Rumor: Kevin Hayes not signing with Hawks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hawkaholic

Dec 19, 2006
London, Ont.
Most teams yes. Most Stanley Cup Contenders...........NOT A CHANCE! That's why he was available in the first place ...........
Pittsburgh? Im sure they would, most cup contenders aren't interested in changing their coach because what they have is working well. Like Chicago/Q.

Hawknut 1

Jul 26, 2014
Pittsburgh? Im sure they would, most cup contenders aren't interested in changing their coach because what they have is working well. Like Chicago/Q.

Maybe you forget why he was let go by St. Louis and Colorado???????

Wanna guess how many teams inquired about Q after that? ONE!

BobbyJet

watch the game, everything else is noise
Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can
Most teams yes. Most Stanley Cup Contenders...........NOT A CHANCE! That's why he was available in the first place ...........

You're exactly right but be ready for the Q worshippers to have their say, and some with the usual personal attacks.

and BTW... welcome to the Hawks board.

Hawknut 1

Jul 26, 2014
I think that's assuming Bolland would have been healthy enough to play. I missed Frolik too.

Frolik was in Q's doghouse from the beginning. Frolik was better than Skille but had to leave since he was also overpaid by Bowman and didn't claim to be a 2nd line center.

Bowman's revolving door of 2nd line centers the last 3 seasons include Morrison, Zues and now Richards. If Frolik was a center he would still be with the team since Frolik is way better than ANY of those 3. I wonder who is next? Scott Gomez?

Kurtosis

GHG
May 26, 2010
The Village Within the City
Frolik was in Q's doghouse from the beginning. Frolik was better than Skille but had to leave since he was also overpaid by Bowman and didn't claim to be a 2nd line center.

Bowman's revolving door of 2nd line centers the last 3 seasons include Morrison, Zues and now Richards. If Frolik was a center he would still be with the team since Frolik is way better than ANY of those 3. I wonder who is next? Scott Gomez?

Yes, Scott Gomez is next. It's the only logical solution.

BobbyJet

watch the game, everything else is noise
Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can
I think that Hawks management have a youth movement in mind this year and next. There is little other choice these days ..... and is one of the reasons they recruited Dineen. Rookies need patience from the coaching staff - we'll see how Q handles it.

Hawknut 1

Jul 26, 2014
I think that Hawks management have a youth movement in mind this year and next. There is little other choice these days ..... and is one of the reasons they recruited Dineen. Rookies need patience from the coaching staff - we'll see how Q handles it.

Yes, Rookies do need patience and Q isn't patient. He put Zeus in critical playoff situations and benched players in the playoffs, Not to mention all the questionable line combinations that cost the Hawks a Cup final. Horrible!

Nothingman*

Yes, Rookies do need patience and Q isn't patient. He put Zeus in critical playoff situations and benched players in the playoffs, Not to mention all the questionable line combinations that cost the Hawks a Cup final. Horrible!

Saad, Kruger, Smith, Leddy say hello. Q has certain expectations regarding D responsibility that he seems unwilling to relent on. If the prospect shows these qualities he seems to let them have at it. It is up to the player more so than Q. They know the expectations.

LarmerSavardSecord

Jun 12, 2010
Wicker Park
It's also funny that Q was fired time after time for under performing with other clubs.
The ONLY reason Q lasted is that he close with MCD.
Think most coaches would have had a hard time winning the Cup with the line up the Hawks had recently season in and season out? Of course not.
Let's not forget these fine assistants that Q put into place that NOBODY wanted but him.
The Hawks would have been in the Cup Finals at least 2 more times with ANY TOP CALIBUR NHL coach.
Q is so good that B.Smith (Bowman's right hand) was asked to help him a few seasons back. Sounds like a top notch coach to me. LOL

To even think Q with his night in and night out multiple line changes that nobody understands but him is a Top Notch coach is laughable.

This comment seems more at home at Hockeybuzz or FoxNation's sports section.

x Tame Impala

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2011
Calls Quenville a top caliber coach and NOT a too caliber coach in the same post lol

Fire Q!

Hawkaholic

Dec 19, 2006
London, Ont.
Maybe you forget why he was let go by St. Louis and Colorado???????

Wanna guess how many teams inquired about Q after that? ONE!
Coaches have shelf lifes, every single one of them. How do you know only one team contacted Q, you have close sources? Some of the best coaches today were dumped by another team or passed over at some point.

Sarava

May 9, 2010
West Dundee, IL
Coaches have shelf lifes, every single one of them. How do you know only one team contacted Q, you have close sources? Some of the best coaches today were dumped by another team or passed over at some point.

Not defending anything Hawknut said. But coach Q did say when he was hired he had nothing and was worried if he would get another job in the NHL anytime soon. I remember the interview.

OhCaptainMyCaptain

May 5, 2014
Earth
So if this goes far enough, do we get a Kevin Hayes Part II thread? Man I can't believe it's made it this far, still think he's a jackass.

Hawknut 1

Jul 26, 2014
Not defending anything Hawknut said. But coach Q did say when he was hired he had nothing and was worried if he would get another job in the NHL anytime soon. I remember the interview.

Good memory. I forgot to mention that. Thank you!

Hawknut 1

Jul 26, 2014

I don't know why I have to spell this out but I guess I do.
Q was fired by St.Louis and hired by Colorado. After being dumped in St. Louis there were many inquires and Colorado picked him up.
After being dumped in Colorado there wasn't ONE team that was interested in him except Chicago. IF YOU can find me one link stating otherwise please share. You won't find one since there isn't.

Last edited by a moderator:

TheOriginalTudor

Jul 23, 2014
I don't know why I have to spell this out but I guess I do.
Q was fired by St.Louis and hired by Colorado. After being dumped in St. Louis there were many inquires and Colorado picked him up.
After being dumped in Colorado there wasn't ONE team that was interested in him except Chicago. IF YOU can find me one link stating otherwise please share. You won't find one since there isn't.
IF you followed hockey you would know this is not insider information,

It depends on your definition of interested. If being interested means getting the job, then you're right, no one was interested. But him not getting the job, which would make him think he was sitting the year out since there is no guarantee for a midseason firing, does not mean that no one would touch him with a ten foot pole. He easily could have gotten interviews with teams but had a case where they liked whoever they hired more for their team. Simply being interested in someone and eventually choosing them out of a field of applicants is not one in the same, so several teams could have been interested and simply found out they liked their guy better. We know he didn't get a job that summer, but we don't know that everyone immediately brushed him off. He easily could have gotten a long look before the team decided they wanted to go a different direction.

Also, on the point cup contenders wouldn't want him, most cup contenders don't fire their coach the season before unless they win due to some miraculous event/ offseason move, the team extremely underperformed the year prior, or everyone despised the coach, so before the season started/ during those first four games I doubt a team like Pittsburgh that year or LA in 2012 thought they'd fire their coach midseason.

Last edited:

LarmerSavardSecord

Jun 12, 2010
Wicker Park
I'll try to get it posted there for your viewing pleasure.

Go ahead, your prose will work well there, especially the constant capitalization for emphasis.

Pro-tip: writers use stronger words for emphasis, not "caps". If you need to double down like that, you're probably throwing a fit.

And that's all I see from your gibberish, fits of bitterness. Bad coach and bad GM during the golden era of Hawks hockey? OK buddy. Some people will never be happy.

ChiGuySez

Cody Parkey GOAT
Oct 4, 2006
Perhaps someone could make a new thread, Fire Joel Quenneville part III. Welcome back Hawknut.

As far as Hayes goes, if he doesnt sign, hes a turd.

Hawknut 1

Jul 26, 2014
It depends on your definition of interested. If being interested means getting the job, then you're right, no one was interested. But him not getting the job, which would make him think he was sitting the year out since there is no guarantee for a midseason firing, does not mean that no one would touch him with a ten foot pole. He easily could have gotten interviews with teams but had a case where they liked whoever they hired more for their team. Simply being interested in someone and eventually choosing them out of a field of applicants is not one in the same, so several teams could have been interested and simply found out they liked their guy better. We know he didn't get a job that summer, but we don't know that everyone immediately brushed him off. He easily could have gotten a long look before the team decided they wanted to go a different direction.

Also, on the point cup contenders wouldn't want him, most cup contenders don't fire their coach the season before unless they win due to some miraculous event/ offseason move, the team extremely underperformed the year prior, or everyone despised the coach, so before the season started/ during those first four games I doubt a team like Pittsburgh that year or LA in 2012 thought they'd fire their coach midseason.

Interested means interview. No Interview no job. That's usually the way it works.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad