JVR-Bozak-Marner or JVR-Bozak-Brown ?

Gary Nylund

Oct 10, 2013
First I don't think he will play 5 minutes. Last year when Nylander was n the 4th lne he played equal or more minutes than when he was with Matthews.
I think Marner will be double shifted, given pp minutes and perhaps even pk minutes. All in all I don't think his toi will go down.
As for leivo's ice time, I'm personally not a fan of giving it to him at the expense of Marner. I would grudgingly do it for Brown, but even then Brown would have to be really playing bad for that to happen.

I'd do it for someone else but never mind. :)

Remember when you used to hate kadri and got mad when grabro got the boot? classic

Hmm, that does ring a bell.

Wasn't me, I liked Kadri and hated Bozak. If I was against Kadri it was short lived and a hot take. I think there was a time when there was rumor of alleged substance abuse but it went nowhere, didn't like Jake at first as well, he annoyed e when I first sw him in the press box texting or whatever. No big thing.

Hmm, OK if you say so. :laugh:

Reactions: MJ65

Gary Nylund

Oct 10, 2013
There's a few other options available as well. It seems like Babcock wants to make a change without rocking the boat though.

I don't think this will be an issue. It's a temporary thing, and when it happened to Nylander he managed to lead all forwards in ice time.

:thumbu::thumbu: :)

MJ65

Jul 12, 2009
Toronto
I don't see why this cannot be tried. Bozak and JVR joined at the hip must be separated!

You have:
Hyman-Matthews-Nylander
Marleau-Kadri-Komarov

Try for a few games:
Martin-Bozak-Marner
JVR-Moore-Brown

Let the latter two lines compete for ice time; say what you want about Martin but the guy can play defense better than Bozak/JVR

So then we have 2 lines to pick on :laugh: One with JVR and one with Bozie

PromisedLand

I need more FOOD
Dec 3, 2016
Hogwarts
By the way guys the video that I have uploaded on page 25, I thinking of posting it on Oilers forum :laugh:

:laugh:

I think they were already steamed since Todd called out "Superstars" i.e. McDavid to play on both sides of the puck before the game lol

Their defense was putrid :laugh:

MJ65

Jul 12, 2009
Toronto
:laugh:

I think they were already steamed since Todd called out "Superstars" i.e. McDavid to play on both sides of the puck before the game lol

Their defense was putrid :laugh:

I would never upload that video on Edm Forum - but what a mess, Ottawa was skating so freely and every one was just watching (last goal by Turris it was like 1 on 4)

PromisedLand

I need more FOOD
Dec 3, 2016
Hogwarts
Moreso than Marner, this should be a kick in the arse for JVR/Bozak.....guys who are supposed to be leaders on this team

leading by example is not found in the dictionaries in possession of bozak+jvr.

59e54f.jpg

Pookie

Wear a mask
Oct 23, 2013
Thread is just sad when you look at it.

Team is 4-1-0

Though it's early, it's top of the East and we are piling on 2 of our players.

I seriously think "fans" would boo Bozak and JVR if they hoisted the Cup here in a few months.

Reactions: leaffaninvancouver

Crease Master

Dec 17, 2016
Moreso than Marner, this should be a kick in the arse for JVR/Bozak.....guys who are supposed to be leaders on this team
I'm not sure I get the logic in this, Marner is the one on the 4th line. Somehow I doubt the coaches were sitting there thinking "hey, we need to punish JVR and Bozak because they suck, lets stick them with that hard working kid who doesn't belong on the 4th line! That will teach them a lesson!" If anything this supports the notion that this line's issues defensively are Marner driven more than anything else. Marner hasn't checked in for the season yet. Hopefully he gets the message.

Terrible GM

Jul 10, 2013
Maritimes
Thread is just sad when you look at it.

Team is 4-1-0

Though it's early, it's top of the East and we are piling on 2 of our players.

I seriously think "fans" would boo Bozak and JVR if they hoisted the Cup here in a few months.

Our record doesn't reflect playing the right way. It's still pretty fresh in my memory a couple years back when we had a 10 game win streak, but the team was playing rather bad, and then amounted to a bad/wasted season. I get a similar, albeit lesser vibe now. Babs will get it straightened out with in the next couple weeks.

Pookie

Wear a mask
Oct 23, 2013
Our record doesn't reflect playing the right way. It's still pretty fresh in my memory a couple years back when we had a 10 game win streak, but the team was playing rather bad, and then amounted to a bad/wasted season. I get a similar, albeit lesser vibe now. Babs will get it straightened out with in the next couple weeks.

There is no "right way" to amass points in the regular season.

Points are banked.

RLF

May 5, 2014

I thought we showed a little improvement last game. Unfortunately, we may have to lose a few so that he can really get their attention.

leaffaninvancouver

formerly in Victoria
Jan 11, 2012

There is a huge difference between then and now, our underlying number are much better, this isn't a team getting shelled surviving on Kessel and hot goaltending.

This a team getting average goaltending, great possession and lots of shot attempts. This is night and day compared to how we used to win games.

lifelonghockeyfan

Dec 18, 2015
Lake Huron
I wish the comments about the Leafs 3rd line could be a more factually based. How's this for a thought: Let's compare the Bozak line with some other 3rd lines in the league. Guess we will never see that because they would take too much effort to make such post. My other favourite is how bad the Leafs 5/6/7 Dmen. Must be that other 30 teams have all stars in those positions.

Gallagbi

Formerly Eazy_B97
Jul 5, 2005
I wish the comments about the Leafs 3rd line could be a more factually based. How's this for a thought: Let's compare the Bozak line with some other 3rd lines in the league. Guess we will never see that because they would take too much effort to make such post. My other favourite is how bad the Leafs 5/6/7 Dmen. Must be that other 30 teams have all stars in those positions.
Isn't the big issue with that 3rd line the fact they're facing other team's 3rd and 4th lines and being eaten alive?

Last edited:

Pookie

Wear a mask
Oct 23, 2013
There is a huge difference between then and now, our underlying number are much better, this isn't a team getting shelled surviving on Kessel and hot goaltending.

This a team getting average goaltending, great possession and lots of shot attempts. This is night and day compared to how we used to win games.

If underlying numbers could actually predict anything, maybe we should pay attention.

They don't.

We shouldn't.

mallory67

Jul 2, 2015
North Carolina
Which part?

The whole thing. Conspiracy theories are always SOOOOOO complex.

Why do you automatically assume they want to trade Nylander and keep Marner? What is your source for any of that?
It's total conspiracy theory. To assume they want to reduce Marner's output to lower a future contract is tin foil hat territory.

The simpler theory: How about the JVR-Bozak-Marner line was not that good, so Babs is sending around a wake up call.

Reactions: Diddy

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad