Post-Game Talk: Jets lose in OT 3-2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Atoyot

Jul 19, 2013
Sucks to lose to a team lower in the standings, but all teams do and we weren't outplayed in that loss.

Barron, Fjallby, and Gustafsson dominated every time they were on the ice. Barron and Gustafsson are better than 4th line players, but as always the best 4th line players are players that should be 3rd line players.

Nov 24, 2006
Unreal that even after a discussion and a full review that this was called a goal, LOL.

<blockquote class="imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="a/morx1XD" data-context="false" ><a href="//imgur.com/a/morx1XD"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Reactions: Jets 31

kylbaz

Winnipeg <3
Nov 14, 2015
www.movingtowinnipeg.ca
Unreal that even after a discussion and a full review that this was called a goal, LOL.

<blockquote class="imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="a/morx1XD" data-context="false" ><a href="//imgur.com/a/morx1XD"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js" charset="utf-8"></script>
Just came to post the same thing. And people are saying he shouldn't have challenged it.

Jet

Free Capo!
Jul 20, 2004
Florida
Didn't post last night because I didn't want my emotions ruling my post.

Bottom line was the Jets just didn't have the juice. Not sure if they had their Xmas party on Sunday but they really weren't moving their feet. They'd get the puck and just invite a check, their puck movement decisions were slowwwww and passes off the mark.

Pionk had about 4 unpressured icings, Morisseys passing was uncharacteristically poor, and Demelo continues to play under his level. Schmidt just can't seem to string together 2 good games, and the rest of the D was average.

I won't even comment on the officiating - the fact is the Jets lost that game, even know that non call on the faceoff interference on Ehlers was criminal.

I do think the PP is trying to be more creative, I see them trying new things but until the players start disrupting the pk with movement its going to be anemic. At the very least if they're going to stay stationary they need to stay shooting the puck more and look for tips and rebounds.

At the end of the day we came back with 2 goals and got a point, so I choose to be happy with that.

Let's see a bounce back against the red wings

jetsmooseice

Up Yours Robison
Feb 20, 2020
Habs fans just dominated that arena tonight. It’s crazy how many Habs fans live in Winnipeg. Jets played a great third period.

I get why the old Francophone boomers who grew up on Radio-Canada Habs games still cheer for Montreal. But why in God's name are there so many 11 year old children decked out in Montreal jerseys? What have they seen in their young lives that inspires them to Canadiens fandom?!?!

CDN24

Jun 17, 2009
Who is the Jets radio play by play guy. He is good. I was listening to the jets radio feed in the truck on satellite radio. You get the feeling he could be calling the play by play of paint drying and he would make it sound exciting

Reactions: thereturn

Slimy Sculpin

Dec 29, 2013
Didn't post last night because I didn't want my emotions ruling my post.

Bottom line was the Jets just didn't have the juice. Not sure if they had their Xmas party on Sunday but they really weren't moving their feet. They'd get the puck and just invite a check, their puck movement decisions were slowwwww and passes off the mark.

Pionk had about 4 unpressured icings, Morisseys passing was uncharacteristically poor, and Demelo continues to play under his level. Schmidt just can't seem to string together 2 good games, and the rest of the D was average.

I won't even comment on the officiating - the fact is the Jets lost that game, even know that non call on the faceoff interference on Ehlers was criminal.

I do think the PP is trying to be more creative, I see them trying new things but until the players start disrupting the pk with movement its going to be anemic. At the very least if they're going to stay stationary they need to stay shooting the puck more and look for tips and rebounds.

At the end of the day we came back with 2 goals and got a point, so I choose to be happy with that.

Let's see a bounce back against the red wings
You're right about the D-men and even when Pionk is playing well, he has a tendency to ice the puck. He would call them missed passes but he does panic a bit in those situations. All that being said, it was another game where they only gave up two goals. (I refuse to count that OT goal.) Overall, the D, aided by Helly's solid play, is doing surprisingly OK.

As for the officiating, and I've mentioned this in the GDT, I'm concerned about how the relatively recent appearance and saturation by the legal "gaming" industry (ads and shilling by the sports network talking heads) and the impact it might have on things like, say, officiating.

On the challenged goal, wasn't that a "close the hand on the puck" moment by Anderson. He didn't swat it. It looked to me like he grabbed it and threw it ahead. In the review, can the officials look at that aspect of the play too and not just whether his stick contacted the puck?

Thank goodness, we don't have to put up with those insufferable Habs fans again this year. Although I was a Red Wings fan growing up (St. Andrews/Lockport area with a Skinners connection), I anticipate a heck of a lot fewer Wings fans in the stands on Wednesday.

Go Jets Go!

Reactions: thereturn and Jet

Gordon112358

Nov 1, 2022
I have intentionally avoided any games against Montreal or Toronto. I have had numerous opportunities to see those teams and always chose other games. I have been a 10 games a year guy ever since they returned.
I can't stand an atmosphere where half the fans are cheering for the other team. I assume most of those people never cheer for the Jets. I guess us Winnipeggers dump those seats on ticket master and make a profit which explains the number of Habs and Leafs jerseys in the stands.
I am glad I wasn't there last night and I will never see those teams live as long as I am going to games.
Out.

Channelcat

Unhinged user
Feb 8, 2013
Canada
I found the mtl fans as obnoxious as ever. I will not attend another mtl game in Winnipeg

Barron lost his way on that pk leaving his brother with an easy shot but thank the blind mice for taking the jets best penalty killer off the ice .
I usually made sure to get the Habs game. But, no more. They can have it.

tbcwpg

Jan 25, 2011
I have intentionally avoided any games against Montreal or Toronto. I have had numerous opportunities to see those teams and always chose other games. I have been a 10 games a year guy ever since they returned.
I can't stand an atmosphere where half the fans are cheering for the other team. I assume most of those people never cheer for the Jets. I guess us Winnipeggers dump those seats on ticket master and make a profit which explains the number of Habs and Leafs jerseys in the stands.
I am glad I wasn't there last night and I will never see those teams live as long as I am going to games.
Out.

I'm 100% Jets now but during the first couple of years, I was one of those "wear the other jersey" fans twice a year. I was in a STH group though and I wore my Jets stuff the rest of the games I had.

I think having opposition fans can be fun, I think about it like we're annoyed when that happens to our rink but we love hearing True North or Go Jets Go when they're in Arizona or Minnesota.

Gm0ney

Unicorns salient
Oct 12, 2011
Winnipeg
BTW that was all Pionk's fault for panicking and icing the puck in the dying seconds of the 3rd period. That led to the faceoff where Ehlers got interfered with and then took the tripping call.

Reactions: thereturn and hn777
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Lecce vs Udinese
    Lecce vs Udinese
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $100.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Czechia vs Switzerland