Prospect Info: Jets draft RW Dmitri Rashevsky - 5th Round, 146th overall

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
Even if it is a streak, he is demonstrating some high level skills.

I agree.

I heard he is shooting 28% (cant find it to verify) and although that is unsustainable his skills are on full display and very evident. It’s great to have a prospect from a later round completely shredding the KHL right now under any circumstances.

Atoyot

Jul 19, 2013
The only complaint/worry that I agree with here is the shooting percentage. 29.5% isn't sustainable, clearly, but it's been steadily going down (44.4% last I checked it) and he's still putting up points. He doesn't play on a powerhouse team, he plays on a team with a powerhouse player that he wasn't on the same line as prior to today. He has 2 and 11 more points than the players that have been playing on Ship's line. He has 7 and 10 more points than the 2 players on his own line, 10 more than his center who was a borderline NHL player with the Jets at 23-24 years old, and 7 more than a player who managed an NHL career of 193 games. His skating doesn't concern me at all, he's slippery as all get out, he's scored in dirty areas, he's shown good playmaking skills. People keep calling him a "late bloomer" despite the fact that he's always put up numbers. He's playing in the 2nd best league in the world and succeeding. Kravtsov, who people on these boards are going nuts over, had 24 points in 49 games at the same age. Kaprizov had 40 in 46. With all that, even if he doesn't turn out, he was a 5th round pick. He could not play a single game in the NHL and I'd still consider it a damn good pick.

scelaton

Jul 5, 2012
The only complaint/worry that I agree with here is the shooting percentage. 29.5% isn't sustainable, clearly, but it's been steadily going down (44.4% last I checked it) and he's still putting up points. He doesn't play on a powerhouse team, he plays on a team with a powerhouse player that he wasn't on the same line as prior to today. He has 2 and 11 more points than the players that have been playing on Ship's line. He has 7 and 10 more points than the 2 players on his own line, 10 more than his center who was a borderline NHL player with the Jets at 23-24 years old, and 7 more than a player who managed an NHL career of 193 games. His skating doesn't concern me at all, he's slippery as all get out, he's scored in dirty areas, he's shown good playmaking skills. People keep calling him a "late bloomer" despite the fact that he's always put up numbers. He's playing in the 2nd best league in the world and succeeding. Kravtsov, who people on these boards are going nuts over, had 24 points in 49 games at the same age. Kaprizov had 40 in 46. With all that, even if he doesn't turn out, he was a 5th round pick. He could not play a single game in the NHL and I'd still consider it a damn good pick.
29.5 % is nothing! Laine's Sh % was 66.7% in his last season on the Jets and is 33.3% this year on the BJs.

(both on 3 shots :naughty:)

libertarian

Jul 27, 2017
Middle Earth
With 13 goals in 19 games Dmitri Rashevsky is currently tied with 2 other players for the most goals in the KHL. He has a G/PG of 0.68 and a P/PG of 1.00. Not bad for a rookie even if it is in the KHL. I know his shooting % is high but since he has 13 goals and 6 assists it is becoming obvious that Dmitri is a goal scorer and not a play maker. His ability to score many goals right in front of the net and can also score off the rush are skills that should transfer well to the NHL if he ever decides to come here. While the sample size is still to small to make any determination long term. All signs right now are pointing that Rashevsky as a Jets prospect may be a diamond in the ruff.

Gm0ney

Unicorns salient
Oct 12, 2011
Winnipeg
With 13 goals in 19 games Dmitri Rashevsky is currently tied with 2 other players for the most goals in the KHL. He has a G/PG of 0.68 and a P/PG of 1.00. Not bad for a rookie even if it is in the KHL. I know his shooting % is high but since he has 13 goals and 6 assists it is becoming obvious that Dmitri is a goal scorer and not a play maker. His ability to score many goals right in front of the net and can also score off the rush are skills that should transfer well to the NHL if he ever decides to come here. While the sample size is still to small to make any determination long term. All signs right now are pointing that Rashevsky as a Jets prospect may be a diamond in the ruff.
Also, only 3 of his goals are on the power play. He currently leads the KHL in even strength goals.

Neuf

Leaving HFBoards for now
Dec 17, 2016
Can't wait to see this guy chip-and-chasin' with Lowry and co! /s

KHL makes me nervous in general, but that's more as a development thing. If you're not top-levelin the KHL, you're going to get limited usage rather than the intentional development usage you get in the AHL. (i.e. Vesalainen wasting a season there instead of growing here).

Rash is developing in the KHL b/c he's good, so I've got some hope for him in the NHL.

Hammer Slammer

Mar 26, 2010
Winnipeg
Posting here as well in case people don't look at the prospect thread. Here's a shift by shift look at Rashevsky from Sunday

Fun fact about the KHL, if you ever want to watch a game there are no region locks. You can buy the game on-demand through PayPal for like 30 rubles (75 cents).

scelaton

Jul 5, 2012
Another high-skill primary assist from Rashevsky -- saucer pass to Eric O'Dell for the powerplay one-timer:

Now up to 20 points (13+7) in 21 games.

Starting to get interesting. It's still early, but if he keeps up this pace for another 21 games, there can be legitimate comparisons to Tarasenko/Kaprizov-level productivity at age 21.

Cypruss

Stand up for your beliefs.
Oct 18, 2018
LaSalle, Manitoba
Wait. Is that the Eric O'Dell?

Yup, found a nice home over there in the KHL

upload_2021-10-25_14-37-28.png

larmex99

Sponsor
Jul 4, 2013
Yeah it is funny how a player can find a fit in another league. No idea what he makes in the KHL but I’m guessing it is more then a career AHLer makes.
Except a hun and a half tax free in Russia is a lot more than the same amount in Canada. He is living pretty well there at that level. Of course a few million here would set him up for a lifetime.

Jimmyjets

Oct 22, 2014
The hype train continues to roll:

Dmitri Rashevsky’s KHL surge was a long time in the making - EP Rinkside

"As it stands, Rashevsky’s second in the KHL in goals with 13 and top-15 in points with 19. If he sustains a 0.95 point-per-game clip, he’ll own the second-best under-22 season in the KHL history, only topped by Vladimir Tarasenko while eclipsing Kirill Kaprizov, Artemi Panarin and Yevgeni Kuznetsov at the same age."

No pressure but... imagine we had like a 23 year old, 6 foot 3, left shot centreman that loved playing with Russians. I can already smell that top 6 in 3 years:

KFC Scheif Ehlers
Perfetti PLD Rash

DEANYOUNGBLOOD17

May 10, 2011
Odell got the goal on Rash assist….. He’s played232 KhL games over the last 5 years 126 points .
I remember him leaving the Jets a 25 year old Ufa and going to the Ottawa organization….Hometown where he was building a house. Never made the Senators and banished to the gulags of the KHL for the last 5 years.
Well he has been able to play hockey professionally until he is 31 and has 31 NHLgamesunder his belt with WPG jets

edit….. Rash is signed through next year ……so the earliest would be training camp 2023! He is a late birthday….. so if he signs his first nhl contract @ 23 ….. it will have to be a 2year ELC….. if he plays 2 more KhL seasons after this one his ElC would only be a 1 year ELC…..which may play a factor in coming over!

Last edited:
Reactions: hn777 and Flair Hay

Krauser

Oct 3, 2017
Rashevsky's been added to the Russian national team for the Euro Hockey Tour, a series of tournaments between Russia, Czech, Finland and Sweden.

Google translate version:

"Three players of the Moscow Dynamo system received a call to the national cathedral - Dmitry Rashevsky, Nikita Novikov and Ivan Didkovsky will take part in the first stage of the Euro Hockey Tour - the Karjala Cup."

cg98

Oct 10, 2017
The hype train continues to roll:

Dmitri Rashevsky’s KHL surge was a long time in the making - EP Rinkside

"As it stands, Rashevsky’s second in the KHL in goals with 13 and top-15 in points with 19. If he sustains a 0.95 point-per-game clip, he’ll own the second-best under-22 season in the KHL history, only topped by Vladimir Tarasenko while eclipsing Kirill Kaprizov, Artemi Panarin and Yevgeni Kuznetsov at the same age."

No pressure but... imagine we had like a 23 year old, 6 foot 3, left shot centreman that loved playing with Russians. I can already smell that top 6 in 3 years:

KFC Scheif Ehlers
Perfetti PLD Rash
That top 6 lineup would be nasty.

Reactions: hn777

Ad

Upcoming events

• Finland vs Norway
    Finland vs Norway
    Wagers: 1
    Staked: $300.00
    Event closes
    • Updated: