Kingston Frontenacs 2015-16 Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

MisterDB

Apr 5, 2012
Training camp opens today, first scrimmage is already underway as I post this.

Tomorrow

Wednesday, September 2

8:00 to 8:45 am - Goalie practice

9:00 to 9:45 am - Team practice

10:00 to 11:30 am - Scrimmage

4:00 to 4:45 pm - Team practice

5:00 to 6:45 pm - Scrimmage

Thursday, September 3

8:00 to 8:45 am - Team practice

9:00 to 10:30 am - Scrimmage

Also season tickets may be picked up at the Frontenacs Originals Store in the RKRC

phaedrusDH

Jul 6, 2009
it's very disappointing how little coverage the team is getting this year. i have hardly heard anything about camp, except for scrimmage scores from the Fronts official Twitter feed.

GoKnightsGo44

Aug 31, 2006
I live in Ktown... yet i hear more news about my knights here than I do the Fronts its sad. I wish there was more support but thats up to the franchise to build that excitement. When I lived in Edmonton the oil kings were a joke until ownership changed an hired NHL caliber coaches.. three years later they go to two memorial cups and win it all. Kingston needs some serious direction and it starts with building a better team through free agent signings from upper New York. There is no reason not to see a ton of US hockey if your scouting for Kingston.

BigBuck

Jan 26, 2012
Does anyone know why the team has only two pre-season games scheduled? Some teams played tonight, and the Fronts don't play for two more weeks?

This is from is an article in the Whig...

More and more older players, too, are either going to National Hockey League camps as draft picks or as a free-agent invite.

The Frontenacs will have six veterans who will be away at pro camps. The NHL rookie camps start after Labour Day.

Rather than guess when any of those players might return for exhibition play, the Frontenacs opted to schedule their only home exhibition game on Sept. 19, six days before their league opener.

http://www.thewhig.com/2015/09/01/fronts-playing-fewer-preseason-games

Jeffy3535

Feb 18, 2015
Hey Fronts fans, I'm coming from Kitchener for the game on November 7th. Wondering about any suggestions for a hotel to stay that's walking distance to the rink. Decently priced would be nice of course too. Thanks in advance:)

Naz

Nov 25, 2008
Everywhere
Hey Fronts fans, I'm coming from Kitchener for the game on November 7th. Wondering about any suggestions for a hotel to stay that's walking distance to the rink. Decently priced would be nice of course too. Thanks in advance:)

Not from Kingston but when I go I stay @ the Holiday Inn downtown don't know what the street called but it definitely a short walk to the arena.

GoKnightsGo44

Aug 31, 2006
All the hotels downtown are in walking distance as the core is compact. You will enjoy your stay as there are great restaurants bars and shops.

swscout64

Apr 16, 2015
Duke Guy - short answer no.

Many other players besides Gilmour not returning..

Key losses are POLESELLO, SCHUTT, PAWLEY, BENNETT, MCENENY, GRAVES, PARIKKA, LAMMIKKO.

9 PLAYERS from last season not returning.

Looks like Kingston lost a lot of players who can score and create offence out on the ice. Hopefully the new additions will be able to score goals... It will be an interesting season for sure.

Hockeydogs

Sep 8, 2015
Many other players besides Gilmour not returning..

Key losses are POLESELLO, SCHUTT, PAWLEY, BENNETT, MCENENY, GRAVES, PARIKKA, LAMMIKKO.

9 PLAYERS from last season not returning.

Looks like Kingston lost a lot of players who can score and create offence out on the ice. Hopefully the new additions will be able to score goals... It will be an interesting season for sure.

Think it might be a long year!!!

beastintheeast

Mar 27, 2013
Think it might be a long year!!!

This could actually be a GREAT YEAR for the Frontenacs.

The fact that there are no real stars on the team and it is fairly young will give the organization a chance to actually build a team that has to depend on each other and work as a team. There is no top line that is going to save the day every game.

This is a team with young D young forwards and a couple of young goalies if they are smart and trade Persini.

This team can in a lot of ways build the same as Ottawa did if they can have the right coach and Gil/ley keep their fingers out of things

Duke Guy

Sep 10, 2013
The Fronts currently have 5 D-men that are 19 years of age or older. This may change by opening night but I think their plan is to have these guys play in front of an over-age goalie and hope their young forwards can generate enough offense.

swscout64

Apr 16, 2015
This could actually be a GREAT YEAR for the Frontenacs.

The fact that there are no real stars on the team and it is fairly young will give the organization a chance to actually build a team that has to depend on each other and work as a team. There is no top line that is going to save the day every game.

This is a team with young D young forwards and a couple of young goalies if they are smart and trade Persini.

This team can in a lot of ways build the same as Ottawa did if they can have the right coach and Gil/ley keep their fingers out of things

Crouse and Watson are the super stars of the team. They need some good offensive players on their line. Who will they be? Lots of frustration will set in when they can't find the back of the net. They don't have a coach like Ottawa has, so this could spell disaster.

beastintheeast

Mar 27, 2013
Crouse and Watson are the super stars of the team. They need some good offensive players on their line. Who will they be? Lots of frustration will set in when they can't find the back of the net. They don't have a coach like Ottawa has, so this could spell disaster.

Crouse will not be back in a Fronts jersey long enough if at all to make a difference. He will get the mandatory number of NHL games minimum, probably stay a little longer, do his penalty and then go to the World Junior team and get traded.

Watson while he can score goals needs to have a Bennett or someone like that to set things up.

He can not be counted onto carry a team. I would also add that if you think Watson is a Superstar then your usage is a lot lower than mine. no offense.

Again I will state that this is a team that can if the GM leaves it alone be one of teh best Fronts teams in a long time. There is no supreme go to line that can be counted on.

There are a lot of good players that if given the training and ability can form a good nucleus for the next few years.

As for coaching it is hard to say. I think a year with Gimour not making any stupid trades will show us what this guy has.

Petes1987

Oct 13, 2013
Lawson Crouse will serve his eight game suspension during the Kingston Frontenacs first eight games, whether or not he has been returned to Kingston. Last year Nick Ritchie was accessed a one game suspension and served it the first game of the season and he was will at the Ducks training camp for the first game.

Crouse will not be back in a Fronts jersey long enough if at all to make a difference. He will get the mandatory number of NHL games minimum, probably stay a little longer, do his penalty and then go to the World Junior team and get traded.

Watson while he can score goals needs to have a Bennett or someone like that to set things up.

He can not be counted onto carry a team. I would also add that if you think Watson is a Superstar then your usage is a lot lower than mine. no offense.

Again I will state that this is a team that can if the GM leaves it alone be one of teh best Fronts teams in a long time. There is no supreme go to line that can be counted on.

There are a lot of good players that if given the training and ability can form a good nucleus for the next few years.

As for coaching it is hard to say. I think a year with Gimour not making any stupid trades will show us what this guy has.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad