Value of: Johnny Hockey

howkie

Dec 13, 2014
Finally, the Hockey saga can start and no more Trouba topics!

Looking forward to all bad offers =)

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
Finally, the Hockey saga can start and no more Trouba topics!

Looking forward to all bad offers =)

I am not exaggerating I currently have 7 Trouba trade threads on ignore that were all active at the same time and I will be at 8 by today. I feel like the Flames fans have had it way to easy this summer :laugh:

Johnny is not getting traded anytime soon.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
"It's hard to say cause I'm right in the middle of a contract right now and Calgary's been so great to me but obviously, playing in your own country and playing close to the East Coast and playing close to your family is something that sounds really great at times. I think a lot of players like to play in their own country."

"It would be a lot easier for my family and friends to be able to watch a few games in their own time zone instead of two time zones away. I remember last year in the playoffs, my parents are like, ‘We're getting to bed at 1 and 2 in the morning, we're so jacked up from the game. How are we supposed to go to bed when we don't fall asleep until 4 a.m.!’ I'm like, I'm sorry it's far, far away. But it was a great first few seasons and I know they enjoyed it."

Gaudreau talks on Philly sports radio.
Him saying "it sounds really great at times" is evidence he wants to play out east? That is the weakest proof I've ever seen

JLo217

Jul 22, 2009
Reno, NV
All I know is the nickname Johnny Hockey comes off as extremely cocky, and it should go away.

CanadianPantherFan

Cats are Here!
Jun 6, 2004
Calgary
One of those is not like the other, and that one, Gaudreau would not even come close to returning.

With that said Gaudreau is a very valuable piece. I'm sure he'll stay in Calgary and would feel bad for the fans there if he wanted out. I know the pain from Pronger, and wouldn't wish that on any fanbase, even if I hate the team.

Which one??

Hunter368

RIP lomiller1, see you in the next life buddy.
Nov 8, 2011
All I know is the nickname Johnny Hockey comes off as extremely cocky, and it should go away.

Most annoying name in NHL, every time I hear announcers say it I'm looking for a massive hit.

Mad Brills*

Yes Johnny would like to finish his career in a Flyers jersey. But that's not unlike Martin St. Louis finishing his career in a Rangers jersey. Doesn't mean he's looking to bolt during his prime.

Just like how ovi will probably retire in russia, wouldn't shock me in a decade or so if he then wants to play closer to home. But players during their prime rarely do this.

Tkachuk Norris

Jun 22, 2012
Most annoying name in NHL, every time I hear announcers say it I'm looking for a massive hit.

Why?

He's as skilled a player as their is. His hands and vision are special. And he didn't even choose the name. He was lighting up college the same time Johnny 'Football' Manziel was play for Texas A & M. People started calling him Johnny Hockey as a mockery to Johnny Football and it stuck.

Last edited:

SI90

Jul 25, 2011
StrongIsland

I'm pretty sure the kid didn't give himself that name. If anything it's a complement to his talent rather than him being cocky.

He was (still is) an electric college talent and fun to watch.

Hunter368

RIP lomiller1, see you in the next life buddy.
Nov 8, 2011
Why?

He's as skilled a player as their is. His hands and vision are special. And he didn't even choose the name. He was lighting up college the same time Johnny 'Football' Manziel was play for Texas A & M. People started calling him Johnny Hockey as a mockery to Johnny Football and it stuck.

I'm pretty sure the kid didn't give himself that name. If anything it's a complement to his talent rather than him being cocky.

I never said he gave it to himself or he was cocky, I stated its the most annoying name in the NHL. Thus where I hear it, I want to see a massive highlight of the night hit on him each time. Just n/c it's so annoying. :laugh:

See the little water bug get crushed with a huge clean hit.

Johnny Hoxville

The Return of a Legend
Jul 15, 2006
Calgary
I never said he gave it to himself or he was cocky, I stated its the most annoying name in the NHL. Thus where I hear it, I want to see a massive highlight of the night hit on him each time. Just n/c it's so annoying. :laugh:

That's not nice.

SI90

Jul 25, 2011
StrongIsland

There's a lot of players that I'd love to see get layed out too. Gudreau is a young exciting player and fun to watch. I'm not sure what about him could possibly rub you or anyone the wrong way?

McSuper

5-14-6-1
Jun 16, 2012
Halifax
With Contract talks broken off for the the WC, and rumours of Johnny wanting to be closer to home, what would your team give up for Johnny Gaudreau?

Here all I could find out about this :

• Sportsnet 960: The thing that's holding the Johnny Gaudreau contract talks on hold is the term. The Calgary Flames want a contract at around 7YRS, but Johnny Hockey will need at least $7M in AAV if that were to happen. Flames may not be willing to give that salary.

McSuper

5-14-6-1
Jun 16, 2012
Halifax

It a game we all love and that is why we all are on HF . But to want a guy crushed because of a nickname fans gave is is ridiculous .

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
Here all I could find out about this :

• Sportsnet 960: The thing that's holding the Johnny Gaudreau contract talks on hold is the term. The Calgary Flames want a contract at around 7YRS, but Johnny Hockey will need at least $7M in AAV if that were to happen. Flames may not be willing to give that salary.

If Treliving isnt willing to go 7 × 7 for one of the best forwards in the league he should be fired and replaced by someone who will.

Cootsfanclub

For Oskar!
Mar 29, 2013
Hall is a 62.5 point player over the last 2 seasons. He may have been a PPG player once but he hasn't been lately.

He had some of the highest points per 60 last season playing with a rookie. I think the over PPG winger from 3 seasons ago will come back with the change of scenery, as much as it pains me to say.

McFlyingV

Feb 22, 2013
Edmonton, Alberta
He had some of the highest points per 60 last season playing with a rookie. I think the over PPG winger from 3 seasons ago will come back with the change of scenery, as much as it pains me to say.

He needs to get his power play scoring back to get back to that level imo. Its hard to say if he will as the best aspects of his game are offence off the rush and forechecking to create turnovers. I honestly just still don't know where he best fits on the power play. He's definitely not a PP QB and shouldn't be the one touching the puck a lot. His shot isn't nearly good enough to be the triggerman. He does have good playmaking ability from down low, but he seems to struggle a bit when he can't use his speed to create passing lanes and they usually don't get through. If NJ can find a spot for him on the PP where he can produce 20-25 points then I could definitely see him being an 80 point guy again. He'll likely benefit from the more rush style of play in the east rather than the heavy cycle game thats more prevalent in the west.

Spazkat

Feb 19, 2015

He trademarked it. Before he was even drafted. Sounds pretty cocky to me

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad