Post-Game Talk: Jets lose in OT 3-2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Finnflash

May 19, 2016
Winnipeg
Hope the Labs choke on that point and it prevents them from getting a top 5 pick.

Hope the Labs choke on that point and it prevents them from getting a top 5 i

Gabe Kupari

Jul 11, 2013
Winter is Coming
IF people dont think REFS can cost you points, tonight is a great example of YUP they can and still do. You seriously let montreal get away with crosschecks and all that all game long then when it matters, not only do you not call interference but call our guy for tripping. It's cool for anderson or slafkovsky to cross check guys all regulation, lowry does it in OT... off to the box you go.

Reffing either incompetent or they are being told who to favor and when

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
Well that wasn't our best but we got a point and you got to bank them whenever you can.

I thought the team didn't have its legs for much of the game and that had a trickle down effect on our game play. We didn't get enough speed through the nz and that lead to a lot of chip and chase hockey. As a result it was more scramble mode in the ozone that lead to a point shot based game. We did get two rebound goals but we didn't get the zone time we are accustomed with.

The PP is still a hot mess. No clue what they are even trying to accomplish with Mark just sitting there stickhandling in place. There was zero movement.

Helle was good, he's got his game back

JoMo and DeMelo didn't have the best of nights in their end. JoMo was ok offensively.

The rest of the d didn't really standout much good or bad.

Top line got a goal but I thought they had their worst showing in awhile. Vilardi is really starting to flash those hands all over the ice. Love how he also uses his body to shield the puck. Ehlers was a bit too chaotic tonight, and Mark really wasn't as dominant as he usually is.

Second line: Got a goal and didn't give up much. Pretty low event game for them. Happy Cole broke out of his slump. Would like to see this line start to hold up pucks more and wait for better opportunities.

Third line: Thought they were pretty bad tonight. Got hemmed in a lot and generated nothing.

Fourth line played well.

Jetsetter

Mar 2, 2015
Winnerpeg
Not to complain too much but the REF's sucked in the LA game and tonight! Yes we didn't have our A game. I've never scene a player carry a puck for two steps in front of the net and throw a pass. That crappy Sportsnet, homer PLAY by Play team was difficult to listen to. There that was enough! F!

Weezeric

Jan 27, 2015
It came from the cross check, ie Lowry cross checked him and Matheson fell onto the puck and decided to keep his hand on it.

If the refs were going to call that “cross check” to put them on a 5 on 3 in overtime…….

macmaroon

Winnipeg Jets fan since 1972
Sponsor
Sep 3, 2011
Winnipeg Manitoba
www.macmaroon.com
Fell asleep for most of the second period, but I didn't miss anything, unlike the refs...geez...:shakehead I give the game two refs out of five...

RefEating.gif
BlindRef.gif

The migration to the new server is not going well, as I have to download all of my gifs, which is time consuming...:pullhair: Hope they get it fixed soon...

The Prediction Contest for the game against the Detroit Dead Things has been posted so you can start getting your guesses in. Don't forget to sign up to create a GDT, a big shout out to @Luc Labelle and @flyingkiwi for their support! Thanks you two! :thumbu: See you all on Wednesday! Good night...

RefTired.gif

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
Agreed. Perfetti needed a game to get the mojo going again. The kid was in a bit of a funk and needed to have something go for him.

All part of the learning curve. He had 18 shots the 5 games before so it wasn't a lack of chances. Think they need to figure out how to get him more involved in the pp, he's wasted in the bumper.

None

Feb 22, 2012
They see the problem that has been with them all year and have done nothing, not expecting much

It's been the same for years at this point. At this point I think the only thing that might make the players wake up is giving them the stick until they start moving. Cut PP minutes if players are just defaulting back to their area on the ice during the PP. Shots should be coming from everywhere and anywhere and they should be moving to make the penalty killers struggle to stay in shot lanes.

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
It's been the same for years at this point. At this point I think the only thing that might make the players wake up is giving them the stick until they start moving. Cut PP minutes if players are just defaulting back to their area on the ice during the PP. Shots should be coming from everywhere and anywhere and they should be moving to make the penalty killers struggle to stay in shot lanes.

I agree 100%. I hate to say it but they need to take a page from Vancouver's playbook. I believe there is no set positions for their players, they are directed to constantly switch to change looks. That is what our unit needs to do.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad