Prospect Info: Jets Prospects at the '22 World Junior Hockey Championship

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
Well he looks like a player who doesn't have/need to have the puck on his stick a lot. He knows his job is to win or get the puck to a play driver and get to the net where his size causes issues. He's Holmstron lite and brings a unique skill to the organization. Here is hoping he has a good tourny and that Kickstarts a good year on the Moose.

He naturally looks like the type of player they tried to turn Ves into.

snowkiddin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 26, 2016
Cossa is pretty damn crappy, eh. Looks like he was just on a good team in Edmonton.

None

Feb 22, 2012
Merilainen's first period is going to be a package of lowlights.

Eye of Ra

Grandmaster General of the International boards
Nov 15, 2008
Malmö, Sweden
Torgersson is gigantic but plays like he is 160 cm. I was hoping you guys would teach him some physical play. But seems not.

Reactions: Bigfish

tbcwpg

Jan 25, 2011
Torgersson is gigantic but plays like he is 160 cm. I was hoping you guys would teach him some physical play. But seems not.

Not a lot of time to teach a player anything in 4 games in the AHL. What would you like to see him do differently?

Eye of Ra

Grandmaster General of the International boards
Nov 15, 2008
Malmö, Sweden
Not alot of time to teach a player anything in 4 games in the AHL. What would you like to see him do differently?
Why not? Not only those 4 games, he has been in Jets Camp and talked to Jets scouts. I think they should tell him to use his size more.

tbcwpg

Jan 25, 2011
Why not? Not only those 4 games, he has been in Jets Camp and talked to Jets scouts. I think they should tell him to use his size more.

To what end though? Do you want him to hit more? Board battles? What part of his game would be improved by using his size more?

Also, he has not been in Jets camp before. He only came over from Sweden earlier this year. He was in some development camps maybe but I'm not sure size would've come up very much there.

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
To what end though? Do you want him to hit more? Board battles? What part of his game would be improved by using his size more?

Also, he has not been in Jets camp before. He only came over from Sweden earlier this year. He was in some development camps maybe but I'm not sure size would've come up very much there.

He may not have even been in a Jets development camp due to COVID.

Reactions: tbcwpg

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad