Prospect Info: Jets Prospects at the '22 World Junior Hockey Championship

None

Feb 22, 2012
PjpDDYt.png

Assuming all 3 prospects get re-invited and accept this is the schedule for the rescheduled tournament.

Also subject to change if any of the Jets selections in the upcoming draft are invited.

None

Feb 22, 2012
We'll be adding Marco Kasper to that :naughty:

I think Scott Wheeler's mock draft on The Athletic has us taking Kasper and Luneau at 14/30 respectively. That'd add a game on the 10th against Germany and 15th against Switzerland to the watchlist.

Edit: In light of recent news of neither Lucius nor Perfetti taking part...

I'll make it look better if any of our draft picks this week are named to any teams :laugh:

Edit2: Removed Lucius and Perfetti who aren't participating and added McGroarty and Lambert (assuming they make their respective teams)

Edit3:

McGroarty/USA games removed
HzLao02.png

Last edited:
Reactions: hn777 and MardyBum

None

Feb 22, 2012
Well Lambert's listed on the gamesheet against Latvia so I'm guessing he's gotten over whatever illness he had. Probably won't be the most exciting of games against Latvia but at least there's a Jets prospect to watch.

snowkiddin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 26, 2016
Lambert scored Finland's 3rd goal. Quick distribution on the entry and then circled into the slot after handing the puck off on the wall and then shot a one timer from the high slot.
Was it a high-IQ play, or no?

Reactions: Luc Labelle

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
Lambert has played well. His skating and puck control are excellent which allows him to maintain possesion in the offensive zone. He's made a couple real good plays to set up a good chance infront from some good work behind the net. He also hit a hole well and just put a rebound wide. He has good awareness in the nz and tracks back well. He's good on the wall at winning pucks.

On his goal he opened well and got his shot away quickly.

He does need to work on his final decisions a bit though. He tends to try to force low probability plays to the net when the smarter play is to just dish the puck off and keep the play moving until something better opens up.

Still there is ah awful lot to like and he reminds me a bit of Hossa out there.

Mooche

Feb 21, 2013
Winnipeg
Wish we were getting McGroarty as a selfish Jets fan this tourmanent to watch, but we'll take Brad for the time being. Winter 2023 WJC in Halifax should be a fun showing for Jet prospects.

Go Canada Go and go Lambert go.

Reactions: hockeyarena

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
And now he's got a second off a nice give and go type play by Niederbach :laugh:

Not really a give and go unless you count off the dmens stick and back to him :P. But when you go to the net good things happen. Seems like a pure complimentary type with a nose for the net. Could use a player like that if he can translate.

Reactions: Luc Labelle

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad