Value of: Johnny Hockey

Wadewilson

Jun 27, 2006
Canada
I hate the name Johnny hockey too. Cocky ass.

And if he'd sign 7x7 it'd be done. Pretty sure he's asking for more

Snakepit

Nov 19, 2013
You should check your facts. He actually trademarked it so another company couldn't come along and make money off his nickname. So cocky of him.

Someone already was making Johnny Hockey merch and it was supposedly inappropriate or something.

The name was given to him by the Boston media when he was still in college, and it happened to stick. I don't see what's so cocky about that

Spazkat

Feb 19, 2015
You should check your facts. He actually trademarked it so another company couldn't come along and make money off his nickname. So cocky of him.

Ummm... you do realize that is why anyone trademarks things right? So they can make money from it and other people can't? Maybe there can be one for every sport and we can refer to them collectively as the Johnny Trademarks

Johnny Hoxville

The Return of a Legend
Jul 15, 2006
Calgary
Ummm... you do realize that is why anyone trademarks things right? So they can make money from it and other people can't? Maybe there can be one for every sport and we can refer to them collectively as the Johnny Trademarks

Go ahead and post the link on the merchandise he's made money on since trademarking the name.

PensFan6687

Mar 15, 2009
I hate the name Johnny hockey too. Cocky ass.

And if he'd sign 7x7 it'd be done. Pretty sure he's asking for more

[MOD]

Johnny Gaudreau's nickname Johnny Hockey, is a name that he didn't give himself, but one that was given. His agent trademarked the name because he saw people wear unofficial Johnny Hockey clothing that was done in poor taste. Some came with profanity, like Johnny "****ing" Hockey. And how in the heck does being smart make you cocky, if a brand sells? Now that's of course if the brand takes off with the trademark of Johnny Hockey. And I think his credentials speaks volumes and supports why he can use the name. I don't get why people get their knickers all twisted in knots, because of some silly nickname.

And how does signing to 7 x 7 make him done? He's worth it IMO. Some players have been paid more for doing less than what he has shown so far.

And as for cocky, well anyone who follows the Flames or Gaudreau, knows his teammates tease him when he's around girls. He's as shy as they come. Seems to be grounded and come from a close knit family ... This is purely what seems to show on the surface, based on how his family always comes up in articles and you see them at games ... Doesn't sound like a cocky kid. But then again, I don't know him personally. So who really knows what he's like in person, but from his interviews and how he puts himself out there, it doesn't seem like he gives off that sort of persona. Point is, people run their mouths negatively on a lot of people with little knowledge... and do so behind their backs, I suppose it's to make them feel big.

Last edited by a moderator:

Hunter368

RIP lomiller1, see you in the next life buddy.
Nov 8, 2011
It a game we all love and that is why we all are on HF . But to want a guy crushed because of a nickname fans gave is is ridiculous .

Hitting is part of the game, a big part of it.....don't like it watch another sport.

PensFan6687

Mar 15, 2009
Hitting is part of the game, a big part of it.....don't like it watch another sport.

No, the person has every right to make the comment he made. He makes a point. To want to see a player hurt because of what others named him, is stupid.

And not understanding that... well, not much more needs to be said.

Johnnybegood13

Jul 11, 2003
He trademarked it. Before he was even drafted. Sounds pretty cocky to me
You should learn about how the world works. He trademarked it because people were starting to print tee/sweatshirts with his image and Johnny Hockey on them.

Nothing cocky about protecting your image

Hunter368

Nov 8, 2011
No, the person has every right to make the comment he made. He makes a point. To want to see a player hurt because of what others named him, is stupid.

And not understanding that... well, not much more needs to be said.

Stupid is not being able to read posts, where did I say hurt anyone? Matter fact I said clean hit, [MOD]. Nothing wrong with hitting a guy, he should be hit every single time a team can do it within the rules. If it's clean, hit as hard as you can. :handclap:

Last edited by a moderator:

Wadewilson

Jun 27, 2006
Canada
[MOD]

And how does signing to 7 x 7 make him done? He's worth it IMO. Some players have been paid more for doing less than what he has shown so far.

I'm saying the flames would love to have him signed for 7x7. It would be done if Johnny would sign for that. He wants more.

Your whole post makes no sense.

Johnnybegood13

Jul 11, 2003
Stupid is not being able to read posts, where did I say hurt anyone? Matter fact I said clean hit, [MOD]. Nothing wrong with hitting a guy, he should be hit every single time a team can do it within the rules. If it's clean, hit as hard as you can. :handclap:
In my world a comment such as "I want to see a massive highlight of the night hit on him each time. Just n/c it's so annoying.

See the little water bug get crushed with a huge clean hit."
means getting hurt :shakehead

Question: what's worse for the Flames?

Edmonton Oiler fans or Oiler fans that converted to Jets fans after the move back?

CraigsList

In Conroy We Trust
Apr 22, 2014
USA
He trademarked it. Before he was even drafted. Sounds pretty cocky to me

Just listening to his agent. He even said that in the All-Star Draft in 2015.

And all of the offers here are horrible. The only one I would remotely see value is a deal with the Isles. They have a deep prospect pool.

Halla

Jan 28, 2016
First off there are zero credible rumors, like none, zilch, nada, secondly, it would take at least any teams top young player and in most cases more than that. He is a special player that brings butts into an arena and makes them rise from their seats numerous times in a game. He is extremely valuable.

Think McDavid, MacKinnon, Barkov etc.

no lol :shakehead

Hunter368

Nov 8, 2011
In my world a comment such as "I want to see a massive highlight of the night hit on him each time. Just n/c it's so annoying.

See the little water bug get crushed with a huge clean hit."
means getting hurt :shakehead

Question: what's worse for the Flames?

Edmonton Oiler fans or Oiler fans that converted to Jets fans after the move back?

Not sure, never cheered for the Oilers.

All my comments were fine, purely hockey related and never wished a player to be hurt. Good physical play is great, nothing wrong with it.

yababy

Jun 26, 2015
Gaudreaus career year was worse than Hall's career year so far

Hall's been a top 10 scorer twice in his career as well.

Hall can score 5 on 5 and on the road

A lot of Johnny fans here have their blinders on. Reality check.
JG is worth 20-30% less contract than Monahan.
Why?
1. He's a winger
2. He's 5'6"
3. He plays one end of the ice
4. Because of 2. he has limited function.

This is not Theo Fleury 5'6"
He's basically Jordan Eberle...and Jordan aint worth 6million.

Johnnybegood13

Jul 11, 2003
A lot of Johnny fans here have their blinders on. Reality check.
JG is worth 20-30% less contract than Monahan.
Why?
1. He's a winger
2. He's 5'6"
3. He plays one end of the ice
4. Because of 2. he has limited function.

This is not Theo Fleury 5'6"
He's basically Jordan Eberle...and Jordan aint worth 6million.
Reality Check...watch him play before sticking foot in mouth.

Reddwit

Feb 4, 2016
That's still not a rumor of him wanting to leave :shakehead

He's talking on hometown radio, what's he suppose to say? yeah I would hate having my family see more live games or philly sucks?

He also says this: "It's a fun, fun city to play in for me."

Maybe it's just me, but saying its a "fun, fun city" sounds pretty forced and disingenuous.

Not saying he wants to leave - I don't think he does - but this reads like his passion lies closer to home.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad