JVR-Bozak-Marner or JVR-Bozak-Brown ?

Pookie

Wear a mask
Oct 23, 2013
Isn't the big issue with that 3rd like the fact they're facing other team's 3rd and 4th lines and being eaten alive?

Are they?

Are they really?

If they don't have scoring success this team is 2-3-0.

Suck it up buttercup and give props ;)

Gallagbi

Formerly Eazy_B97
Jul 5, 2005
Are they?

Are they really?

If they don't have scoring success this team is 2-3-0.

Suck it up buttercup and give props ;)
Scoring success is mostly on the PP, which wouldn't be where they're facing those lines.

Mikeyg

Dec 26, 2011
Wasn't me, I liked Kadri and hated Bozak. If I was against Kadri it was short lived and a hot take. I think there was a time when there was rumor of alleged substance abuse but it went nowhere, didn't like Jake at first as well, he annoyed e when I first sw him in the press box texting or whatever. No big thing.
I think you were mad about the grabro buyout iirc. Its okay man, you traded slovaki for some kibbeh, kadri is awesome.

Pookie

Wear a mask
Oct 23, 2013
You're really desperate on this one, eh.

Nope. Just tired of stuff like what you wrote.

Discounting every thing positive, including 4 points.

Trying to run players out of town with no replacement plan in mind all behind the guise of being a "fan"

Gallagbi

Formerly Eazy_B97
Jul 5, 2005
Nope. Just tired of stuff like what you wrote.

Discounting every thing positive, including 4 points.

Trying to run players out of town with no replacement plan in mind all behind the guise of being a "fan"
I made a post about them being eaten alive by other teams bottom 6. Clearly that means ES because they aren't matching up on the PP.

I know you're tired of it, but pick your battles, read the posts and use your head. You're the first person to cry when someone comes after you like you just did in the past 2 posts.

Clark4Ever

What we do in hockey echoes in eternity...
Oct 10, 2010
T.O.
I wish the comments about the Leafs 3rd line could be a more factually based. How's this for a thought: Let's compare the Bozak line with some other 3rd lines in the league. Guess we will never see that because they would take too much effort to make such post. My other favourite is how bad the Leafs 5/6/7 Dmen. Must be that other 30 teams have all stars in those positions.

It should be the best 3rd line in the NHL, but it hasn't been.

Gallagbi

Formerly Eazy_B97
Jul 5, 2005
Habs are pretty stacked if Drouin is playing on their bottom 6.
Habs weren't the only team to do it to that line, but they certainly had trouble handling that Drouin matchup when the Habs were able to get it.

A1LeafNation

Obsession beats talent everytime!!
Oct 17, 2010
Demotion? More like saving Marner from becoming one of those brain-dead one dimensional players.

lifelonghockeyfan

Dec 18, 2015
Lake Huron
It should be the best 3rd line in the NHL, but it hasn't been.
I think you proved me point, when you think they should be the best 3rd line in the NHL. Yep, the they should be better than the other 30 teams 3rd line, cause you said so? I just don't understand the this reasoning they should have this anointment by the Leaf masses.

frizzer1

Oct 19, 2013
So let me see if I get this.....Marner never played with Mathews because they each drove their lines and the team needed that balance...
Now, marner is on the 4th line.....so his offense will likely be wasted ...
Babcock may be doing that because he thinks that marner is not working hard enough...
But..and I know that Hyman is a defensive star and goal creating machine for many on this board....but what if marner played right wing with mathews and Nylander on the left side...with Hyman replacing brown on the 4th..
Of course that will never happen, but what have they got to lose?
There is no longer any reason to split them up is there?
Unless you believe that a torrent of goals against would occur if Hyman left the line..

Polaris1010

Mar 23, 2017
grandma's cellar
Bozak has not been that bad, although things does seem to be different this time.

Rookie mistakes will not be treated as leniently as before by the coach. All in the hope of pushing this team forward.

If the demote a prized asset like Marner, the speculation will start again regarding the pending UFA on the team.

Would the coach replace Nylander with Bozak, a straight switch? To his credit, Bozak has been playing with more determination than before. Just some results could be better, a change in the line up could do it.

zeke

The Dube Abides
Mar 14, 2005
Hyman - Matthews - Marner
VanRyk - Kadri - Komarov
Marleau - Nylander - Leivo
Martin - Bozak - Brown

Pookie

Wear a mask
Oct 23, 2013
I made a post about them being eaten alive by other teams bottom 6. Clearly that means ES because they aren't matching up on the PP.

Well let's just discount all contributions to w's since they don't fit with your theory.

They weren't "eaten alive" on the game tying goal against the Hawks. Nor was that PP. or the opening goal against Montreal which also wasn't PP. Both games went into OT so maybe you could acknowledge a contribution there?

Line could use a little work. Sure. Babcock juggling practice lines and sending a message. Apparently a big one to Marner as he would have his ice time reduced the most if this goes ahead.

How does that fit the theory?

thewave

Jun 17, 2011
Hyman - Matthews - Marner
VanRyk - Kadri - Komarov
Marleau - Nylander - Leivo
Martin - Bozak - Brown

Counter...

Hyman Matthews Brown
JVR Kadri Komarov
Marleau Nylander Marner
Leivo Bozak Martin

Who cares what side Martin plays, he can't score

Gary Nylund

Oct 10, 2013
Thread is just sad when you look at it.

Team is 4-1-0

Though it's early, it's top of the East and we are piling on 2 of our players.

I seriously think "fans" would boo Bozak and JVR if they hoisted the Cup here in a few months.

Yeah for sure, it's too early to get on anyone's case too much. It's somewhat understandable though, with JVR and Bozak I don't think it's a reaction to their play over 5 games, it's frustration that's been building up over the years that's starting to boil over. There's the old saying that you can teach defence but you can't teach offence right? Well I guess people are starting to realize that these guys have always sucked on D and they will never learn and are asking themselves - why?

It's nice for you to stick up for our guys. It would be more credible however coming from someone who hasn't made a posting career out of hating Kadri who despite having flaws to work on over the years has never, ever cheated us in the effort department. The way you've been going on and on about him for years, now that's sad.

Frankly if JVR played with half the desire Kadri shows every night, he'd be one of the top forward in the league.

thewave

Jun 17, 2011
Yeah for sure, it's too early to get on anyone's case too much. It's somewhat understandable though, with JVR and Bozak I don't think it's a reaction to their play over 5 games, it's frustration that's been building up over the years that's starting to boil over. There's the old saying that you can teach defence but you can't teach offence right? Well I guess people are starting to realize that these guys have always sucked on D and they will never learn and are asking themselves - why?

It's nice for you to stick up for our guys. It would be more credible however coming from someone who hasn't made a posting career out of hating Kadri who despite having flaws to work on over the years has never, ever cheated us in the effort department. The way you've been going on and on about him for years, now that's sad.

Frankly if JVR played with half the desire Kadri shows every night, he'd be one of the top forward in the league.

They lack any sort of killer instinct. Can't win with guys like that but you can get there with them. JVR can be OK on a line with someone like Bergeron. Not even an issue. Bozak just is what he is and likely needs a couple winger that are defensive minded. Probably a guy like Komarov who is a natural C and covers Kadri all the time just because he reads plays so well.

Gary Nylund

Oct 10, 2013
They lack any sort of killer instinct. Can't win with guys like that but you can get there with them. JVR can be OK on a line with someone like Bergeron. Not even an issue. Bozak just is what he is and likely needs a couple winger that are defensive minded. Probably a guy like Komarov who is a natural C and covers Kadri all the time just because he reads plays so well.

You know this might be the thing - we used to suck and were never going anywhere anyway. But now, we have an elite offence, our D isn't as bad as many seem to think so if Andersen is on his game we can realistically start talking about our chances of winning it all. And when that's the mindset, it's just really hard to take when you see guys on the ice that don't look to be playing hard. Maybe they're taking too much grief but they do kind of symbolize the whole era of suckyness, what can you do. Maybe JVR and possibly Bozak still have to go before the stench of the losing era can be gone for good (yes Pookie, I know you think it's Kadri who needs to go but you're wrong).

Pookie

Wear a mask
Oct 23, 2013

Yeah Gary, like when I praised his charity work. Or when he signed and I said it was a great deal for player and team.

I took a stand against his actions when he took a shot at someone's head. Sorry about that but a headshot is a gutless move. Whether thats in Montreal or here, I call it as I see it and will keep doing so despite your best efforts.

The "hater" narrative is one you continue. Probably because it fits your own agenda to stifle disagreement.

Enjoy your day :laugh::laugh: (<-is that how you do it?)

Gallagbi

Formerly Eazy_B97
Jul 5, 2005
Well let's just discount all contributions to w's since they don't fit with your theory.

They weren't "eaten alive" on the game tying goal against the Hawks. Nor was that PP. or the opening goal against Montreal which also wasn't PP. Both games went into OT so maybe you could acknowledge a contribution there?

Line could use a little work. Sure. Babcock juggling practice lines and sending a message. Apparently a big one to Marner as he would have his ice time reduced the most if this goes ahead.

You really need to focus on what was said rather than pushing your agenda and creating strawmen.

I made a comment about that line matching up ES. The same line that was just broken up because they aren't playing well enough ES. Seems like it is right in line with my theory.

It's worth noting I mentioned the net positive impact of that line before the last game and posted where to find those stats to help people look at their overall contributions.

Reactions: zeke

Gary Nylund

Oct 10, 2013
Yeah Gary, like when I praised his charity work. Or when he signed and I said it was a great deal for player and team.

And immediately started telling us he should be traded as it was the "logical" thing to do. Of course this was after years of mocking us for thinking he would be extended, according to you the very idea that our brass would "want him around our young guys" was worthy of ridicule. Or have you forgotten that? :laugh:

I took a stand against his actions when he took a shot at someone's head. Sorry about that but a headshot is a gutless move. Whether thats in Montreal or here, I call it as I see it and will keep doing so despite your best efforts.

Yes I know, after years of posting crap about Kadri you finally told us the reason. Kadri did something in the heat of the moment and you can't get over it. That's fine, you're entitled to your unforgiving opinion. I can certainly respect that a lot more then when you were dumping on him while telling us from the other side of your mouth that you were being objective.

When it comes to Kadri, all reason flies out the door with you and hey that's fine, at least we all know now what your agenda is and always has been. And we all know not to take you seriously when you go on about how it's the crest on the front of the sweater that's important to you, not the name on the back.

The "hater" narrative is one you continue. Probably because it fits your own agenda to stifle disagreement.

Enjoy your day :laugh::laugh: (<-is that how you do it?)

You're fully in control you own narrative whether you realize it or not.

Gary Nylund

Oct 10, 2013

Are you sure about that? It was pointed out yesterday that when Nylander was dropped to the 4th line, he actually led all forwards in ice time.

How does that fit your theory?

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $2,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille
    Wagers: 3