JVR-Bozak-Marner or JVR-Bozak-Brown ?

WTFMAN99

Jun 17, 2009
No way of easing into this, i'm too blunt. The line sucks defensively, it's probably one of the best offensive 3rd lines in the game but gives up way too much defensively and makes games a bit closer then they need to be some nights.

Something may be solved by simply trading only 1 of JVR or Bozak but I think enough is enough for me in regards to these guys. I would prefer to move JVR as Bozak is fine as a 3C and let's us keep Nylander with Matthews this year.

Hyman-Matthews-Nylander
Komarov-Kadri-Brown
Marleau-Bozak-Marner
Martin-Moore-Fehr/Leivo

Thoughts?

MJ65

Jul 12, 2009
Toronto
They simply need to be better defensively - I would let Marleau on Kadri's line and move either Brown or KK to Bozak's line

Diamond Joe Quimby

A$AP Joffrey
Aug 14, 2010
Washington, DC
Quite frankly, all of the lines sucked defensively yesterday. Pinning it squarely on that line may be a slight hot take.

As for the two players, I think if there was a trade available that would have improved the team for 17/18 this past offseason for either, it would have been executed.

Mess

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Leafs Home Board
Yup, no question the trio is frustrating to watch at times due to their defensive play, or lack there of.....

ToneDog

56 years and counting. #FireTheShanaClan!
Jun 11, 2017
Richmond Hill, ON
Quite frankly, all of the lines sucked defensively yesterday. Pinning it squarely on that line may be a slight hot take.

As for the two players, I think if there was a trade available that would have improved the team for 17/18 this past offseason for either, it would have been executed.

We agree on this one. BTW JT had 2 goals (1 SHG) and an assist last night :)

ULF_55

Feb 27, 2002
Mountain Standard Ti
Visit site
No way of easing into this, i'm too blunt. The line sucks defensively, it's probably one of the best offensive 3rd lines in the game but gives up way too much defensively and makes games a bit closer then they need to be some nights.

Something may be solved by simply trading only 1 of JVR or Bozak but I think enough is enough for me in regards to these guys. I would prefer to move JVR as Bozak is fine as a 3C and let's us keep Nylander with Matthews this year.

Hyman-Matthews-Nylander
Komarov-Kadri-Brown
Marleau-Bozak-Marner
Martin-Moore-Fehr/Leivo

Thoughts?

Marner looked overwhelmed defensively last night.
He needs to be better suppored in the d-zone.
van Riemsdyk-Kadri-Komarov

WilliamNylander

Papi's home
Jul 26, 2012
No way to really fix this. If you break them up, whatever line they end up on will suck defensively too.

We are stuck with it until we move JVR and/or Bozak. Just have to try and get them the easiest matchups especially when we have last change.

MJ65

Jul 12, 2009
Toronto
As a veteran JVR need to take more responsibility - so night, he is just a passenger

Splitting Bozak and JVR and putting them on any other line is a scary thought

WTFMAN99

Jun 17, 2009
2 Win and no losses. Yup the TyBo line needs to be more defensively responsible but no need to panic just yet.

Looking at just wins and losses is short sighted, it can lead to some L's later.

JVR and Bozak flew the zone a few times last night which resulted in a couple of goals against.

I think moving JVR to that line removes it's shut down capabilities.

MJ65

Jul 12, 2009
Toronto

I would rather keep Kadri - Kmoarov - Marleau - there seem to be a good chemistry between Kadri and Marleau

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
As long as they do what they are paid to do, which is score I'm good.

The Patriots in the NFL have a saying "Do your job.' they don't ask guys to do anything they can't do.

That line job is to score that's why they are together,to provide offense and they do that.

They do their job, they are NEVER going to be great defensively that's not going to happen

ToneDog

56 years and counting. #FireTheShanaClan!
Jun 11, 2017
Richmond Hill, ON
Looking at just wins and losses is short sighted, it can lead to some L's later.

JVR and Bozak flew the zone a few times last night which resulted in a couple of goals against.

I think moving JVR to that line removes it's shut down capabilities.

Pretty sure Babs isn't going to be short sighted. Just don't think we need to panic just yet.

Also Marner failed to move the puck out of our zone a couple of times. Not always JVR's fault.

ShaneFalco

Jul 15, 2012
London, On

True! But we've seen this movie before with JVR and Bozak. Far too many times for my liking.
I sitll think JVR gets moved at some point this season, playoffs or no playoffs

613Leafer

May 26, 2008
JVR and Bozak have been garbage defensively for us for years and years, shouldn't be a surprise to anyone. At least now they get more sheltered minutes.

Nithoniniel

Sep 7, 2012
Skövde, Sweden
You can't break them up without taking apart our matchup line and/or changing our high-flying first line. We'll just have to endure the double-edged nature of their game for now.

Reactions: Pookie

PromisedLand

I need more FOOD
Dec 3, 2016
Hogwarts
You don't think Kadri and Komarov are strong enough defensively? Consensus is they are two of the best defenders in the league. Right?

It amazes me you still find ways to take a shot at Kadri but protect your boy Bozak while bozo's defense is as a JOKE!

Still blaming Kessel eh?

Peasy

May 25, 2012
Star Shoppin
Worst Fenwick last year, worst shots against, playing against the easiest competition.

Yet Babs is still giving that line almost the same amount of 5 on 5 time as the Matthews line...

Really makes you think.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad