Kingston Frontenacs 2015-16 Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Duke Guy

Sep 10, 2013
March 26, 1998.....the date of the last time the Fronts clinched a playoff series. Some of their current players weren't even born.

digiblader

Nov 6, 2015
And on April 1, 2016, the curse has been broken. Fronts win their first playoff series in 18 years with a huge win vs. the Gennies. Congrats to Kingston! Next up will depend how other series finish--Niagara is also in the next round, after they finished off the 67s.

from1981

Jan 7, 2015
Way to go Fronts !
Congrats to the long suffering Kingston fans, from your long time rivals in Belleville.
Hope the run this season is a long one.

AAO Dad

Mar 26, 2016
Wow, that was a long wait. That is a King Kong sized monkey off this teams back. Can't wait for round 2.

Rusty Shackleford

Leafs Nation
Jul 14, 2005
Ottawa, Ontario
Holy ****... The Frontenacs won a series..

My dad was in the military, when I moved here in the early 2000's their stars were Mike Zigomanis, followed by Anthony Stewart.. We moved away, they won nothing during the time gone. We come back, and finally years later, they win a series.

What a night. The monkey is off the back.

Nerf27

Oct 15, 2012
From a long time Gens fan. Congrats Fronts. From the beginning of playoffs you are the team I hope would represent the east. Never thought the Gens would win a game but thanks for coming to the GMC and being respectful fans cheering hard for your team. My cheer for the east this year. Glad to get our young guys some great experience. Wish nothing but the best for DalColle and Desrosher. Go get it Kingston. Fan here

Last edited:

Duke Guy

Sep 10, 2013
When the Fronts won their previous playoff series 18 years ago at the Memorial Centre they had 3,379 at the game. Last night at the K-Rock they had 3,810.

I wonder how many can claim they were at both games?

Duke Guy

Sep 10, 2013
After winning their 1st round in 1998 they lost the 2nd round to London in 5 games.

Truthking

Mar 27, 2016
When the Fronts won their previous playoff series 18 years ago at the Memorial Centre they had 3,379 at the game. Last night at the K-Rock they had 3,810.

I wonder how many can claim they were at both games?

I'm pretty sure I was at both games, it was a long time ago so it's kindve fuzzy.
I do remember the next series against London for sure. The great Rico fata and mix spiridonov

sakic 19

Jan 3, 2013
Very interesting the last time kingston won a playoff round, they beat the Oshawa Generals 4 games to 3, who were the defending OHL Champions.

MisterDB

Apr 5, 2012
Duke Guy, I was around for both, hell I was around when a rotary dial phone was state of the art technology. i was around for he original Frontenacs debuted in the EPHL in 1959.

The Memorial Centre was electrically charge by the fans, you could feel it in your bones, wall pounding, standing room board pound, fans voices, all manual sounds not by what is produced in the sterile new arenas of amplified sound of today. The M-Centre at 3379 was at 100% legal capacity and was probably more than that in there compared to the 72% capacity at the RKRC.

Truthking

Mar 27, 2016
I know kingston hasn't seen the 2nd rd lately, but how much of a price increase are we looking at?

MisterDB

Apr 5, 2012
No increases for season ticket holders that have renewed and did the pre-purchase option for the playoffs (you get all the tickets for every round but only pay for the ones you use, a very nice option).

I do know they increase for those that do not have the above option. I did a quick ticket check from the Fronts site and the cost for an adult was $33.10 at ticketmaster. I am pretty sure this includes the online extra fees, it is probably cheaper on a walk up basis.

SH15

May 11, 2012
Toronto, ON
Dal Colle with 14pts in the series. Had none in Game 1, so has 14pts in his last 4 games :amazed:

Not a bad pick up...Lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad