Games you are currently playing - Part 7

Sep 19, 2008
I heard about that Fallout 4 update that killed save games and limited mods. I was surprised that many people said the original unmodded Fallout 4 was that bad, but I have not played it before.

I noticed Like a Dragon Ishin was on sale for 20 dollars on steam so I caved and purchased. The other game with Ichiban is on sale too but that one is 40 dollars and I'm not willing to spend that much yet. That said if you ever do splurge on games you can't go wrong with Ryu studio

Turin

Feb 27, 2018
The Fallout 4 revisionism I've been seeing on social media lately is pretty funny. Gotta wonder if Starfield will receive the same treatment once ES6 is out.
I think it got a little too much shit from the hardcores in that I found my first playthrough to be a ton of fun. The problem is the places where they drop the ball really hurt relatability. That said, I'm playing it on my Steam Deck 8 years later and having a decent time.

But hey, maybe in comparison to Starfield people are seeing it a grander light. The world does feel a lot more fleshed out being an established and popular IP.

Andrei79

Jan 25, 2013
I heard about that Fallout 4 update that killed save games and limited mods. I was surprised that many people said the original unmodded Fallout 4 was that bad, but I have not played it before.

I noticed Like a Dragon Ishin was on sale for 20 dollars on steam so I caved and purchased. The other game with Ichiban is on sale too but that one is 40 dollars and I'm not willing to spend that much yet. That said if you ever do splurge on games you can't go wrong with Ryu studio

It really wasn't that bad. I thought fallout 3 was bad, but I had a lot of fun exploring 4. Ive started replaying just to explore the map and make bases. Hopefully, they fix the modding issues though Im not holding my breath.

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
It really wasn't that bad. I thought fallout 3 was bad, but I had a lot of fun exploring 4. Ive started replaying just to explore the map and make bases. Hopefully, they fix the modding issues though Im not holding my breath.
I can see where the complaints come from. There's less player agency in conversations as Fallout 4 was made to play out more like The Witcher 3 with animated and fully voiced character lines and Fallout 4's story is objectively not that strong overall. But it's not that bad either.

I think where it counts, Fallout 4 has a better designed open world and action/adventure/survival gameplay than its predecessors. And after giving it a fairer shake, I'd say Fallout 76 is a bigger improvement in that regard, at least in its current state.

But people saying Fallout 4 is *bad* are just being contrarians who preferred the storytelling and role playing of the older games. But just because those elements were diluted in 4, that doesn't mean it's a bad game overall.

Turin

Feb 27, 2018
I’m having a shocking amount of fun playing unmodded Fallout 4. Maybe I just feel nostalgia for 2015 or something

Ad

Upcoming events

• Czechia vs Switzerland
    Czechia vs Switzerland
    Wagers: 6
    Staked: $1,214.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Sweden vs Germany
    Sweden vs Germany
    Wagers: 1
    Staked: $325.00