Player Discussion Kyle Turris

playasRus

Mar 21, 2009
Best game by Turris? Great offensive presence, saved the game in OT on that gaff...overall, very involved in the game.

playasRus

Mar 21, 2009
probably best game. after looking horrible game 1. Good to see the bounce back

And, not sure if I should bump his thread too since I don't want to derail this thread again so soon, but Stone was snakebitten...kind of? He score that one goal, but had like 3 open chances and just got bad bounces. Guy is still magic and one of our best players. He's gotta a lot of negative energy from this board but man, I was impressed by him today.

Here I Pageau Again

Jul 4, 2012
Turris is interesting. I don't often find him making defensive mistakes. But he has been a bit weak on the puck and holy smokes he can't create good offensive chances for the life of him right now. I don't think he's hurting the team in any way, but I wish he would find a way to offensively contribute.

That said he saved Andy butt so much in OT that I have to give him huge huge credit for that.

MiscBrah

Mar 16, 2012
Best game by Turris? Great offensive presence, saved the game in OT on that gaff...overall, very involved in the game.

meh. He didn't look that good to me. Obviously, he save the game today, big props for that.

He continually fell down today, seemed very bewildered a lot of the time.

WadeRedden

Feb 24, 2016
meh. He didn't look that good to me. Obviously, he save the game today, big props for that.

He continually fell down today, seemed very bewildered a lot of the time.

Same. I thought he fought the puck for the first two periods. Saved the game with a brilliant defensive play and assisted on the GWG so :yo:

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
He was better than he has been this playoffs. He still seems to be avoiding any kind of real contact though. Not sure if it's an injury or what....but he's been like that most of the year.

pm88

Mar 19, 2014
everywhere
I'm critical of Turris but he saved the game for us last night. Last night was not a good example since we scored 6 goals lol, but if he can start scoring consistently we would be even more lethal. Actually I think we're going to need him to, Karlsson looked like he was messed up yesterday because of his foot after that hit by McDonagh. That's going to put a lot more pressure on our guys up front to start producing consistently

member 2431

Same. I thought he fought the puck for the first two periods. Saved the game with a brilliant defensive play and assisted on the GWG so :yo:

Right, but I don't think some people are being as appreciative as they should be of a play like that.

That play is as good as getting a goal. He had to be really quick and strong with his stick. Would we be so critical of his overall play if he had buried one instead yesterday? Same net effect (no pun intended).

I thought his game--not including said play--was solid. He was good along the boards (much better than against Boston) and had some 'classic Turris left-side drag and snipe' moments. Also had good short passes in their offensive zone.

tony d

New poll series coming from me on June 3
Jun 23, 2007
Behind A Tree
He's a very good player but don't think he should be our #1 centre, should be more of a #2 centre for us IMO.

Baby Ryan

Jan 6, 2014
Ottawa, ON
As much flak as he's gotten these playoffs from myself included, I have always enjoyed his work especially in the community. Hope he stays here for a long time.

One of my older friends said his daughter and her friend were walking along Wellington one summer and spotted Turris by a cafe having morning coffee. The guy instantly gave them autographs and chatted with them. Took his off-time to chat with two little girls and instantly made their summer.

Senateurs

Let's win it all
Feb 28, 2007
He played a feisty game on Saturday. He's been pretty much invisible since the start of the playoffs but he stepped up in game 5. Maybe getting slapped around by Glass waked him up.

I want to see the same desperation from everybody in NY.

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
Probably another reason Turris wont be leaving anytime soon ,he is exactly the type of player/person we need here :nod:

Punchbowl

Apr 4, 2010
Wow, that's a great read!

Turris is a real sweetheart and Mendes wrote a very nice piece.

Thanks for sharing!

danielpalfredsson

youtube dot com /watch?v=CdqMZ_s7Y6k
Aug 14, 2013
My favourite part of the story was Turris and his wife memorizing the kid's names prior to visiting for the first time.

Not to take the cynical road but is it that farfetched to say that some athletes only do charity work because it is beneficial to their public image? In this case, it really sounds like Turris isn't that kind of guy and goes above and beyond what he really has to do which is what makes it such a great story.

Larionov

Feb 9, 2005
Ottawa, ON
No one would have blamed him in the least if he had just gone home to crash after that game. After all, he has more than done his bit for the Condors. Instead, he gets in his car and goes to the banquet, no doubt hurting and exhausted, because he felt committed to those kids. Very, very cool. There's a guy whose parents raised him right...

The Lewler

GOAT BUDGET AINEC
Jul 2, 2013
Eastern Ontario Badlands
My favourite part of the story was Turris and his wife memorizing the kid's names prior to visiting for the first time.

Not to take the cynical road but is it that farfetched to say that some athletes only do charity work because it is beneficial to their public image? In this case, it really sounds like Turris isn't that kind of guy and goes above and beyond what he really has to do which is what makes it such a great story.

Not far fetched at all.

The details in this story show you that's not what Turris is about though.

He snuck off to do this and this is only a story because somehow related to the Condors I'm sure posted about it or wrote Mendes.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad