Prospect Info: Jets Prospects at the '22 World Junior Hockey Championship

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
Sorry to all the young men for having your tournament cut short. That must really suck.

Yup, this. Especially those like Perfetti who won't get another opportunity. This is a pretty big deal in a young man's life.

I guess they will all be learning a lesson in dealing with disappointment. :(

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
The death of the tourney is due to Omicron and not being prepared for it.
There was no bubble. Players are staying at hotels with the general public.
Doomed to fail by what I'd say is poor preparation.

I've already said that hindsight is 20-20, but I was surprised from the start that there were so few precautions being taken.

FlappyGiraffe

Go Jets Go
Sponsor
Jul 3, 2015
Winnipeg
Sounds like they will try again this summer and replay all games. They can change their rosters but 2002s will still be eligible

Mud Turtle

Jul 26, 2013
Yup, this. Especially those like Perfetti who won't get another opportunity. This is a pretty big deal in a young man's life.

I hope they let players like Perfetti still participate even if he plays the rest of the season with the Jets.

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
I hope they let players like Perfetti still participate even if he plays the rest of the season with the Jets.

If Cole plays out the stretch for the Jets that tournament will be well beneath him in terms of ability. It arguably was looking that way through the first two games. I'd rather he use the summer to train for the Jets.

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010

Yea I’m sure there’s a lesson in there somewhere

10Ducky10

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 5, 2015
If Cole plays out the stretch for the Jets that tournament will be well beneath him in terms of ability. It arguably was looking that way through the first two games. I'd rather he use the summer to train for the Jets.
A one time chance to play in a tourney for your country? A tourney that has the prestige like this one does?
I'd let him go and I'm sure he'll want to. Let him go play meaningful hockey in the summer and learn how to lead and dominate. It'd be good for him.

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
A one time chance to play in a tourney for your country? A tourney that has the prestige like this one does?
I'd let him go and I'm sure he'll want to. Let him go play meaningful hockey in the summer and learn how to lead and dominate. It'd be good for him.

At some point if something is too easy are you getting anything from it?

Anyhow we will just have to see how it goes

SUX2BU

User of an ad-infested forum
Feb 6, 2018
Canada
When someone here told you how to go about embedding GIFs it was like that TBBT episode where Sheldon introduces Penny to online gaming. :laugh:

does he eat cheetos from his hair? :laugh:
(Probably)

CoarseAbandonedCusimanse-max-1mb.gif

Atoyot

Jul 19, 2013
Aside from whether the Jets would send him or not, would Perfetti even be eligible at this point?

Atoyot

Jul 19, 2013
No, he just squeezed into this year's WJC by a day. Jan 1 birthday...
That's why I ask the question. Do the age restrictions carry on as if it's the same tournament or does the age deadline shift over?

Gm0ney

Unicorns salient
Oct 12, 2011
Winnipeg
He is eligible, they're making the tournament's eligibility cut off the same as the tournament that had to be cancelled. If a player was eligible for the previous tournament they'll be eligible for this one in the summer.
Oh I see...yes, if they're putting on a re-do of the WJC this summer then that make sense.

Reactions: Mortimer Snerd

None

Feb 22, 2012
The roster changes will be interesting to note

Yep, in theory everyone is probably available to attend for this one assuming they're healthy in the summer. It's going to come down to which top prospects actually want to go.

Selfishly I want all the top prospects who weren't released or declined in-season to go.

Reactions: snowkiddin

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad