Rumor: Kevin Hayes not signing with Hawks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
Even now, finding every opportunity to diss Stalberg. Spare us!

I do nothing more then speak the truth

Stalberg was the disaster most expected him to be away from HOF coach and deep Hawks roster that inflated his stats

Hayes or any Pred prospect close to NHL ready could easily replace the mistake that is Stalberg in Preds lineup

It could be argued if the Preds had signed an average NHL talent to Stalberg's deal in 2013 that they would have been a playoff team last year

Stalberg at 3M AAV for 4 years was one of the worst contracts of 2013 FA

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
Preds only finished 3 pts behind Stars

Its not outlandish to argue that if a average NHL player occupied Stalberg's roster spot the team would have been 4 pts better at the least

DisgruntledHawkFan

Blackhawk Down
Jun 19, 2004
South Side
Stalberg is an average NHL player. He was playing on a team and in a system that made zero sense for him and his skillset. I said it last year at the time of the signing. You don't put up the numbers he did seeing zero PP time playing a depth role if you're not a decent hockey player.

And yes, points against Columbus do in fact count.

No Fun Shogun

34-38-61-10-13-15
May 1, 2011
Illinois
I'd point more to Rinne being out for a good chunk of the season for the reason why the Preds didn't make the playoffs, with or without Stalberg.

rick hawk

Apr 9, 2004
Its funny that guys like Rasmussen, Carey, Leblanc and van reimsdyk could have signed anywhere. They chose Chicago. I presume that they didn't need and didn't get any guarantees about how they would be used. This spoiled punk must be really special or thinks he is.

Intense Individual

Jun 27, 2014
Stalberg is an average NHL player. He was playing on a team and in a system that made zero sense for him and his skillset. I said it last year at the time of the signing. You don't put up the numbers he did seeing zero PP time playing a depth role if you're not a decent hockey player.

And yes, points against Columbus do in fact count.

Stalberg reminded me of Mike Hudson quite a bit. Has rockets in his skates and you would keep thinking that stardom is right around the corner ... the whole game just never clicked.

In all fairness Stalberg has better hands that Hudson and Hudson was much better defensively.

DontToewzMeBro

May 8, 2010
Sharp-Toews-Kane
Saad-Shaw-Hossa
Stalberg-Zus-Bickell
Smith-Kruger-Bollig/Nordstrom/Versteeg/warm body

Man if you ask me, VS a fast checking team in LA, we were a Stalberg away from the finals.

BobbyJet

watch the game, everything else is noise
Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can
Its funny that guys like Rasmussen, Carey, Leblanc and van reimsdyk could have signed anywhere. They chose Chicago. I presume that they didn't need and didn't get any guarantees about how they would be used. This spoiled punk must be really special or thinks he is.

Is that right? Perhaps it is Hawks fans overestimating our prospects? Again.

I'd love for Hayes to sign an ELC here to see what he can become, but he's playing it smart as far as I'm concerned. Put yourself in his shoes for a moment.

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
Sharp-Toews-Kane
Saad-Shaw-Hossa
Stalberg-Zus-Bickell
Smith-Kruger-Bollig/Nordstrom/Versteeg/warm body

Man if you ask me, VS a fast checking team in LA, we were a Stalberg away from the finals.

The same Stalberg that has 1 assist and was relegated to 4th line duty vs Kings in 2013 WCF?

Yeah that guy who was the worst Hawk in playoffs in 2013 surely was just what team needed vs Kings this year

Kurtosis

GHG
May 26, 2010
The Village Within the City

I'd love for Hayes to sign an ELC here to see what he can become, but he's playing it smart as far as I'm concerned. Put yourself in his shoes for a moment.

So we are overrating the prospects and he still doesn't want to sign here? It seems like you're straddling the lane.

rick hawk

Apr 9, 2004

How is that overestimating prospects? (they may yours-but they aren't mine). I just stated that those four guys were in Hayes' shoes and they acted differently. They didn't ask for or get any guarantees. They were just happy to try to earn a spot on one of the best organizations in the league. If I understand it right Hayes would rather go to a place like Calgary or Nashville as long as he can have an easier road. Bowman said much the same thing. He said something along the lines that a guy like Johns was happy to sign with the Hawks and that they aren't interested in a guy that doesn't really care to be with the team. The easy way is not always the best way in life long term.

x Tame Impala

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2011
Definitely think Bolland and Frolik were missed more than a lot of people realize these playoffs. Obviously it's all conjecture.

Hawknut 1

Jul 26, 2014
It's funny to me to see all these NHL coaches on this board that are better coaches than Q yet they're not coaching in the NHL. Must just be dumb luck that they're not in the NHL coaching.

Q is a two time Stanley Cup winning coach I'm pretty sure he knows what he's doing as for lineups. Pirri, Hayes, Kayes, they're not good enough to make the Hawks it's that simple. They can ***** and whine, but at the end of the day it's still up to them to get themselves good enough to make the team.

It's also funny that Q was fired time after time for under performing with other clubs.
The ONLY reason Q lasted is that he close with MCD.
Think most coaches would have had a hard time winning the Cup with the line up the Hawks had recently season in and season out? Of course not.
Let's not forget these fine assistants that Q put into place that NOBODY wanted but him.
The Hawks would have been in the Cup Finals at least 2 more times with ANY TOP CALIBUR NHL coach.
Q is so good that B.Smith (Bowman's right hand) was asked to help him a few seasons back. Sounds like a top notch coach to me. LOL
To even think Q with his night in and night out multiple line changes that nobody understands but him is a Top Notch coach is laughable.

Hawkaholic

Dec 19, 2006
London, Ont.
It's also funny that Q was fired time after time for under performing with other clubs.
The ONLY reason Q lasted is that he close with MCD.
Think most coaches would have had a hard time winning the Cup with the line up the Hawks had recently season in and season out? Of course not.
Let's not forget these fine assistants that Q put into place that NOBODY wanted but him.
The Hawks would have been in the Cup Finals at least 2 more times with ANY TOP CALIBUR NHL coach.
Q is so good that B.Smith (Bowman's right hand) was asked to help him a few seasons back. Sounds like a top notch coach to me. LOL
To even think Q with his night in and night out multiple line changes that nobody understands but him is a Top Notch coach is laughable.
Q is a top notch coach that would get snapped up in a minute by most teams in the league if he was fired. Most organizations know what he is and what he can do to help a team win.

Somebody questioning if he is a top coach or that say any other coaches would "easily" have 2 cups with the same team is the only person who should be laughed at.

Hawknut 1

Jul 26, 2014
Q is a top notch coach that would get snapped up in a minute by most teams in the league if he was fired. Most organizations know what he is and what he can do to help a team win.

Somebody questioning if he is a top coach or that say any other coaches would "easily" have 2 cups with the same team is the only person who should be laughed at.

Most teams yes. Most Stanley Cup Contenders...........NOT A CHANCE! That's why he was available in the first place ...........

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad