Prospect Info: Jets draft RW Dmitri Rashevsky - 5th Round, 146th overall

ello

Jun 12, 2018
Had never bothered clicking on this thread for some reason so I literally just found out about this kid and am scrambling to get caught up lol

Anyways those KHL scoring numbers are absolutely HUGE , despite his age. On paper it would put right up there with elite Russian talents like Kaprizov, Tarasenko, Kuzy, etc.

Ive watched a couple of his clips on YouTube and some Twitter highlights and from what I can see, my immediate analysis of him is a player with elite hands and shot, exceptional hockey IQ and a very good motor. Skating is awkward and definitely looks shorter than 6'1 (not sure if KHL camera is further and or maybe he has shorter legs) but regardless I'm sure that 's been brought up at some point by his detractors.

Very similar to Mats Zuccarello, in my opinion. Huge steal in the 5th round. Might be a controversial take but I think he projects better than Lucius does (much higher floor, similar skillset with more jam to his game), albeit recency bias + age gap is likely clouding my judgement a bit

MrBoJangelz71

Jan 14, 2014

Gets me more excited watching all his highlights knowing his full intentions are to play in the NHL with the Jets.

Chevy in constant communication with him since he drafted him just shows you how invested we are in the draft and development process. Our organization ensures every pick gets everything they need to be successful.

Bring this up often, but that is quite the contrast to an organization like Buffalo, where Armia stated the organization contacted him maybe once during his offseason; while the Jets contacted him multiple times weekly.

BigZ65

Feb 2, 2010
Winnipeg
Rashevsky’s 14th goal ties Tarasenko’s total at the age of 20-21.

Tarasenko played 32 games in the KHL during the NHL lockout in 2012-13, putting up 14 goals and 32 points in 31 games. He turned 21 that December.

Rashevsky turned 21 in October. He’s up to 14 goals and 23 points in 23 games this year.

How does the level of play in the KHL rate currently? Seems like the imports aren't quite as good of late, likely because of the instability politically. Not sure a lot of them would find AHL work over here as they would have in the past. Obviously in the lockout year lots of NHLers over.

Scheifele55

Jun 22, 2012
Winnipeg, Manitoba
I am not up to snuff with KHL and how one's play there translates to the NHL. I know the league has very little offense with several goalies sporting GAA's below 2. Should I read into anything when he has 16 goals, 14 assists in 38 games or is this a product of him playing with Shipachyov who has 57 points in 38 games?

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
I am not up to snuff with KHL and how one's play there translates to the NHL. I know the league has very little offense with several goalies sporting GAA's below 2. Should I read into anything when he has 16 goals, 14 assists in 38 games or is this a product of him playing with Shipachyov who has 57 points in 38 games?

Judging by the highlights I've seen, Rashevsky is full value for his points scored.

Not sure exactly how the points translate to the NHL but the KHL is still the 2nd best league in the world. Rashevsky's scoring compares well with several KHL players at the same age who later became quite successful in the NHL, Kaprizov for 1.

Cypruss

Stand up for your beliefs.
Oct 18, 2018
LaSalle, Manitoba
I had a dream....it is December 2024, Covid is far behind us.

Jets go into Christmas break as the top team in the NHL.

Connor - Dubois - Rashevsky
Perfetti - Scheifele - Ehlers
Gus - Lowry - Chibrikov

Morrisey - Schmidt
Pionk - Heinola

Helly back on a steal of a deal after another Vezina

All teams Envy the Winnipeg Jets right now......

Then I woke up, saw we are on another freaking "no games" break, grabbed two freshly washed masks and ventured back into the -25 with windchill for my hour long commute to work.....

It was really nice for a few minutes....

jgimp

Sep 18, 2017
Ripley, Ont

Gus - Lowry - Chibrikov

Morrisey - Schmidt
Pionk - Heinola

Then I woke up, saw we are on another freaking "no games" break, grabbed two freshly washed masks and ventured back into the -25 with windchill for my hour long commute to work.....

You forgot Lucius!

Atoyot

Jul 19, 2013

Gus - Lowry - Chibrikov

Morrisey - Schmidt
Pionk - Heinola

Starting to feel like the most unrealistic part about this is COVID being behind us.

giphy.gif

Ad

Upcoming events

• Lecce vs Udinese
    Lecce vs Udinese
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $100.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Czechia vs Switzerland
    Czechia vs Switzerland
    Wagers: 5