Value of: Johnny Hockey

Stuzchuk

Mar 25, 2009
Eastern Canada
WTF is that ****?? Gaudreau is happy here, he's the 2nd most active player within the community after Gio and him and Monahan have an awesome friendship... So if you want Gaudreau get ready to give away your best player other than that GTFO

Cootsfanclub

For Oskar!
Mar 29, 2013
If I'm the flyers maybe try Schenn or Courterier, Schultz, and a 1st for Johhny and Englland

Wouldn't move Couturier, but I would do Schenn, Schultz and a 1st. Doubt that's enough or that Calgary would do a quantity for quality deal. I think a fair trade is Simmonds + Sanheim, not saying I would do it.

Johnny is twice the player Hall is

I wouldn't go that far. I take Johnny over Hall, but not by too much. Both are PPG wingers.

Johnny Hoxville

The Return of a Legend
Jul 15, 2006
Calgary
The 19 point difference between Schenn and JG is not worth a possible #1 Dman. JG will be staying in Calgary as part of their core for many years. I expect him to sign a 5-7 year deal.

So you're basing Schenn's career best year to Johnny's 2nd season? Johnny projects to be a PPG or better, elite offensive player, Schenn tops out as a 60-65pt power forward. Yes I would want Provorov.

I agree though, Gaudreau is going nowhere.

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
So you're basing Schenn's career best year to Johnny's 2nd season? Johnny projects to be a PPG or better, elite offensive player, Schenn tops out as a 60-65pt power forward. Yes I would want Provorov.

I agree though, Gaudreau is going nowhere.

Well Schenn has increased his points every year in the league...but I agree where he tops out. But Philly is not trading a possible #1 Dman when it's their biggest need.

lancer247

Jan 16, 2007
I'd want Schenn and Provorov for Johnny. No I'm not kidding.

I wouldn't blame the Flames.

Johnny is still a bachelor isn't he? I doubt he misses the east coast that much. I could see if he had young kids that he wanted to be close to.

Flyers fans can start the Johnny count down to free agency like we did for Bobby Ryan.

East Coast Icestyle

Mar 6, 2015
Nova Scotia, Canada
It's almost pathetic how people jump at every player that doesn't sign right away. He always seems happy and pumped to play for Calgary and we are happy and pumped to have him. He isn't going anywhere.

Tkachuk Norris

Jun 22, 2012
basically me just saying he's not 2x the player when they are both elite LW's. But i know it might get him a little riled up to see them as comparable.

I just think Hall is a very good first line winger. Where Gaudreau is a franchise player. To me there is a pretty substantial difference

Smeagoal

Jun 12, 2015
In my dreams
I just think Hall is a very good first line winger. Where Gaudreau is a franchise player. To me there is a pretty substantial difference

No.. lol just no. If anything they're both on the same tier. Good first line wingers.

If you want to put a Franchise tag on someone look for Crosby/Ovi//Karlsson/Price/. Ya'know.. Franchise players.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
Flyers offer Brayden Schenn, Robert Hagg and 2017 1st round pick (likely in 15-20 range)

Johnny Hoxville

The Return of a Legend
Jul 15, 2006
Calgary
basically me just saying he's not 2x the player when they are both elite LW's. But i know it might get him a little riled up to see them as comparable.

I think Gaudreau is definitely a smarter player, a better offensive generator and will score 75-90pts for the next 5-7 years. I think Hall is a 70-80pt forward, who is lesser playmaker, less intelligent player, but is also terror to defend and is a dynamic goalscoring winger.

Like I said I'd take Gaudreau, but if Johnny ever had to be dealt we could do far worse than Hall.

SI90

Jul 25, 2011
StrongIsland
In know way do I think the flames trade him but for argument sake if he were available I would give up a ton from the isles to get him. Then He could play with the real Johnny Hockey.

Gudreau is a special talent.

Wadewilson

Jun 27, 2006
Canada
The 19 point difference between Schenn and JG is not worth a possible #1 Dman. JG will be staying in Calgary as part of their core for many years. I expect him to sign a 5-7 year deal.

5 years puts him as an UFA. I don't think he'll be traded anytime soon, but I don't think he signs an 8 year contact either.

Johnny Hoxville

The Return of a Legend
Jul 15, 2006
Calgary
In know way do I think the flames trade him but for argument sake if he were available I would give up a ton from the isles to get him. Then He could play with the real Johnny Hockey.

Gudreau is a special talent.

What kind of package are you talking? The Isles are one team that are close to his home and have some very nice assets.

Some combination of Hamonic, Strome, Barzal, Dal Colle possibly?

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
First off there are zero credible rumors, like none, zilch, nada, secondly, it would take at least any teams top young player and in most cases more than that. He is a special player that brings butts into an arena and makes them rise from their seats numerous times in a game. He is extremely valuable.

Think McDavid, MacKinnon, Barkov etc.

This is ridiculous. :facepalm:

Every proposal on here is. It's just talk.

great source

Jacob Trouba fan saying hello. It's about time you got a taste of the insanity.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad