Rumor: Kevin Hayes not signing with Hawks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hawkaholic

Dec 19, 2006
London, Ont.
I don't know why I have to spell this out but I guess I do.
Q was fired by St.Louis and hired by Colorado. After being dumped in St. Louis there were many inquires and Colorado picked him up.
After being dumped in Colorado there wasn't ONE team that was interested in him except Chicago. IF YOU can find me one link stating otherwise please share. You won't find one since there isn't.

I don't really care, just shows that a lot of teams pass up on great coaches frequently.

hawksrule

Lot of brains but no polish
May 18, 2014
I don't really care, just shows that a lot of teams pass up on great coaches frequently.

I find Q neither great nor terrible, but what examples can you give of teams frequently passing up on great coaches?

No Fun Shogun

34-38-61-10-13-15
May 1, 2011
Illinois
Fairly common for coaches to take some time off, whether or not they wanted to, after getting canned. Just because nobody was immediately interested in hiring Q after his time in Colorado doesn't mean nobody was interested, period. There's always uncertainty that your last gig could've very well been your last gig, though.

Plus, call me crazy, but seems pretty obvious that management wanted to promote Q to head coach the second they hired him as a scout, and were just waiting for an opportune time to get rid of Savard to to do so, despite what may be officially said on the subject. Had that not been the case, I would've more expected him to go after an assistant coaching gig, an AHL head coaching position, or just sited on the outside looking in waiting for a phone call.

Kurtosis

GHG
May 26, 2010
The Village Within the City
Fairly common for coaches to take some time off, whether or not they wanted to, after getting canned. Just because nobody was immediately interested in hiring Q after his time in Colorado doesn't mean nobody was interested, period. There's always uncertainty that your last gig could've very well been your last gig, though.

Plus, call me crazy, but seems pretty obvious that management wanted to promote Q to head coach the second they hired him as a scout, and were just waiting for an opportune time to get rid of Savard to to do so, despite what may be officially said on the subject.

I think this is commonly accepted reasoning behind what went down.

x Tame Impala

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2011
I don't know what that website is but I hope it has nothing to do with the Blackhawks officially.

That article is the same as an insecure boyfriend desperately trying to latch on to a girlfriend he's afraid of losing. Pa-thet-ic

unbridledid

Jun 8, 2011
So if Hayes doesn't sign it ends up being to Winnipeg: Buff and Ladd and the Hawks get Clendening, Morin, and a 2nd..... ouch....

Hawkaholic

Dec 19, 2006
London, Ont.
So if Hayes doesn't sign it ends up being to Winnipeg: Buff and Ladd and the Hawks get Clendening, Morin, and a 2nd..... ouch....

Yeah, not that great...but..

You are forgetting there was a couple of cap dumps in the trade from our end (Eager, Sopel), and Buff and Ladd weren't then, what they are now.

BobbyJet

I am Canadian
Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can
Yeah, not that great...but..

You are forgetting there was a couple of cap dumps in the trade from our end (Eager, Sopel), and Buff and Ladd weren't then, what they are now.

Buff, though he has his good moments, is still overrated, however it was obvious to me that Ladd was destined to be the player he is now. It was a poor decision by Stan to let Ladd go but he did have some tough choices and almost got it right. Let's hope he handles this latest cap crunch a little better. IE. don't trade Leddy.

ChiGuySez

Cody Parkey GOAT
Oct 4, 2006
Byfuglien got into Luongos head. The one person Luongo didnt want in front of him. Amazing how much criticism Buff got for only showing up in the playoffs compared to Bickell.

Hawkaholic

Dec 19, 2006
London, Ont.
Buff, though he has his good moments, is still overrated, however it was obvious to me that Ladd was destined to be the player he is now. It was a poor decision by Stan to let Ladd go but he did have some tough choices and almost got it right. Let's hope he handles this latest cap crunch a little better. IE. don't trade Leddy.

If memory serves me right, I don't believe we had much of a choice with Ladd. It was either him or Hammer gone.

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland

So keep Ladd and get rid of who?

Hammer
Seabrook
Sharp
Bolland (At time Bolland was a lot more important and was one of the stars of 2010 run)

In hindsight trading Bolland would have been better option but then who knows if we win in 2013 (Bolland was worthless but had a few good moments in playoffs especially of course game 6)

Hawkaholic

Dec 19, 2006
London, Ont.
So keep Ladd and get rid of who?

Hammer
Seabrook
Sharp
Bolland (At time Bolland was a lot more important and was one of the stars of 2010 run)

In hindsight trading Bolland would have been better option but then who knows if we win in 2013 (Bolland was worthless but had a few good moments in playoffs especially of course game 6)

Yeah, everyone can be an expert now and say "Bolland, AINEC!!" ..but at the time he was pretty close to being one of the major reasons we won that year. Shutting down the Sedins, and Thornton and he had 16pts in 22GP playing against the best every night.

Meanwhile, Ladd had 6pts in 19GP and we didn't even really need him to get by Philly to win it all.

DontToewzMeBro

May 8, 2010
The Blackhawks will be compensated with the No. 24 overall pick in the second round of the 2015 NHL draft if Hayes becomes a free agent.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad