Post-Game Talk: Jets lose in OT 3-2

Status
Not open for further replies.

JetsFan815

Jan 16, 2012
Habs lucky all night. 2 goal posts for the Jets. That bum Anderson "scores" one off of a bounce off his skate and then "assists" another with a clear handpass with finally the zebras coming in for the assist on extra point.

Not that the Jets were that great. Seemed like another game where they expected an easy one until they fell behind. Once they fell behind though, thought they were good. I am glad we got a point out of this.

Slimy Sculpin

Dec 29, 2013
Oh I'm willing to bet (see what I did there) that at least half of nhl officials would be banned from the occupation if they ever investigated it. The corruption is so obvious.
I wonder if some stats wizard could parse out the appropriate data and come up with a conclusion one way or another. Actually, I'm more annoyed by all the effing Habs fans at the game. Heck, it seemed like more red in the stands than blue/white.

kanadalainen

A pint of dark matter, please.
Jan 7, 2017
The 100th Meridian
Imagine being so f***ing sick with surfeit of privilege as a fan base, that you not only GET the insane four-game suspension on Scheifele, you have your provincial level politicians using taxpayers dollars to whine for something even more egregious, and then continue *time and time again* to get the benefit of some insane officiating.

My only regret is that the Jets didn't continue in the finest Roger Nielson tradition and flagrantly foul each and every Habs player that touched the puck en route to the shootout.

Nevertheless, thank you Jets for proving my point about one of my biggest bugbears, f*** the Habs, f*** their whiny and entitled fan base, and drinks are on me the day the Habs are officially eliminated from the playoff race.
Preach!

GNP

Here Comes the Jets -look out hockey world !!!
Oct 11, 2016
Winnipeg
Habs fans drive home happy in their beaters back to St. Malo
Yes, and back to Iles Des Chenes as well Sip. You have to include the whole community. Hope their beaters can handle the distance.:laugh:
No knock on the French, as I'm 1/2 French, but a funny comment expected from you Sip.

Last edited:
Reactions: sipowicz

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg
Needed a couple minutes to control the bubbling anger. It is easy to complain about the refs, since they are able to be so incredibly bad so regularly. Anyways sorry to the real Jets fans walking out of the arena tonight with the Hab jerseys stinking up the place. We got a point that we can use moving forward. On to the next game.

bustamente

Kinda Optimistic
Jun 29, 2015
Fraud City MB
Needed a couple minutes to control the bubbling anger. It is easy to complain about the refs, since they are able to be so incredibly bad so regularly. Anyways sorry to the real Jets fans walking out of the arena tonight with the Hab jerseys stinking up the place. We got a point that we can use moving forward. On to the next game.
Yup get ready for the Wings win that game good teams collect points even when they don't play their best

The Hobgoblin

Sep 6, 2011
Hate to blame refs but when it is warranted you have to call it out. I thought our effort was low and nothing like the last few games. It felt the team was out to make a point against LA and the Avs...and decided to pitch a tent and roast smores against the Habs.

AlphaLackey

Mar 21, 2013
Winnipeg, MB
I seriously wonder about reffing and gambling, point spreads,etc.
I wonder if Alphalacky has any thoughts on the matter.

I'd be very hard pressed to accuse the referees of explicit corruption for the purpose of feathering their own nests.

I'll absolutely say that referees in hockey have empirically provable biases for game management and that "even-up" calls happen with a frequency that rivals the Big Bang itself in terms of defying statistical credulity.

Nevertheless, now that the NHL is partnering with gambling websites, even mere apathy towards this is insufficient. There needs to be reviews of officials with unrivalled transparency. One can easily argue that with Tim Peel, "his only crime was getting caught", and that the rot of the mindset he spoke openly of needs uprooting.

But as for individual refs? I'd say most of them are too smart to even give the whiff of profiteering. But once gambling enters the picture, it's not enough to BE honest, one must also visibly APPEAR honest.

And that's why the current sub-standard officiating needs a HUGE overhaul.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad