Prospect Info: Jets Prospects at the '22 World Junior Hockey Championship

Mud Turtle

Jul 26, 2013
Fold our cards for Connor Bedard.
Tires charred for Connor Bedard.
Hoisted on our petard for Connor Bedard.
Play sub par for Connor Bedard.
Sh*t our yard for Connor Bedard
Miss the wildcard for Connor Bedard.
Lower the bar for Connor Bedard.

And after this terrible off season…

Looking good so far for Connor Bedard.

Atoyot

Jul 19, 2013
Was pretty sure Torgersson had gotten the second assist on the final goal but he hasn't been credited, will have to check the replay.

In any case not a great game from him. I've seen plenty of scouting reports saying he's a decent skater but he doesn't seem to have any explosiveness at all and his top speed isn't anything impressive either. His most noticeable play was getting wide open on his off hand and then whiffing the one timer. I don't know, I'm still not seeing much that gets me excited about him. Hoping he proves me wrong!

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
Was pretty sure Torgersson had gotten the second assist on the final goal but he hasn't been credited, will have to check the replay.

In any case not a great game from him. I've seen plenty of scouting reports saying he's a decent skater but he doesn't seem to have any explosiveness at all and his top speed isn't anything impressive either. His most noticeable play was getting wide open on his off hand and then whiffing the one timer. I don't know, I'm still not seeing much that gets me excited about him. Hoping he proves me wrong!

Yeah I'm not super high on him either. I think he needs really develop as a board player who can dig pucks and then get to the net. There isn't enough else in his game to to be more then a complimentary piece imo.

Reactions: Atoyot

None

Feb 22, 2012
Lambert asleep at the wheel takes a penalty and then abandons his man in front of the net who scores :dunno:

Mud Turtle

Jul 26, 2013
Lambert asleep at the wheel takes a penalty and then abandons his man in front of the net who scores :dunno:
Added to that, he was also the one who gave the puck away initially in the offensive zone. Three mistakes in one shift as well as several others in this game. I hate to say it but he’s been a giveaway machine. I wouldn’t be surprised to see his ice time cut going forward.
He’s been standing out, but not in a good way.

Atoyot

Jul 19, 2013
To be fair, he took a penalty backchecking and preventing a legitimate scoring chance and fell down while doing it, which is why he wasn't on the guy in front of the net, which I'm not entirely sure would have been his man.

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
Added to that, he was also the one who gave the puck away initially in the offensive zone. Three mistakes in one shift as well as several others in this game. I hate to say it but he’s been a giveaway machine. I wouldn’t be surprised to see his ice time cut going forward.

Looks like he was taken off the pp unit for that past one. It was a bad shift.

He's done some good and some bad this tournament. He needs alot of work to become a good NHL player.

Reactions: None

None

Feb 22, 2012

He had a decent defensive play earlier in the game being in the right position to prevent a sure goal but that shift that resulted in the goal against on Slovakia's 7th shot was really bad.

To be fair, he took a penalty backchecking and preventing a legitimate scoring chance and fell down while doing it, which is why he wasn't on the guy in front of the net, which I'm not entirely sure would have been his man.

I think it was his man just by virtue of him being the only realistic option to cover the Slovak scorer.

Atoyot

Jul 19, 2013
He had a decent defensive play earlier in the game being in the right position to prevent a sure goal but that shift that resulted in the goal against on Slovakia's 7th shot was really bad.

I think it was his man just by virtue of him being the only realistic option to cover the Slovak scorer.
Yeah just re-watched it and he was definitely the closest.

None

Feb 22, 2012
Looks like he was taken off the pp unit for that past one. It was a bad shift.

Seemingly outright benched, he missed the last shift even strength with Kapanen and Karvinen.

Edit: Last 2 shifts had Koivunen rather than Lambert actually.

Atoyot

Jul 19, 2013
Ruben Rafkin, who made that stretch pass, has now been passed over in 2 drafts. Really wanted him as a mid round pick in his first go through. Has always impressed me whenever I've watched him.

Atoyot

Jul 19, 2013
Well Lamb Bear looks like shit
Yeah not looking great. Good time to remind everybody that he was injured for the pre-tournament games so we don't know how healthy he is right now. He looks worse than he did last year (2021) at the tournament so maybe it's injury maybe it's confidence.

Reactions: Gabe Kupari

Gabe Kupari

Jul 11, 2013
Winter is Coming
Yeah not looking great. Good time to remind everybody that he was injured for the pre-tournament games so we don't know how healthy he is right now. He looks worse than he did last year (2021) at the tournament so maybe it's injury maybe it's confidence.
Plus it's summer and there's 80 ppl there

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $1,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille
    Wagers: 2