Kingston Frontenacs 2015-16 Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

three dog night

May 3, 2014
Tough loss for Kingston battle back to tie the game but Ned was strong in overtime might be tough in Niagara but one never knows.

Truthking

Mar 27, 2016
Not often you can say there was great goaltending in a 6-5 game, but there were some unreal stops tonight

from1981

Jan 7, 2015
Oh, Oh !
I really think the Fronts are the better team, but if they can't get past the "win one playoff round" mentality, it could be trouble. Both games could have easily gone the other way, but the devil's in the details.

BobbyStokers9713

Mar 23, 2016
Rookie move not starting the reigning goalie of the year overager for an inexperience goalie. Costs them this game and now you go back to peressini with less confidence.

Mitts Marner*

Rookie move not starting the reigning goalie of the year overager for an inexperience goalie. Costs them this game and now you go back to peressini with less confidence.

Funny thing is, had Helvig played 63 more minutes, he would have been a real possibility for OHL goaltender of the year THIS year.

So what do you do? The rookie move would have been to NOT start the hotter goalie who got you to this point.

three dog night

May 3, 2014
A tough loss again for Kingston they out played the Dogs in the first and parts of the third . Perrassini kept them in the game when the Ice Dogs took a 2 to 1 lead no chance on the over time winner met some nice people from Kingston before the game have a safe trip home.

bobber

Jan 21, 2013
Kitchener Ontario
Gilmore is feeling his neck right now. What happened to Kingston. Thought they would come out of the east and be a tough opponent for the winner of the west.

BobbyStokers9713

Mar 23, 2016
Funny thing is, had Helvig played 63 more minutes, he would have been a real possibility for OHL goaltender of the year THIS year.

So what do you do? The rookie move would have been to NOT start the hotter goalie who got you to this point.

Today's game was a perfect example why you start an experienced goaltender. Game could have been 7-2 on perlini's breakaways alone Nevermind maletta getting in for one as well. Kept you in this game. Where are the big guns? Foegele Watson and Crouse have been invisible. Dal Colle can't win games on his own. This series is over. Back to the drawing board for dougie and staff.

kellmuff96

Sep 13, 2010
what a miserable season for the Fronts. Needed to get to at least the finals for this season to be a success. Gave up a lot for this playoff run too

Torts

Aug 21, 2009
Ontario
FWIW, Niagara is no slouch. Just look at their blueline - almost everyone is NHL drafted. Kingston had a great regular season and will have to dig deep to climb back. It ain't over yet!

jh477

Jan 21, 2009
Crazy atmosphere for game 3. What an exciting match. It's not over until it's over, but damn 3-0.

knowescape

Made you look
Jan 26, 2016
Ontario
FWIW, Niagara is no slouch. Just look at their blueline - almost everyone is NHL drafted. Kingston had a great regular season and will have to dig deep to climb back. It ain't over yet!

Niagara has been under-performing all season. This was a team that was touted as "taking it all" at the start of the year, but didn't really find their stride. What we are seeing now is what we should have seen all the way through. I think most of us who are honest with ourselves are surprised at this point it materialized at all but aren't confident enough to trust it just yet.

Kingston had a tremendous regular season and features a large number of exceptionally strong players we will be cheering for years in the NHL. Teams ebb and peak at different times through the year and unfortunate for the Frontenacs is that their brief decline seems to have coincided with the IceDogs sudden surge. I admit neither team is playing the way they did in the regular season, but then isn't that what the playoffs are all about?

three dog night

May 3, 2014
It will interesting how Kingston plays tom come out flying or mail it in . If the Ice Dogs weather the storm early and score first I think it might be over.

MisterDB

Apr 5, 2012
And THIS is why I didn't get too cocky, I wonder who will be the scapegoat this time around. A very disappointing end to the season to say the least.

three dog night

May 3, 2014
Kingston played well but Ned was hot the Ice Dogs made Kingston play a 200 foot game. Congrats on your season.

knowescape

Made you look
Jan 26, 2016
Ontario
I completely enjoyed the play of Watson, Crouse, DalColle, Peressini and Helvig. I felt they each dominated when they were on the ice and they were extremely strong opponents. An honorable mention goes out to former IceDog Cody Caron who applied his usual brand of grit and was a thorough pain in the arse every second he played - he had a unique way of getting people riled up and was fun to watch.

The Prophet

Apr 6, 2016
So will any one loose their job over another playoff gone bad ??
Fronts loaded up for the playoffs, and failed, and next year is a complete rebuild, hope the fans understand.

SH15

May 11, 2012
Toronto, ON
What a shame for a team with such promise. Tough to see them go out in 4.

Wonder what will happen with Desrocher. I think he'll be a prime candidate for an O/A season. The Leafs have stocked the cupboards with prospects, though admittedly less on the back end. I'm not sure he'll make a deep Marlies squad and an O/A season in the OHL with possibly being traded to a contender for a run seems better than going to the ECHL.

If he's back in the O the Gens get a 2nd in '21 and a 3rd in '19 and the trade becomes that much steeper! Interesting case.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad