Post-Game Talk: Jets lose in OT 3-2

Status
Not open for further replies.

abax44

Jan 22, 2005
Did the hand over the puck come before the cross check?

Because if so, thats montreal possession, and the ref needs to blow the play down.

If the penalty gets called, Lowry doesnt do that..
Technically, he cross-checked him to the ice first - not that they were calling it, but they certainly could have. It was a 4-3 regardless. Not sure why they used a non-centre on the ensuing face off, though.

B33R LEAGUE

"Just another day at the office" -Byfuglien
May 19, 2021
It came from the cross check, ie Lowry cross checked him and Matheson fell onto the puck and decided to keep his hand on it.

I could be wrong, but It looked like there was no call on the initial cross check. It was an after thought.

Your probably right though. Tbh i just hate losing to the habs.

Reactions: sipowicz

Aphid

Oct 19, 2014
Why did Lowry cross check him three times in the first place? It was stupid and unnecessary in that situation. Could have used him for the faceoff. Control your anger and let the guy lay on the puck and kill penalty kill time.

AlphaLackey

Mar 21, 2013
Winnipeg, MB
Imagine being so f***ing sick with surfeit of privilege as a fan base, that you not only GET the insane four-game suspension on Scheifele, you have your provincial level politicians using taxpayers dollars to whine for something even more egregious, and then continue *time and time again* to get the benefit of some insane officiating.

My only regret is that the Jets didn't continue in the finest Roger Nielson tradition and flagrantly foul each and every Habs player that touched the puck en route to the shootout.

Nevertheless, thank you Jets for proving my point about one of my biggest bugbears, f*** the Habs, f*** their whiny and entitled fan base, and drinks are on me the day the Habs are officially eliminated from the playoff race.

hockeyarena

Aug 11, 2011
Winnipeg
www.hockeyarena.net
I seriously wonder about reffing and gambling, point spreads,etc.
I wonder if Alphalacky has any thoughts on the matter.
Oh I'm willing to bet (see what I did there) that at least half of nhl officials would be banned from the occupation if they ever investigated it. The corruption is so obvious.

None

Feb 22, 2012
How the hell did they not rule MTls 2nd goal a glove pass? Didn’t appear to hit any stick or player.

They said the call was confirmed but I think it was probably more that it was inconclusive. There were visible indicators that the puck might've been hit but no definitive angles that showed no contact to overrule the original call on the ice.

Reactions: surixon and hn777

White Out 902

I'm usually right.
Aug 17, 2017
Cape Breton Island
The worst part about this and losing and I'm using that word very loosely, he's going to have to hear hot takes about what we should have done better when this was easily the worst officiated game I've seen in months, f***ing awful. Let's not even discuss the f***ing bullshit circumstances that led to a hand-pass being allowed to go up to nothing, but the game went in goal in overtime was set up by a power play where the Montreal cheating pricks were allowed to run a pick play and then they Dove on a good defensive play where he got puck. I'm so f***ing incense but hardly surprised

WolfHouse

Oct 4, 2020
Canadiens are a team that hangs on and hopes for a bounce - they got them tonight

Not sure about Barron out there in OT - would have liked to see Nino or vilardi - he was not aggressive

Crosscheck penalty was bogus. And who the fk calls a penalty with 30 seconds left...

Schmidt is still a six million dollar weak link.

Vilardi's hands are sick

I'd say this is a bit of a moral victory - if we have to lose some I don't mind losing like this

ThinIce61

Jul 11, 2018
Exactly my point. Others need to learn the art. Its costs teams games. Especially tight games. We are brutal at it and its noticeable
I agree. I don't understand why the Jets or even other teams don't bring in a former player who was really good at faceoffs in for training camp as a guest coach and just work with the C's every practice.

Reactions: sipowicz

tbcwpg

Jan 25, 2011
I could be wrong, but It looked like there was no call on the initial cross check. It was an after thought.

Your probably right though. Tbh i just hate losing to the habs.

I'm not sure which cross check it was but there were several from Lowry there that could've been called.

Reactions: Jet

The Blue Baron

Nov 13, 2015
Hoser Country
@sipowicz is right that was shit to watch. This league really knows how to make itself look pathetic.

2 out of 5 John McLane gifs

1702956020460.gif
1702956020460.gif

Pity point but man that was a chore to witness.
Hope JoMo is ok!
Lurch was not that smart

Hab fans are the worst.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad