Player Discussion Kyle Turris

pm88

Mar 19, 2014
everywhere
Turris is the sens all time leader in playoff OT goals. At some point it stops being luck.

I agree we need an upgrade at centre but Turris isn't the guy you upgrade. Brassard is.

You don't need to upgrade Turris but I do wish we can get that solid #1 centre so that Turris can slide into the #2 spot where I think he's at his best

BK201

Apr 11, 2011
Turris is a solid 2 way player. Do not want to loose him.

Basically I doubt we'll ever be in a position to trade for a number 1 center just look at how laughable the avalanche ask was.

We need white and Brown to be those guys.

Pierre from Orleans

May 9, 2007
I'd rather add some shiny baubles like picks and prospects to Brassard than trade Turris.

I think we really missed the boat on acquiring a legit number 1 C when we traded Zibanejad. He definitely holds more value than Brassard despite what we gave up for him. Had we kept Zibanejad and included him in a package with Ceci and a 1st/prospect I bet we would've landed something of significance that could have propelled this team to contender status

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
I think we really missed the boat on acquiring a legit number 1 C when we traded Zibanejad. He definitely holds more value than Brassard despite what we gave up for him. Had we kept Zibanejad and included him in a package with Ceci and a 1st/prospect I bet we would've landed something of significance that could have propelled this team to contender status

I like Brass but..
I agree in part ... considering we gave up Zib + 2nd for Brass... thats 2 pieces we could use towards a more significant upgrade.
I don't know if the right deal ... that could propel us further was available this year and if that deal was made if it would have actually got us further...

Blotto71

I was wrong...the worst is NOT behind us.
May 12, 2013
Over There
Would Edmonton even remotely entertain a deal for Draisaitl around a signed Turris? I don't know how many "+" would need to be included, but would Turris behind McDavid get Chirelli thinking? Is Turris an upgrade over anyone not named Draisaitl at the 2C position?

Ottawa would be Draisaitl, Brassard, Pageau, ??? Down the middle next year with White and Brown in the wings (barring one of them being a "+").

Chirelli has demonstrated that he isn't adverse to giving up the best piece in a deal if he thinks it makes the team better over-all. Can the Sens provide enough to satisfy that?

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
Would Edmonton even remotely entertain a deal for Draisaitl around a signed Turris? I don't know how many "+" would need to be included, but would Turris behind McDavid get Chirelli thinking? Is Turris an upgrade over anyone not named Draisaitl at the 2C position?

Ottawa would be Draisaitl, Brassard, Pageau, ??? Down the middle next year with White and Brown in the wings (barring one of them being a "+").

Chirelli has demonstrated that he isn't adverse to giving up the best piece in a deal if he thinks it makes the team better over-all. Can the Sens provide enough to satisfy that?

I would bet he's pretty close to untouchable... Love to have him.

danielpalfredsson

youtube dot com /watch?v=CdqMZ_s7Y6k
Aug 14, 2013

There's no reason for EDM to trade Draisaitl for Turris. With Turris being a UFA, they'll likely have similar cap hits. If Turris signed with a foreign team who he has no previous relationship with, he probably asks for 6.5M-7M as that is where all the comparable contracts line up with. Draisaitl likely gets a similar amount on a 6+ year deal.

The only way I can see us getting Draisaitl for Turris is if Chabot is going back with him the other way, and Turris is seen as a possible 1 year rental for EDM because they don't think they can win paying McDavid as much as 12M while paying Draisaitl at least 6.5 and think Chabot can be a star defender throughout his ELC.

Even then, there would probably be better offers for Draisaitl from other teams. A top 10 scoring big strong centre who is only 21 years old....that's one of the most valuable pieces a team can have.

Blotto71

I was wrong...the worst is NOT behind us.
May 12, 2013
Over There
I would bet he's pretty close to untouchable... Love to have him.

I agree, would be a tough sell. Just looking at what's going to happen in the next couple of years in Edmonton got me wondering if they won't find themselves in a Chicago-esque cap situation paying two guys a ton (but without the cups and maybe the ability to attract players willing to sign cheap deals in the hope of winning a cup). Moving Turris is not my preference, but Brassard isn't bringing back anyone of note without big additions. Turris signed to a 5/6 x 6M + 2017 1st + Harpur + Dzingel? ... better than the Sens got for Spezza that's for damn sure!

TB1299

Apr 13, 2016
Sens need to look at moving Turris.

Love him but he is not a #1C. He is too soft on th puck.

Karlsson is the best player in the game but he needs a true number 1 Centre that can dominate.

Ideally you keep turris but he is just too weak physically.

He is decent offensively and back checks but he is not a #1C. We need one and we should be willing to make the moves to make it happen.

Move Ceci and Turris and a 1st for a legit #1 C for the next decade if possible.

If not then leta hope to god that Boucher, heart, Karlsson and Chabot can be enough.

Tenkrat

May 18, 2017
Sens need to look at moving Turris.

Love him but he is not a #1C. He is too soft on th puck.

Karlsson is the best player in the game but he needs a true number 1 Centre that can dominate.

Ideally you keep turris but he is just too weak physically.

He is decent offensively and back checks but he is not a #1C. We need one and we should be willing to make the moves to make it happen.

Move Ceci and Turris and a 1st for a legit #1 C for the next decade if possible.

If not then leta hope to god that Boucher, heart, Karlsson and Chabot can be enough.

Turris must have been injured. He did not look like his usual self after the 2nd round.

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007

They didn't trade for Subban because Chiarelli did not want to give up Draisaitl.

He isn't going anywhere.

Turris is fine. We can win with him as our top C as long as Brassard picks up the slack.

Sens Rule

Sep 22, 2005
A player like Draisaitl would be perfect for this team. Not realistic but his mold is ideal

Yes a huge PPG centre is ideal.

I am sure every other team thinks having Karlsson on their D is ideal.

Just not realistic.

TB1299

Apr 13, 2016
Yes a huge PPG centre is ideal.

I am sure every other team thinks having Karlsson on their D is ideal.

Just not realistic.

Also, there is a huge difference from wanted a true #1C then an Erik Karlsson.

We are not asking for a Conor McDavid here, we just need a true #1C.

Panic at the Back

Dec 5, 2005
Northern Bama
Just asking the question..

Who are your list of #1 Centers?

Which one of them is available? Last one that came available was Ryan Johansen - at the time he was playing 3rd line minutes or less for Columbus right? They gave up a potential #1 D to get him, and it worked out for both teams... so wait a year and give up Chabot for guy who may be a #1 C.

WadeRedden

Feb 24, 2016

No. Draisaitl established himself as one of the top 20 players in the league this year.

MarkStone

Frankie Fryer
Mar 12, 2016
No. Draisaitl established himself as one of the top 20 players in the league this year.

I think Edmonton fans would riot if Draisatl was traded for Turris, and rightly so. And that's not an insult to Turris, just an acknowledgement that there is a decent enough gap in quality.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad