Prospect Info: Jimmy Vesey (Harvard University, 2012 66th overall)

Status
Not open for further replies.

jwhouk

Former Cheesehead, Always a Preds Fan
Apr 19, 2004
Valley of the Sun
jwhouk.net
Yes - but who's to say Bettman wouldn't do something in tandem with the NHLPA, like suggesting that the team signing him would lose draft picks? Or, maybe, informing Jeremy Jacobs that if you sign him, you can kiss having the B's in the Winter Classic or Stadium Series for the next five years?

Until August 15th, he's gonna keep his mouth shut, regardless of whether or not he really wants to sign here, because he really doesn't know for certain that the NHL couldn't do something.

RaiderDoug

Feb 5, 2007
Knoxville
Yes - but who's to say Bettman wouldn't do something in tandem with the NHLPA, like suggesting that the team signing him would lose draft picks? Or, maybe, informing Jeremy Jacobs that if you sign him, you can kiss having the B's in the Winter Classic or Stadium Series for the next five years?

Until August 15th, he's gonna keep his mouth shut, regardless of whether or not he really wants to sign here, because he really doesn't know for certain that the NHL couldn't do something.

What incentive does the NHL have to do something like this?

Just out of the goodness of their heart?

NHLPA doesn't seem to mind. The NHL doesn't seem too bothered by it. And let's face it, it didn't seem to bother us until it was us who was getting the short end of the stick.

nomorekids

The original, baby
Feb 28, 2003
Nashville, TN
www.twitter.com

Because there's no justification for punitive action. Vesey\The Bruins\whomever are exercising their rights as dictated by the CBA. No one is cheating or doing anything underhanded. If you really want to blame someone, blame the NCAA's eligibility rules. If players could sign without losing eligibility...aka...you can still play NCAA hockey until you've actually received a paycheck, then you could put the same term on drafted prospect rights.

Drake744

#manrocket
Feb 12, 2010
Nashville
This would bother me a lot more if we weren't currently the league's hottest team, hadn't ****ed up our team chemistry last year by adding new players down the stretch and didn't have Fiala and Kamenev among others waiting in Milwaukee.

Starting the day our season ends, would I like to have him on our team moving forward? Yes, but our future doesn't exactly rest on Mr. Boston. He can do what he wants, even if it ends in him being the latest in a long line of talented players who have blatantly chosen they don't want to play for us.

PredsV82

Trade Saros
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
Been charter member of the "He's Coming" Echo-Chamber. However, I got a friend-of-a-friend from Boston who says he's not coming but hasn't made it public yet. I wouldn't bet the ranch on my source but he does have a connection.

I hope it's bad info. Time is not our friend. Listening to the kid's previous quotes, he sounds like the Will Hunting from Southie. Talks about his working class family from Boston, first gen to go to college. Maybe playing for the "home team" is a dream that trumps the 1-yr ELC burn and immediate playoffs. Yeah, the lost ELC year hurts him financially, but so far, finances have not driven him or he would have jumped last year.

makes me have a little daydream.... Vesey doesn't sign.... Preds run the table and win the big shiny thing...

Vesey comes to town next year with whomever... and we all get down on the glass and say..

"Do you like apples?"....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad