Player Discussion Kyle Turris

Blotto71

I was wrong...the worst is NOT behind us.
May 12, 2013
Over There
I think Edmonton fans would riot if Draisatl was traded for Turris, and rightly so. And that's not an insult to Turris, just an acknowledgement that there is a decent enough gap in quality.

Agree there is a gap, and that is why the question was not posed as Draisaitl for Turris, it was posed as Draisaitl for signed Turris and who knows how many "+"s (Claesson? Harpur? White? Dzingel? Stone?Hoffman? Picks?). Unlikely? Sure. However, Chirelli has demonstrated more than once that he is willing to move high-end talent if he feels it improves his team now.

Tundraman

ModerationIsKey
Feb 13, 2010
North
I'd like to have Draisatl but I want to keep Turris too. He was never projected to be the #1 centre but he's had to carry the load in the last few years after Spezza. Turris is all heart and dedication and we need to keep him here. I don't think Turris will ask for the moon in his next deal. He's integrated well in the local community and he really likes the team and the city.

On Brassard: He's the one I'd like to unload. It's funny how he was worth a big 23 year old centre plus a 2nd but now just 1 year later we probably couldn't get 2 nickels for him. Heck that was probably true the day after Dorion made the trade!

Blotto71

I was wrong...the worst is NOT behind us.
May 12, 2013
Over There
I'd like to have Draisatl but I want to keep Turris too. He was never projected to be the #1 centre but he's had to carry the load in the last few years after Spezza. Turris is all heart and dedication and we need to keep him here. I don't think Turris will ask for the moon in his next deal. He's integrated well in the local community and he really likes the team and the city.

On Brassard: He's the one I'd like to unload. It's funny how he was worth a big 23 year old centre plus a 2nd but now just 1 year later we probably couldn't get 2 nickels for him. Heck that was probably true the day after Dorion made the trade!

I agree with both points - would like to keep Turris, would rather move Brassard...but don't see Brassard having enough value in a package that doesn't include Chabot to return a 1C. Keeping Brassard in the 2C role as the team waits to see if White or Brown will be able to take it on works.

That said, if Brassard + Chabot could land Draisaitl, I do it without a second thought.

pm88

Mar 19, 2014
everywhere
We're really pining a lot of our hopes on Logan Brown but he seems like he would be that ideal #1C. Turris, as solid a player he is, goes through periods where he is completely invisible. He's a great #2 though

Ice-Tray

Jan 31, 2006
Victoria
Sooooooo, why are we trading Turris or Brass exactly? I did enjoy the part about Brass having next to no value now though...

Never change HFSens..... :laugh:

Jerrico

Jan 21, 2007
Sooooooo, why are we trading Turris or Brass exactly? I did enjoy the part about Brass having next to no value now though...

Because neither of them are true number one centres, which not so coincidentally each of the past 10 cup winners have had.

I love both players, but on a truly good team they are on the second line, not the first.

What do you guys thing about something like turris, ceci, 1st for Draisaitl? I think Edmonton would want more

Sensinitis

Aug 5, 2012
Because neither of them are true number one centres, which not so coincidentally each of the past 10 cup winners have had.

I love both players, but on a truly good team they are on the second line, not the first.

What do you guys thing about something like turris, ceci, 1st for Draisaitl? I think Edmonton would want more

Meh, neither of the past 10 cup winners had Karlsson.

Moot point imo.

pm88

Mar 19, 2014
everywhere

If I was Edmonton I would want a lot more. Ottawa would have to be willing to give up one of Brown, Chabot or White for sure along with some secondary players. Draisaitl is really good already

Sun God Nika

Palestine <3.
Apr 22, 2013
You need a #1C to win, but you also need a #2C like Turris or better to win. Turris is way way way better than Brassard in that 2C spot. Never trade him unless he asks for more than 6Mil.

JungleBeat

Sep 10, 2016
Canada
Meh, neither of the past 10 cup winners had Karlsson.

Moot point imo.
Past winners had defencman who are closer to Karlsson than Brassard is to their number one centre.

Keith
Doughty
Chara
Letang

Those are elite players. Brassard is not close to Toews, Bergeron, Kopitar and Crosby.
You need a #1C to win, but you also need a #2C like Turris or better to win. Turris is way way way better than Brassard in that 2C spot. Never trade him unless he asks for more than 6Mil.

Unfortunately, Brassard is 29 and isn't goin to fetch us much. What we should've done was build a package around the more valuable Zibanejad..

Gil Gunderson

May 2, 2007
Ottawa, ON
We're really pining a lot of our hopes on Logan Brown but he seems like he would be that ideal #1C. Turris, as solid a player he is, goes through periods where he is completely invisible. He's a great #2 though

Even if Brown will be a #1 (not as optimistic as I once was) it's going to take years.

The alternative to having a #1 could be just to have a very deep D corps like Nashville's, which isn't as difficult as finding a #1 centre.

Last edited:

Sens Rule

Sep 22, 2005
Even if Brown will be a #1 (not as optimistic as I once was) it's going to take years.

The alternative to having a #1 could be just to have a very deep D corps like Nashville's, which isn't as difficult as finding a #1 centre.

We really have no idea at all the upside of Colin White as well. He could be a very, very good two way centre.

Many have already decided he will never be a 1st line centre but in a bit of time he might end up being really, really good.

If White becomes Logan Couture good then we might not need a top centre.

Viletho

Jan 20, 2015
We really have no idea at all the upside of Colin White as well. He could be a very, very good two way centre.

Many have already decided he will never be a 1st line centre but in a bit of time he might end up being really, really good.

If White becomes Logan Couture good then we might not need a top centre.

If White and Brown devellop has they are projected, don't be surprise to see White with near 20 min a game while Brown will see less ice time.

White will be deployed in all situation. PP/PK/2nd or 1st line C. In the end he's going to play A LOT.

danielpalfredsson

youtube dot com /watch?v=CdqMZ_s7Y6k
Aug 14, 2013

People have this weird idea that if your team is lacking a franchise center you can just take the one you have, package it with an asset, add a bit of water and sunlight and you'll get a franchise center.

With that said, the Senators should explore the options they have when it comes to trading Turris, not because I expect they'll get a better center in return, but because he'll be a free agent in a year and unless Turris is open to a hometown discount an extension will likely cost them 6M-7M per season from the ages of 29-35. Teams cannot keep everybody as they come off of their cheaper RFA contracts.

If the Sens trade Turris for futures or trade him without another C coming back it isn't because they are gambling on White or Brown, it'll likely be because they feel Pageau is ready to step up as a top 6 center.

TB1299

Apr 13, 2016
http://www.tsn.ca/live/talent/dorion-reveals-the-extent-of-sens-injuries-1.764324

The fact that Turris was in fact healthy is very concerning to me.

He is too weak on the puck and when it matters most he is not someone that can carry the play and create constant pressure and keep the play in the offensive zone.

Guy either needs to put on 20 pouds of solid muscle this summer or we need to upgrade.

Love the guy
Like the skill
Good person
Good player

We need better. Karlsson deserves better.

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
If I was Edmonton I would want a lot more. Ottawa would have to be willing to give up one of Brown, Chabot or White for sure along with some secondary players. Draisaitl is really good already

Why would Edmonton move Draisaitl at all regardless of all these different packages people are putting together? They seem to have a great combination there between McDavid & Draisaitl which resembles a younger version Crosby & Malkin. Why would they change that for players who may not be as good as those two are together or on separate lines? Edmonton might want all three in Brown, White & Chabot for Draisaitl who has proven to be an excellent player now in the NHL while none of those guys have proven anything in the NHL. I would be very surprised if Draisaitl isn't with the Oilers for the next 10 yrs, I doubt they ever trade him, why would they, it makes no sense now? :shakehead

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
http://www.tsn.ca/live/talent/dorion-reveals-the-extent-of-sens-injuries-1.764324

He is too weak on the puck and when it matters most he is not someone that can carry the play and create constant pressure and keep the play in the offensive zone.

Guy either needs to put on 20 pouds of solid muscle this summer or we need to upgrade.

Love the guy
Like the skill
Good person
Good player

Far easier to get him big wingers who can create space.

Turris is a very solid player, that he has shortcomings shouldn't mean we can't win with him.

Mingus Dew

Microphone Assassin
Oct 7, 2013

Love the guy
Like the skill
Good person
Good player

If Turris could put on 20 pounds of lean muscle in a few months, he would have done it by now. It ain't happening.

PoutineSp00nZ

Electricity is really just organized lightning.
Jul 21, 2009
Ottawa
Chances of getting a solid upgrade on either Turris or Brassard are slim to nil. The Sens have great center depth, just no high end guys.

Add a top winger and hope for the best.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad