Kingston Frontenacs 2015-16 Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

BigBuck

Jan 26, 2012
Ya MDC is looking like a good fit in Kingston...2g + 3a against his old team tonight...8 points in his 1st 2 games.

Garlando

May 5, 2014
Kingston, Ontario
First place team in the East by a few points...is this the year the first round problems end? Team looks to have lots of depth and no glaring weaknesses and the players have bought into the system well.

AK87

Hall of Famer
Nov 8, 2012
Do as you wanna
First place team in the East by a few points...is this the year the first round problems end? Team looks to have lots of depth and no glaring weaknesses and the players have bought into the system well.

I dont want to jynx us but yes this year looks like the year they can make some noise. Anything other than a cup final appearance would be a dissapointing year in my opinion. They need to actually win for once and prove some wrong, the fans have been patient and deserve a winning team finally.

Tigers1992

Dec 13, 2009
You guys have been complaining for years on this board about how bad the team is, now that you have a great team you have nothing to say? It can't be all negative guys lol smile, your allowed to be happy!:D

knowescape

Made you look
Jan 26, 2016
Ontario
You guys have been complaining for years on this board about how bad the team is, now that you have a great team you have nothing to say? It can't be all negative guys lol smile, your allowed to be happy!:D

Some people won't buy a newspaper with a happy headline on it either. Kingston fans have a lot to be happy about this year!

Duke Guy

Sep 10, 2013
Once the Fronts win a playoff round for the first time since 1998 you will get a little more noise on this thread.

Voice from the North

Sep 17, 2013

I saw them when they were in Sudbury before the deadline and they have all the pieces, I agree with Tigers 1992, where's the love? You have a pretty good team with lots of depth.

knowescape

Made you look
Jan 26, 2016
Ontario
I saw them when they were in Sudbury before the deadline and they have all the pieces, I agree with Tigers 1992, where's the love? You have a pretty good team with lots of depth.

We are still Canadians and that patient, humble approach rears its head from time to time. Kingston has been close before and had things tumble away so perhaps its fans are being cautious so as not to jinx things?

Mitts Marner*

Honestly, after the Peterborough meltdown, there is nothing that will make me believe that this team can win a playoff series, until they win a playoff series.

AK87

Hall of Famer
Nov 8, 2012
Do as you wanna
Agree that was sickening on Sunday, Peterborough deserved to win that game. Friday was pretty disgusting as well. If they play like that for the rest of the season say bye bye to a playoff win.

Mitts Marner*

Agree that was sickening on Sunday, Peterborough deserved to win that game. Friday was pretty disgusting as well. If they play like that for the rest of the season say bye bye to a playoff win.

I was talking about the 2014 playoffs, heh.

SixthSens

RIP Fugu
Dec 5, 2007
Got tickets to see Fronts vs. Knights at the end of the month... looking forward to seeing MDC, Crouse, Watson, Foegele, etc. vs Tkachuk, Marner, Dvorak, Jones, Juolevi

MDR30

Feb 14, 2016
Big game on Monday as the Fronts take on the Colts at 2 PM. I know it sounds crazy but Paul Macfarland might have a tough decision in regards to who's starting in net. Peressini obviously is the starter after last year but his stats have slowly been slipping (SV%, GAA) since the beginning of the year. Not to mention he had a tough game Saturday night against the Battalion giving up 4 goals on 15 shots. In a somewhat important matchup for first place, I might consider giving Helvig the start....

from1981

Jan 7, 2015
Last post Feb 14th ?
Fronts have gone 3-1 since then, are in first place, and in position to play the sad sacks of the East in the first round of the playoffs. I can remember (does that date me ?) when Kingston was all about Jr. Hockey.

Pinch yourselves Kingston fans, the team is for real, AND you have a team to cheer for. We former Bulls supporters can only wish we had a team to cheer for, gripe about, love, and hate.

Any time you want to send the team 50 miles to the West, there's any empty arena just waiting.

Rusty Shackleford

Leafs Nation
Jul 14, 2005
Ottawa, Ontario
Last post Feb 14th ?
Fronts have gone 3-1 since then, are in first place, and in position to play the sad sacks of the East in the first round of the playoffs. I can remember (does that date me ?) when Kingston was all about Jr. Hockey.

Pinch yourselves Kingston fans, the team is for real, AND you have a team to cheer for. We former Bulls supporters can only wish we had a team to cheer for, gripe about, love, and hate.

Any time you want to send the team 50 miles to the West, there's any empty arena just waiting.
Don't let the inaction on this thread fool you.

Attendance has been very good this year(3500-4000 most nights) and there's a buzz, although a very cautious buzz, about this team around the city.

People are waiting for the first series win. We've seen a lot of good Frontenac teams go into the opening rounds as favourites, and come out on the losing side..(Sudbury in 06, Brampton in 2010, Peterborough in 2014, North Bay last year..).

Rusty Shackleford

Leafs Nation
Jul 14, 2005
Ottawa, Ontario
Fronts looked really strong against London.

The most impressive part of this team, has been how Paul McFarland has them playing defensively.. Also have to think that Helvig getting the start in a game that big, is a sign that maybe they're going to run with him over Peressini.

Garlando

May 5, 2014
Kingston, Ontario
The Fronts have clinched the East Division Title this weekend for the 2nd time in franchise history. The only other time was in 94-95 when they had the likes of David Ling, Frontenacs all-time leading scorer Keli Corpse and former NHL forwards Chad Kilger and Brett Lindros.

The team is certainly playing well this year, especially as of late and are now a part of the BMO CHL Top 10 Rankings for the second time this season. The city craves a winner and it's showing in the increased attendance this year with the more successful team. Hopefully the Fronts can achieve some playoff success and break that dubious playoff record.

Start the hype train!

Duke Guy

Sep 10, 2013
Garlando: That 94-95 Fronts team was pretty stacked but lost Lindros half way through the season when the NHL strike ended. He reported to the Islanders but the Fronts never skipped a beat in the regular season.

In those days, some OHL teams received a bye and the Fronts were one of them. They rested while the old North Bay team and the Bellville Bulls played a very physical 6 game series with the Bulls coming out on top.

So the tired Bulls, 20 points back in the regular season, took on the well rested Fronts and....well, the Fronts lost....again.

Fronts fans have told me there is some kind of playoff curse going on but I'm going to predict they win a round this year.

Rusty Shackleford

Leafs Nation
Jul 14, 2005
Ottawa, Ontario
Fronts peppering the Wolves with 40 shots through 40 minutes of play, 4-1 lead.

This had "trap game" written all over it, and the Fronts stayed hungry. McFarland is the best coach to come through Kingston in a while.

Wish the playoffs started now, because this team is firing on all cylinders.

Garlando

May 5, 2014
Kingston, Ontario
3 games this weekend, 3 wins this weekend! Very impressive road trip so far and one more game to go one Wednesday against Oshawa.

This team feels different than other Fronts teams from the past, they have Star power in the form of Watson and Dal Colle, they have depth up front as McFarland rolls lines with confidence, A top PK unit led by Crouse and Lammikko, they have stability and experience on the back-end with McKeown and Desroches, the rest of the D is solid and play the system effectively, they have 2 good goalies capable of stealing games, and they play an effective team game focused on defense and wear opponents down.

Excited for the playoffs to start!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad