Prospect Info: Jets draft RW Dmitri Rashevsky - 5th Round, 146th overall

RustyCat

Registered homie
Dec 29, 2014
Winnipeg
From elite prospects:

Rashevsky’s motor never stops. Be it on the forecheck and on the backcheck, at the start of his shift or at the end of his shift, in the MHL, the VHL, or the KHL, the forward is single-minded; he wants the puck on his stick and in the back of the opposing net. He rarely over-dangles, preferring to use teammates and make give-and-goes to get out of tight situations. -EliteProspects 2021 NHL Draft Guide

Inflict

Jul 12, 2011
Winnipeg
From elite prospects:

Rashevsky’s motor never stops. Be it on the forecheck and on the backcheck, at the start of his shift or at the end of his shift, in the MHL, the VHL, or the KHL, the forward is single-minded; he wants the puck on his stick and in the back of the opposing net. He rarely over-dangles, preferring to use teammates and make give-and-goes to get out of tight situations. -EliteProspects 2021 NHL Draft Guide

Sounds like Brandon Tanev. Wonder if he goes to Jets camp or stays in Russia.

Reactions: Flair Hay and hn777

Scheifele55

Jun 22, 2012
Winnipeg, Manitoba
Ranked #100 by ELITEPROSPECTS.COM

6'1" 165lbs.

Appears to have a ceiling as 3rd liner. Although it is exciting to draft an 18 year old who slipped to 146, I am okay with taking him and hopefully he comes to North America next year. Hopefully, he expressed a desire to Cheveldayoff and his crew to play here before drafting him.

WolfHouse

Oct 4, 2020
Man I would have traded all these picks for something actually useable... the least excited I've been about a Jets draft - doesn't make a lot of sense to me.

Reactions: Mortimer Snerd

Tasteless Beaver

PLANE TEAM GOOD
Jul 8, 2015
Ottawa, Ontario
We leaned heavily on Finland & Sweden the past couple years, almost ignoring the Eastern bloc entirely throughout our history. This year, 3/4 Russian/Belarussian players, zero Finns/Swedes. What gives?

FrankGallagher

Oct 6, 2015
Very, very talented player but I had heard there is limited interest in coming over. Good risk at this point in the draft

Reactions: JetsUK

Gil Fisher

Mar 18, 2012
Winnipeg
Feels a bit like one of those picks where they went around the room and asked if there was anyone who one of the scouts had a real good gut feel on. Usually reserved for the 7th rounders.

Reactions: JetsUK

voyageur

Hockey fanatic
Jul 10, 2011
Is he signed in the KHL, or can the Jets bring him straight in to training camp?

tbone1968

Sep 1, 2017
Texas hill country
Is Mike Smith making picks again ? If we had any more picks I would expect a descendant of Sergei Bautin next. Actually that flashback makes me feel a little sick.

Like what they did last few days. Swinging for the fences it seems to see if they can connect on a couple. The kid in the 2nd is really interesting. Captain at U18s and put up the points for the Putin Army

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad