Kingston Frontenacs 2015-16 Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Macker88

Jul 15, 2014
Toronto, Ontario
I like this deal for the Fronts, really shores up their defense core. I'm curious who comes out of the line up now as Chernyuk and Paquette have been playing well , while Brahaney has already been in and out of the lineup. None the less it gives the Frontenacs some really good pieces to potentially move to upgrade the roster even further.

Last edited:

Duke Guy

Sep 10, 2013
Jacob Drobczyk has been assigned to the Toronto Patriots of the OJHL and scored a goal in his first game last night.

Duke Guy

Sep 10, 2013
So, you're saying the former Frontenac will be playing for former Frontenac coach Jim Hulton?

Satan

MIGHTY
Apr 13, 2010
Lapland
Leading the Eastern Conference with a record of 12-6-1-1. I didn't think the Fronts would be strong this year, but the addition of Foegele and Desrocher show that management think they have a chance. Really good to see.

Duke44

Aug 23, 2011
King City, Canada
The Fronts are making a run for it this year. PM really wants to win and has his players motivated. More will come from Rookies Robertson and Burt.

swscout64

Apr 16, 2015
The Fronts are making a run for it this year. PM really wants to win and has his players motivated. More will come from Rookies Robertson and Burt.

PM really wants to win but will kill the dynamics of the team right after Christmas, and players will want out. The morale of the whole team is important and PM does not get that, so we will see if Kingston can stay on top.

Lycanthrope

Dec 3, 2011
Hello Fronts fans. I have a question about attendance. I was watching the game against the 67's last night and the rink looked pretty empty. Just wondering what gives since the team is winning this year.

MisterDB

Apr 5, 2012
The centre ice area you mostly see (excluding the ends) on TV is the Club Sec. A lot of these seats are owned by businesses and are often empty. Every OHL team reports attendance as tickets sold so even if the ticket isn't used is is still classed as someone attending.

There is a bit of a conflict as to how many can fit into the arena, some say 5300 while the official OHL Media guide states 5614.

I'll use the 5614

2013/2014 Avg 3795 or 68% of capacity
2014/2015 Avg 3962 or 71% of capacity
2015/2016 Avg 4157 or 74% of capacity (9 games)

Not too shabby for any OHL team other than the big market ones.

zaluty

May 30, 2007
Kingston
Congrats to Lawson Crouse, Spencer Watson and Roland McKeown on their invite to the Canadian World Juniord camp.

Dogsgottabite

Oct 9, 2015
Kingston Making a serious run this year?

Good morning Fronts fans. If Kingston are making a serious run this year, do you think they would consider trading Burt after the deadline for a solid OA forward such as Harper?

Petes

Jun 23, 2014
Good morning Fronts fans. If Kingston are making a serious run this year, do you think they would consider trading Burt after the deadline for a solid OA forward such as Harper?

Not a fronts fan, but... Trading a sixteen year old for an OA would never happen.

from1981

Jan 7, 2015
With only two more games head to head this season, and the pot sweetened with draft picks, it's possible a deal could be made for Harper.
Nice to see the success the Fonts are having this season, and that's from an ancient Bulls fans who fondly remembers the rivalry (and the longest game in OHL history). :handclap:
I've got the 18th circled on my calendar, might be my only OHL game this season.
Don't be surprised to see a couple of fans wearing Bulls jerseys and cheering for the Fronts.:nopity:

Patch22

Nov 4, 2009
Canada
Don't follow the Fronts closely (mostly due to lack of time to devote to more than one team), but the arena was half empty tonight against Hamilton. Peressini looked especially bad and was pulled early in the 2nd. The Fronts had good pressure for the most part, but every chance for Hamilton looked dangerous.

OSA

Jun 11, 2011
Almost every arena in the OHL other than Kitchener and London will look half empty from time to time.

Hamilton seems to give the Fronts all kinds of problems this year. It's very similar to the Fronts/Oshawa games from last year.

Satan

MIGHTY
Apr 13, 2010
Lapland
The Kingston Frontenacs have acquired forward Michael Dal Colle from the Oshawa Generals for rookie forward Robbie Burt, a 2nd round selection in 2017 (from Flint), their 3rd round selection in 2018, their 2nd round selection in 2019, and their 3rd round selection in 2022 of the OHL Priority Selection.

JSavoire

May 28, 2011
The Kingston Frontenacs have acquired forward Michael Dal Colle from the Oshawa Generals for rookie forward Robbie Burt, a 2nd round selection in 2017 (from Flint), their 3rd round selection in 2018, their 2nd round selection in 2019, and their 3rd round selection in 2022 of the OHL Priority Selection.

MDC already on the scoreboard for Kingston. I'm going to suggest that this was a very good pickup for Kingston!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad