Prospect Info: Jets draft RW Dmitri Rashevsky - 5th Round, 146th overall

MardyBum

Jul 4, 2012
Winnipeg, Manitoba
Cooled down on his pace, but still having a hell of a season. Not surprising to see him slow down in his first full season in the big leagues(of Europe).

Still third on his team in scoring though, behind two guys who's line he's not on.

Reactions: Luc Labelle

MardyBum

Jul 4, 2012
Winnipeg, Manitoba
Also, for U23 players :

upload_2022-1-31_6-45-10.png

DEANYOUNGBLOOD17

May 10, 2011
He has been stuck @ 19 goals forever…… bust!

Edit….
Might as well change his # to 69, change his last name to Rashev- stov and fade away into oblivion like Kid Lester !

Reactions: irunthepeg

Jimmyjets

Oct 22, 2014
Also, for U23 players :

View attachment 503735

Should we be looking at drafting any of these undrafted guys as overagers? Should we be thinking about Ilya Usov or
Artyom Nikolayev in the later rounds?

The thing with Russians is we own their rights forever so I've always wanted us to be looking for guys that passed through the draft with 6th or 7th round picks in case they want to come over at some point.

Atoyot

Jul 19, 2013
KHL has been shut down for the season. Expected to do playoffs sometime after the Olympics.

SM

Public Enemy #1
Oct 1, 2015
MB
Has there been a bunch of games for his team in the past while? I seem to remember hearing they've played very sparingly since 2022, but not sure if that's still accurate
Playoffs started. Game 7 against Severstal coming up

Reactions: snowkiddin

GaryPoppins

A broken clock is right twice in a day
Sep 10, 2016
Headline raised an eyebrow, but the last part he mentions playing in the NHL is any player’s dream, he’s under contract for one more year, and the KHL is a great league for development.

Sounds promising.
I believe him and the Jets were aligned with him renewing and getting a couple extra years there. Many in the KHL don’t want to play in the AHL. Gives him extra time. This is a sneaky good pick that I think will do is well.

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
I believe him and the Jets were aligned with him renewing and getting a couple extra years there. Many in the KHL don’t want to play in the AHL. Gives him extra time. This is a sneaky good pick that I think will do is well.

I really like the idea of having a player do well in the KHL and if and when they come over they are NHL ready and already playing in their prime. Panarin was 25 when he moved to the NHL, Kaprizov was 23-24 and both these guys played at least 5 or 6 seasons in the KHL. I am not saying Rashevsky is anywhere near as good as those guys what I am saying is they were superstars and still took the slow path. There is something to be said for bringing over a fully formed player from the KHL. Rashevsky is 21 (22 in October) and going into his second full season in the KHL and I would like to see him get at least 3 full seasons in the KHL minimum (maybe 4). Assuming keeps progressing (fingers crossed) let wait until he is in his prime and is ready to walk on to our top 6 as a 23-24 year old.

Flair Hay

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 22, 2010
Winnipeg
I really like the idea of having a player do well in the KHL and if and when they come over they are NHL ready and already playing in their prime. Panarin was 25 when he moved to the NHL, Kaprizov was 23-24 and both these guys played at least 5 or 6 seasons in the KHL. I am not saying Rashevsky is anywhere near as good as those guys what I am saying is they were superstars and still took the slow path. There is something to be said for bringing over a fully formed player from the KHL. Rashevsky is 21 (22 in October) and going into his second full season in the KHL and I would like to see him get at least 3 full seasons in the KHL minimum (maybe 4). Assuming keeps progressing (fingers crossed) let wait until he is in his prime and is ready to walk on to our top 6 as a 23-24 year old.
For sure. The young Russian guys dont usually play a North American coach's bottom six game. If they they dont end up in the top six, or at least on a team that runs a skilled 3rd line, they end up getting benched, lose confidence and that whole downward spiral.

Rashevsky can be a great fit here. But you better be damn sure he can hold his own on 2nd line before you bring him over.

I agree, this year and one more in Russia for both him and Chibrikov should be just about right. By then we will have a real good idea of what they are as players and where in the lineup they will fit.

Reactions: hn777 and ps241

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
For sure. The young Russian guys dont usually play a North American coach's bottom six game. If they they dont end up in the top six, or at least on a team that runs a skilled 3rd line, they end up getting benched, lose confidence and that whole downward spiral.

Rashevsky can be a great fit here. But you better be damn sure he can hold his own on 2nd line before you bring him over.

I agree, this year and one more in Russia for both him and Chibrikov should be just about right. By then we will have a real good idea of what they are as players and where in the lineup they will fit.

Yea really there is no rush. The AHL is absolutely a no go with Russian players living in Russia, your point is also good about not forcing them into bottom six roles early on in NA. There is nothing wrong with the boom bust risk that comes with Russian players that fully form in Russia over 4 or 5 seasons after the draft. I am not saying gift them a top 6 role I am saying wait until they are ready for it and if they don’t reach that level then at least they have peaked in Russia and you bring them over eyes wide open. Everyone is welcome to their take on this but that is mine for Russians that have played all their hockey in Russia.

Reactions: Flair Hay

cg98

Oct 10, 2017

I agree, Russians should develop in Russia. Russians always do terribly when they come to the AHL. The only Russian I can think of that made the NHL full time through the AHL instead of KHL recently is Denis Gurianov and even he had trouble being productive in that league for a few years.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Rennes vs Brest
    Rennes vs Brest
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $61.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Mainz vs FC Köln
    Mainz vs FC Köln
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $380.00