Post-Game Talk: Jets lose in OT 3-2

Status
Not open for further replies.

None

Feb 22, 2012
I agree 100%. I hate to say it but they need to take a page from Vancouver's playbook. I believe there is no set positions for their players, they are directed to constantly switch to change looks. That is what our unit needs to do.

They still navigate the powerplay like they can just win everything by outskilling individual matchups and score with shooting talent alone. At times it doesn't even feel like they're taking advantage of having the man advantage. They're letting the opponent take their matchups and stay relatively passive.

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
They still navigate the powerplay like they can just win everything by outskilling individual matchups and score with shooting talent alone. At times it doesn't even feel like they're taking advantage of having the man advantage. They're letting the opponent take their matchups and stay relatively passive.

Yup, it's so passive and easy to defend. It was starting to look better whe Cole was switching out with KC back before he got injured but they have stopped doing that since Ehlers has taken that spot. They need a complete reset on it.

P

Reactions: None

None

Feb 22, 2012
Yup, it's so passive and easy to defend. It was starting to look better whe Cole was switching out with KC back before he got injured but they have stopped doing that since Ehlers has taken that spot. They need a complete reset on it.

P

The other issue is predictability. You know Scheifele isn't shooting until he gets back around to the left circle/dot and so does everyone else. The same went for Connor when he was in the lineup from the opposite side. If they were ever anywhere else on the ice you knew they were looking to get back to their spot before actually shooting. If the puck was on their stick anywhere else on the ice they were going to cycle it around until they were back into their predictable spot.
You're letting the opponent cheat off of you if they know you're unlikely to shoot from anywhere else.

Reactions: hn777 and surixon

Ray Mercer

Oct 3, 2018
Habs fans just dominated that arena tonight. It’s crazy how many Habs fans live in Winnipeg. Jets played a great third period.

Reactions: Jets 31

Slimy Sculpin

Dec 29, 2013
I'd be very hard pressed to accuse the referees of explicit corruption for the purpose of feathering their own nests.

I'll absolutely say that referees in hockey have empirically provable biases for game management and that "even-up" calls happen with a frequency that rivals the Big Bang itself in terms of defying statistical credulity.

Nevertheless, now that the NHL is partnering with gambling websites, even mere apathy towards this is insufficient. There needs to be reviews of officials with unrivalled transparency. One can easily argue that with Tim Peel, "his only crime was getting caught", and that the rot of the mindset he spoke openly of needs uprooting.

But as for individual refs? I'd say most of them are too smart to even give the whiff of profiteering. But once gambling enters the picture, it's not enough to BE honest, one must also visibly APPEAR honest.

And that's why the current sub-standard officiating needs a HUGE overhaul.
Thanks for this. Much appreciate it.

Jets

All hat, no cattle.
Sponsor
Oct 23, 2010
Winnipeg
They aren't a great team but they are only 2 points out of a wildcard spot. They have clearly entered buble team territory.

Montreal a Buble team?

Ice Hockey.jpg

JetsFan815

Jan 16, 2012

Based on the post-game sounds like big changes are coming to the PP, both structural and scheme wise.

Yes they dodged a few bullets. Especially in their drafts. Lol. Not picking michhkov was a very bad move.

To be fair I would have passed on Michkov too... guy is a primadonna.

None

Feb 22, 2012
Based on the post-game sounds like big changes are coming to the PP, both structural and scheme wise.

Honestly I've made a habit of just not watching coaching postgames because they're never very honest or they're telling half truths. Bowness at times sometimes feels like he means to hold back and then says something most other coaches would only ever allude to.

Reactions: surixon

JetsFan815

Jan 16, 2012
Honestly I've made a habit of just not watching coaching postgames because they're never very honest or they're telling half truths. Bowness at times sometimes feels like he means to hold back and then says something most other coaches would only ever allude to.
Yeah his postgame is worth watching. Called out the special teams in particular the PP for costing them a point and said they're gonna have to make changes.

Inanna

Maybe this year...
Sponsor
Aug 29, 2022
After they allowed the hand-pass goal, I filled the air with a lot of unladylike phrases (not that I've ever claimed to be a lady) and pretty much passed on the rest of the game to to and fill and refill my suitcase a few times.

I've scanned this board a few times and I think post #85 says everything I want to say, and probably says it better than I would have done.

That's all I got tonight.

MelikeJets

Feb 18, 2019
Winnipeg
Boys weren't on their game tonight BUT that reffing was criminal! They must moonlight as NFL refs on Sundays.
Oh and I used to be a Habs fan but as soon as Jets 1.0 arrived I converted immediately. Hearing cheering in our barn for the opponents makes me want to 🤮. Habs and Leaf fans are the worst with Bruins fans in spitting distance 🤬

FFHockey

Oct 12, 2015
Winnipeg, Manitoba,
I was so pissed at that result, especially with all those Hab fans singing that horrid song at the end!

Outside of a handful of moments, it was like a morgue in there from the Jets side of things on the crowd noise. I appreciate that there weren’t a lot of moments to get raucous, but man…was like a Toronto corporate crowd. We don’t fill the rink and we don’t make a shit ton of noise either. We suck as fans… almost as bad as our PP and PK.

3rd line was wretched tonight… someone mentioned it previously, throw Nino up with Names and Fets and Iafollo back with Lows and Apples. Something needs to change!

36 deserves a longer look up the lineup somewhere.

May as well have thrown 55 out for the 4 on 3 faceoff at the end… at least he would have had a chance at winning the draw!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad