Prospect Info: Jimmy Vesey (Harvard University, 2012 66th overall)

Status
Not open for further replies.

INDhockeyfan

Apr 6, 2012
Poile got played again. He also isn't giving up he still thinks he can sign Vesey. David if he wanted to play here he would have signed now.

bdub24

iNsErT bAnNeR jOkE hErE
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2013
La la land
Screw him and his dad and whatever team he lands with. The league should address the integrity of the draft process though. We exercised a pick on a herpes wart and now we are left with nothing to show for it.

drwpreds

Mar 19, 2012
Birmingham
After hearing some of Poile's comments I have to say there is a lot more reason to show some hate now.

Handled horribly by the Vesey's

Wrong Box Legwand

Jul 29, 2013
After reading all of Poile's comments, I don't want that kind of player here. Vesey handled the situation like an absolute dumpster fire.

LCPreds

Dec 8, 2013
TN
Poile got played again. He also isn't giving up he still thinks he can sign Vesey. David if he wanted to play here he would have signed now.

He didn't get played. He just played the scenario out the best he could until the end. (Which I assume is now that he will sign elsewhere.)

Now if you think Poile honestly passed on a deadline deal because he was certain Vesey would sign here and be as big a benefit as the deal he passed up then sure.

AintLifeGrand

Burnin Jet-A
Apr 8, 2009
GreatestSnowOnEarth
Here's a question why didn't the Preds use Carrie Underwood , T Swift , and the plethora of other hot female country singers that have a connection to this city to try to sell
that rube/ peasant from South Boston on how great this town and org are?

Armourboy

Hey! You suck!
Jan 20, 2014
Shelbyville, TN
He didn't get played. He just played the scenario out the best he could until the end. (Which I assume is now that he will sign elsewhere.)

Now if you think Poile honestly passed on a deadline deal because he was certain Vesey would sign here and be as big a benefit as the deal he passed up then sure.

Poile just confirmed that he didn't make a deal because Vesey said he was signing and didn't want to give his spot away.

Apparently Scott Nichol has spent almost every weekend with him during the season. Poile said they have done nothing but talk about loyalty and coming here.

Poile bought the lie from a ******* family.

NoNecksCurse

Oct 19, 2011
don't see how you can fault poile here... and I'm a big critic of him. poile has done a great job here. none of this is on poile. you take a man AT HIS WORD. vesey was obviously raised different. he may be better off rotting in Toronto.

Preds Partisan

Gunga galunga
Aug 17, 2009
Poile its not your fault. Don't waste another second on Jimmy Benedict Suter. Let us fans channel the hate for you.

Armourboy

Hey! You suck!
Jan 20, 2014
Shelbyville, TN
don't see how you can fault poile here... and I'm a big critic of him. poile has done a great job here. none of this is on poile. you take a man AT HIS WORD. vesey was obviously raised different. he may be better off rotting in Toronto.

Exactly at some point you gotta go with what someone tells you, that's all you have. If his word ends up being a pile of ****, not much you can do. The bad thing is he probably ends up signing in Toronto ( I bet a deal is already in place) and the NHL does zero about it.

The Drop

Rain Drop, Drop Top
Jul 12, 2015
Vancouver
Screw him and his dad and whatever team he lands with. The league should address the integrity of the draft process though. We exercised a pick on a herpes wart and now we are left with nothing to show for it.
It's a joke. Drafting college players seems much more risky.

The club that drafts a college player should hold his rights for 3 years after he exits college.

Top 6 Spaling

Jun 23, 2010
Smashville
If what Poile is saying is true, I have much less sympathy for Vesey than I did before. Signing with another team is fine, lying about it isn't.

Armourboy

Hey! You suck!
Jan 20, 2014
Shelbyville, TN
If what Poile is saying is true, I have much less sympathy for Vesey than I did before. Signing with another team is fine, lying about it isn't.

And to top it off your lie meant that team didn't make a move at the trade deadline they might have made to hold your roster spot.

It is taking everything I have not to wish ill will on the kid.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad