JVR-Bozak-Marner or JVR-Bozak-Brown ?

Menzinger

Kessel4LadyByng
Apr 24, 2014
St. Paul, MN
Those minutes also have to do with less penalties the past couple of games so more 5 on 5 ice time available. It may have looked closer to this the first 5 games as well if there were not so many penalties. It may be a bit misleading, but definitely they are sheltered.

Likely has something to do with it, but a 7 minute spread between their line and Kadri/Matthews lines is also pretty telling. That's a pretty sizeable gap

Reactions: The Apologist

therealkoho

Him/Leaf/fan
Jul 10, 2009
the Prior
Wtf? Bozak is suppose to make zone entry difficult by pressuring so that then the puck can be recovered by the D-man giving leafs possession

Babcock isn't even using Bozak, a "vet", in a harder match ups

If you fail to see that Babcock's system is all about pressuring the puck carrier when defending then I don't even know what to say.....

nice dog whistle :biglaugh:

RLF

May 5, 2014
i agree that is a plausible explanation but i think if you look at +/- most leafs are around even or + except for jvr-bozak-marner. reducing their ice time also means there is less chance that we are scored on. the amount of goals we have given up in the past few games has also been reduced significantly.
No doubt, there +/- is brutal and they are losing their match ups big time. I think we forget that it was Brown last two games and the line gets less ice than with Marner. Has Brown made a big difference or is Bozak/JVR in the doghouse and getting even easier minutes and their ice reduced? I think it is a bit of both.

RLF

May 5, 2014
Likely has something to do with it, but a 7 minute spread between their line and Kadri/Matthews lines is also pretty telling. That's a pretty sizeable gap

Yea, like I said to Gabe, less ice has been with Brown on the line...maybe Bozak and JVR punishment is less ice until they show they can play both sides of the puck.

ULF_55

Feb 27, 2002
Mountain Standard Ti
Visit site
I didn't watch the game, so just watched the goals but didn't see the Bozak line out there on many of the goals.
van Riemsdyk scored even strength.
2nd. and 3rd. line had the same ice time.

So do the stats reflect the game and are the highlights reflective of the play?

Not My Tempo

Feb 22, 2015
Toronto
I didn't watch the game, so just watched the goals but didn't see the Bozak line out there on many of the goals.
van Riemsdyk scored even strength.
2nd. and 3rd. line had the same ice time.

To be honest, I thought aside from the goal, JVR and Bozak were invisible last night. I don’t remember them generating much offence but I also don’t remember any time they were hemmed in their own zone. I feel the Sens just neutralized them. It could also just be they weren’t given much ice time

ULF_55

Feb 27, 2002
Mountain Standard Ti
Visit site
To be honest, I thought aside from the goal, JVR and Bozak were invisible last night. I don’t remember them generating much offence but I also don’t remember any time they were hemmed in their own zone. I feel the Sens just neutralized them. It could also just be they weren’t given much ice time

So if they were invisible and weren't hemmed in and they got the same ice time as the 2nd. line and they ended the night +1 that sounds like Brown being on their line is an improvement.

On the highlights the 2nd. and 4th. line seemed to be very visible, unless it was just bad luck that Andersen couldn't stop the shots allowed by those 2 lines?

dzombs

Jul 8, 2016
How about neither? How about it's wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyy overdue to split these guys up. Years and years and years together sucking shit. Don't care what the lines look like, bozak and jvr together is a disaster.

Not My Tempo

Feb 22, 2015
Toronto
So if they were invisible and weren't hemmed in and they got the same ice time as the 2nd. line and they ended the night +1 that sounds like Brown being on their line is an improvement.

On the highlights the 2nd. and 4th. line seemed to be very visible, unless it was just bad luck that Andersen couldn't stop the shots allowed by those 2 lines?
Naw you’re right, the Kadri line was horrid last night, Kadri and Komarov especially were blowing assignments. In the third in order to generate some offence Babs moves Marner to Kadri’s line in place of Komarov, and the line looked a tad better. The fourth line was basically benched in the third, Komarov, Martin and Moore

stickty111

Jan 23, 2017
Watch Kadri on Brassards first goal. If that were Bozak he’d be getting ripped.

Maybe because Bozak does it routinely and thats a rare mistake by Kadri.
But I know I know, to hide any kind of blame on Bozak's mistakes in other games, lets focus on Kadri.

leaffaninvancouver

formerly in Victoria
Jan 11, 2012
Maybe because Bozak does it routinely and thats a rare mistake by Kadri.
But I know I know, to hide any kind of blame on Bozak's mistakes in other games, lets focus on Kadri.

Had Bozak’s line let in the same goals you would be screaming to high heaven about it. You will find a way to blame Bozak if he is on the ice regardless of his role in the goal.

stickty111

Jan 23, 2017
Had Bozak’s line let in the same goals you would be screaming to high heaven about it. You will find a way to blame Bozak if he is on the ice regardless of his role in the goal.

Not at all. I dont deeply analyze every play. For the most part, when a goal is scored against us, its because the line messed up not just one individual player.
Also since Kadri had a terrible game, instead of making it just on Kadri, you somehow make it Bozak vs Kadri.

MJ65

Jul 12, 2009
Toronto

I totally agree with your POV and we should not be biased in our assessment / analysis - we were pretty lousy last night, not even a single line was dominant no matter how you look at it (even Matthews was guilty of turning over couple of times)

The stats do not lie and Kadri's line was pretty awful last night and that's the bottom. Honestly speaking we need to play as a unit and every line should be help responsible for this kind of effort

Senators were definitely (Trap or no trap) better and we were never in this game from the very 1st minute of this game

Last edited:

Polaris1010

Mar 23, 2017
grandma's cellar

The 3rd period was good, but the first two were awful to watch. To put it into perspective, in a 1-0 game, mid way through the 2nd period, Toronto had 1 shot on goal and Ottawa had 4 shots on goal that up to that point in the period.

The officials were anti-Leafs too. Toronto even got a face-off violation penalty, when on the reply, it was too close to call when both players were cheating, but they stick it to the Leafs. Even the announcer Craig Simpson was complaining about that.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad