Player Discussion Kyle Turris

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
Yea Teams are running to get rid of their #1 Centers for lesser centers.

Ryan O'Reilly, Jason Spezza, Joe Thornton, Tyler Seguin, Jeff Carter, Eric Staal, Ryan Johansen, Ryan Kesler, Brad Richards, Derek Stepan, Vincent Lecavalier, Paul Stastny are some of the high profile centers that became available in the last few years...

As for making a package, Sens could package Turris, a 1st and a prospect to get a good upgrade. The quality of the prospect would rise depending on the quality of the center acquired. If a team was luckily looking to do something like this, then it could happen.

DrunkUncleDenis

Condra Fan
Mar 27, 2012
Ryan O'Reilly, Jason Spezza, Joe Thornton, Tyler Seguin, Jeff Carter, Eric Staal, Ryan Johansen, Ryan Kesler, Brad Richards, Derek Stepan, Vincent Lecavalier, Paul Stastny are some of the high profile centers that became available in the last few years...

As for making a package, Sens could package Turris, a 1st and a prospect to get a good upgrade. The quality of the prospect would rise depending on the quality of the center acquired. If a team was luckily looking to do something like this, then it could happen.

Turris, Brown/Jaros, 2018 1st... it's a pretty decent package. Of course, the other team would hold out for White..

danielpalfredsson

youtube dot com /watch?v=CdqMZ_s7Y6k
Aug 14, 2013
I don't think the KHL played a factor into this whatsoever. It's not secret that the KHL has hit hard times--the league is contracting by four teams next year. Also, if the USA were to impose new sanctions on Russia like they did after the annexation of Crimea in 2014 and the price of oil were to drop, well, that's pretty much it for the KHL as we know it. It's not out of the realm of possibility given what the Russians did and are going to do during the midterm elections in 2018.

It's not a coincidence that Radulov, Shipychev, and Dadonov have all come back to North America. And guys like Da Costa who have carved out a nice little niche in that league are suddenly desperate to give the NHL another shot. Even Kovalchuk is going to finish out his career in North America which should give you an indication of how much confidence Russian players have in the future of the KHL.

Looks like I was correct in my guess about why he Kuznetsov's contract was so lucrative. There was a report a day or two after the extension that Kuznetsov used the KHL as leverage. Whether or not you believe he was bluffing is a different story, but he appears to have used the KHL to drive up his NHL price tag.

https://www.thescore.com/nhl/news/1...-caps-gm-s-presser-kuznetsov-had-khl-leverage

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
Turris, Brown/Jaros, 2018 1st... it's a pretty decent package. Of course, the other team would hold out for White..

You give up Turris, Brown, Jaros and a 1st if that center is someone like Tavares, but you'll have to make sure that he would re-sign because that could be disastrous lol. But it all depends of JT and if he wants to stay in NYI.

The Lewler

GOAT BUDGET AINEC
Jul 2, 2013
Eastern Ontario Badlands
I appreciate you Turris.

I'm glad we allowed you to reboot your career here , and you have been a great soldier and an even better person off the ice.

I still hope you stay , but good luck and thank you if PD ships you out!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad