
When the team hits that, what the f*** else can go wrong usually means injuries, underachieving, inconsistency and just bad shit with all aspects of the game. Chevy has to weather the storm of injuries. We've needed a top 6 F all year and it's time to get on that. We have Cap money, prospects and picks. I can't think of a better time to finally pull the trigger and get that done before it's to late. Even if it doesn't work immediately it gives them options when the injured return. Also, to add is now, gives the team a lift and the coach more time to work his new acquisition into the lineup.
Helly will be better that's a fact and the bottom 9 have to step up every night. The D has to do the same. At least check the market out and see what options are available for a top 6 forward.

DRW204

Dec 26, 2010
I think the best display of respect is experiencing it as you experience it, not how you're told to experience it. Being loud and disruptive is disrespectful, but wearing a hat and not standing? Nah, do that all day if that's how you feel. I think demanding that everybody acts and feels the same way regarding their country is disrespectful, regressive, and honestly a little creepy.
Personally think that's a bit of a slippery slope. But anyway not a conversation completely for this thread.

Back to hockey

bennylundholm

Sep 7, 2014
Personally think that's a bit of a slippery slope. But anyway not a conversation completely for this thread.

Back to hockey

Bones shuffling around the chairs on the Titanic.
Tough to make a gourmet meal out of scraps.
Gagner, Kuhlman and Lowry as your wingers in the top 6 spells desperation.

LowLefty

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 29, 2016

Back to hockey

Man, talk about a revolving door as far as who plays with who -
I get that injuries are driving the need for change - but these guys get one game together on a line and if it ain't firing on all 8, in goes someone else -
I don't agree with making this many moves - it's disruption on top of disruption - no wonder they can't get anything going.

snowkiddin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 26, 2016

The thing is, sometimes they call it a penalty when a player has his stick lifted like that (the justification being, “well, you have to be in control of your stick”) and sometimes they don’t call it. It’s a consistent lack of consistency that keeps players guessing. Last night they decided not to call it, but other times they will.

I get officiating is hard and it’s subjective, but there seems to be little to no consistency on what is and isn’t a penalty game-to-game, period-to-period and even infraction-to-infraction.

Last edited:

DRW204

Dec 26, 2010
Bones shuffling around the chairs on the Titanic.
Tough to make a gourmet meal out of scraps.
Gagner, Kuhlman and Lowry as your wingers in the top 6 spells desperation.
The chances of any trade happening I thought would always be slim. And with players coming back over the next couple weeks I think they'll just ride it out. I do hope they bring in anther middle 6 fwd at the tdl tho.

abax44

Jan 22, 2005
I don’t what else there is to say. This officiating is either ignorant and idiotic or corrupt as shit taking orders from above.

I am gonna use up my couple last share partner games with the Jets but I am out and done with the NHL.
K byeeeeeeeeeeeee

Zhamnov5GoalGame

Former Director of GDT Operations
Jan 14, 2012
Winnipeg, MB, Canada

Back to hockey

We’ll Scheif & Lowry together maybe gives us two lines instead of 1. But then we don’t really have a checking line.

Kuhlman better bring some of that slightly better play from last night. Because his previous jaunts with 55 have been bad.

SUX2BU

User of registers
Feb 6, 2018
Canada
After the dude from Big Sugar debacle, it looks like TN is going to one-up themselves for the Canucks game - they asked me if I wanted to sing the anthem.

Once again ………:laugh:

1672261186363.gif

• Haha
Reactions: GeorgeJETson

raideralex99

Whiteout Is Coming.
Dec 18, 2015
West Coast
Do they though. For the longest time the Canadian markets made up over 1/2 the revenue. Have the American markets eclipsed us?
TV revenue is where the majority of the money is made these days.
Remember the salary cap going up depends mostly on TV contracts.
Probably with all these betting sites popping up the NHL is getting a new source of income too.
More people will watch and bet on Ranger games than the Jet games but if Winnipeg had a population of 20 million then that would be a different story.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad