Prospect Info: Jets draft RW Dmitri Rashevsky - 5th Round, 146th overall

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
Starting to feel like the most unrealistic part about this is COVID being behind us.

giphy.gif

It does feel that way right now - but I am cautiously optimistic. We are ALL going to get Omicron and then be so immune we can't catch a cold. :laugh:

Mud Turtle

Jul 26, 2013
It does feel that way right now - but I am cautiously optimistic. We are ALL going to get Omicron and then be so immune we can't catch a cold. :laugh:

Omicron could be a blessing in disguise. Contagious enough to infect most people but yet weak enough to not make people very sick - resulting in a boost to natural immunity.
Glad to see some doctors starting to talk about this as a possibility.
Would be fantastic if it turned out this way.

macmaroon

Winnipeg Jets fan since 1972
Sponsor
Sep 3, 2011
Winnipeg Manitoba
www.macmaroon.com
Omicron could be a blessing in disguise. Contagious enough to infect most people but yet weak enough to not make people very sick - resulting in a boost to natural immunity.
I hope you are right, I don't want to have to start carrying this around...

370e036edf914f1a4cb24a95f2abe16a_res.jpeg

...although I will be one step closer to that free pizza when I get my booster on Wednesday :sarcasm:

The Colonel

Jul 7, 2008
Too many boosters means reduced vaccine efficacy. So we need it to flame out.

I hope you are right, I don't want to have to start carrying this around...

370e036edf914f1a4cb24a95f2abe16a_res.jpeg

...although I will be one step closer to that free pizza when I get my booster on Wednesday :sarcasm:

ello

Jun 12, 2018
Kid plays a very nhl-style game. Stylistically reminds of the Misfit line that Vegas runs (karlsson, marchsssault, smith)

Reactions: Cypruss and mazmin

mazmin

Wig like a mink skin, soft like Twinkie dough
May 15, 2004
Winnipeg

Wow. He scores in so many ways. I like how, here, he’s attacking the goal while engaging with the defender. He gets himself into the high percentage spaces and I second the notion that he plays a style that should work in the NHL.

Also, in this play he certainly doesn’t look as feeble bodied as he came advertised at the start of the year.

GaryPoppins

A broken clock is right twice in a day
Sep 10, 2016
There was a scouting video that was posted of him playing in the last two years and it was literally 15 minutes of him making masterful setup plays for his teammates that clearly had no finishing ability. Good to see him dishing and finishing. The one thing you always wonder is speed/skating but the kid looks promising.

RustyCat

Registered homie
Dec 29, 2014
Winnipeg
I think the thing that has impressed me the most about this guy is the fact that he is leading his team at +17 and only has 6 PIM's at 20 years old. All the rest of the guys leading the team are 8 to 15 years older than him. This suggests to me that he is not all offensive flair, but is also disciplined and apparently has a defensive component that lurks behind his impressive offence. That is a smart hockey player and dare I say Datsyukian :sarcasm::naughty::laugh:

Nov 24, 2006
I’ve heard this more than a few times and it makes some sense. Highly transmissible yet not nearly as lethal equals more natural immunity. This might actually bring an end to the pandemic.

Apologies for hijacking this thread. :laugh:

Jimmy Hoots

Oct 10, 2013
So, this dude really cooled off. I guess you get what you pay for in the 5th Round.

He had a bit of a hot streak, kind of like the USSR itself did after WW2. Look what happened to them.

SM

Public Enemy #1
Oct 1, 2015
MB
So, this dude really cooled off. I guess you get what you pay for in the 5th Round.

He had a bit of a hot streak, kind of like the USSR itself did after WW2. Look what happened to them.
He cooled off a bit, but the team also hasn’t played since Jan 11th, and dont play again until Feb 22

Reactions: hn777

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $2,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille
    Wagers: 3