Prospect Info: Jets Prospects at the '22 World Junior Hockey Championship

None

Feb 22, 2012
olb9kNv.png

Perfetti and Chibrikov are both wearing A's for their countries.

3 prospect matchup games,
Dec 26 - Chibrikov vs Torgersson
Dec 29 - Torgersson vs Lucius
Dec 31 - Lucius vs Chibrikov

1hSYgGX.png

Last edited:

None

Feb 22, 2012
What does that mean?

I can't remember specifics of the play but Dach jammed his arm at the WJC that broke his wrist pretty badly. It was a really fluky injury but it ended up sidelining him for 2 or 3 months if I remember right and it derailed his season.

I'm not too worried, injuries happen regardless of whether it's major junior, international play, or professional hockey. I hope all of the Jets prospects show well. I think Perfetti is one of the odds-on favourites to win tournament MVP.

wraithsonwings

Honour The Past
Sponsor
Mar 19, 2019
Winnipeg
olb9kNv.png

Perfetti and Chibrikov are both wearing A's for their countries.

3 prospect matchup games,
Dec 26 - Chibrikov vs Torgersson
Dec 29 - Torgersson vs Lucius
Dec 31 - Lucius vs Chibrikov

1hSYgGX.png

Is that Canada vs. Russia exhibition game showing up as a blackout on TSN5 for anyone else? (I have Shaw.)

Joe Hallenback

Mar 4, 2005
My expectations

Perfetti - Should be a leading scoring. I will be disappointed if this is not the case. His performance in the AHL has been nothing short of great so I am expecting him to keep it up

Chibrikov - I think people are going to like what they see and start to get real excited for him. Should put up points with his linemates and his skill level

Lucius - Honestly I am not expecting much. The guy is a pure goal scorer but I wouldn't be surprised if we come away disappointed with how he looks. Kind of like Perfetti last year

Torgerssen - Kind of excited to see him play. Really want to see him on the smaller ice with that big body of his. He is the kind of 2nd level prospect that we sometimes lack in our system.

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
My expectations

Perfetti - Should be a leading scoring. I will be disappointed if this is not the case. His performance in the AHL has been nothing short of great so I am expecting him to keep it up

Chibrikov - I think people are going to like what they see and start to get real excited for him. Should put up points with his linemates and his skill level

Lucius - Honestly I am not expecting much. The guy is a pure goal scorer but I wouldn't be surprised if we come away disappointed with how he looks. Kind of like Perfetti last year

Torgerssen - Kind of excited to see him play. Really want to see him on the smaller ice with that big body of his. He is the kind of 2nd level prospect that we sometimes lack in our system.

Good recap Joe

I am happy we have kids to watch on 4 different teams. Torgerssen is a kid I have really low expectations for just because of time lost to injury and pedigree. I am probably looking forward to seeing Chibrikov play the most since I haven’t seen him live. I agree on Lucius too, having that injury early hasn’t done him any favors but I am looking forward to seeing how he plays stylistically.

John Agar

The 4th Hanson Bro'
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Winnipeg, Manitoba
Here's another brief article on some draft eligible players for different countries....

Wright is familiar to many people on this board and maybe some are aware of Kemell...

But the 2 Slovaks listed and Yurov would be unknown to many... all really good prospects...

2022 NHL Draft prospects to watch at the World Juniors - TSN.ca

I'm looking forward to watching tonight's pre-tournament game against Russia...

The Russians will have one of their quickest teams in quite a while...

Reactions: Jets 31 and SLAYER

Jets 31

This Dude loves the Jets and GIF's
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
Good recap Joe

I am happy we have kids to watch on 4 different teams. Torgerssen is a kid I have really low expectations for just because of time lost to injury and pedigree. I am probably looking forward to seeing Chibrikov play the most since I haven’t seen him live. I agree on Lucius too, having that injury early hasn’t done him any favors but I am looking forward to seeing how he plays stylistically.
Even if Chaz is horrible he makes the Jets just because of his name , Chaz Lucius .:naughty: :laugh:

None

Feb 22, 2012
It'll be nice being able to cheer for Canada for once and at the same time weird not cheering for Finland :laugh:

Feels like we've had a prospect on Team Finland every year for a while now. Were Morrissey, Petan, and Comrie the last Canadian Jets prospects that made Team Canada?

None

Feb 22, 2012
Team USA is just getting buried early, Finland is just controlling the puck. Lucius was on the ice for the first Finnish goal but the USA just got beat man to man in front of their goaltender.

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
Team USA is just getting buried early, Finland is just controlling the puck. Lucius was on the ice for the first Finnish goal but the USA just got beat man to man in front of their goaltender.

What number is he?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad