Post-Game Talk: Jets 7- Crapnucks 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

SensibleGuy

Nov 26, 2011
Seriously ... Maurice was good buddies with Chipman.
Would you fire a friend or would you tell him to quit and you give him a good resume.
Maurice quitting made him and Chipman both look good.

It did not! lol...it made Maurice look like a quitter and it made Chipman look like a guy who waited way too long to make a difficult (but necessary) decision - and then the coach had to make it for him. If you think that made either of them look good I don't know what to say. Plus, if the org had decided they were firing Mo, they damn well should have had a better plan in place than giving the job to Lowry!

KB1971

Dec 15, 2017
Was Hughes in Revenge of the Nerds?

Screen Shot 2022-12-30 at 8.53.50 PM.png

Potential

Nov 11, 2017
It did not! lol...it made Maurice look like a quitter and it made Chipman look like a guy who waited way too long to make a difficult (but necessary) decision - and then the coach had to make it for him. If you think that made either of them look good I don't know what to say. Plus, if the org had decided they were firing Mo, they damn well should have had a better plan in place than giving the job to Lowry!
Yeah, some real lazy hires and fires with Noel, Maurice and Lowry. I have my issues with Chevy, but on this one at least he seems to be exonerated as it would appear that these have all been Chipman - his record has been less than flattering.

Chevy knows what he is doing. Let him do his job and stay out of his way.

Zhamnov5GoalGame

Former Director of GDT Operations
Jan 14, 2012
Winnipeg, MB, Canada
Sloppy game where we outscored our problems.
Good thing it was the 'Nucks and not another team that would have made us pay for the avalanche of mistakes.
Over the next couple of months the team should get a handle on variations of the top 6.

Currently Perfetti (confidence and rust) and Wheeler (everything) are not close to what they were pre-injury.
If that doesn't sort itself out in the next couple of games I'd flip Ehlers and Wheeler to try to get everyone going.
We know Connor and Dubois can score with anyone on the right side.
Perfetti-Scheif-Wheeler (pre-injuries) was a perfect compliment to what the top line has become

I know Mark didn't inspire anyone with his play today but he's kind of been on the short end of the stick line mate wise for a long time now. On paper he has good line mates again but in reality they aren't there yet.

Wheeler is at about 35% of where he was before the nut assassination.
I don't blame him for playing poorly still.

If I was the score and win contestant today I would have had a heart attack.
Connor easily could have had 5 or 6 goals.

giphy.gif

"Sorry, Gail"

macmaroon

Winnipeg Jets fan since 1972
Sponsor
Sep 3, 2011
Winnipeg Manitoba
www.macmaroon.com
My mother enjoyed the game today, but she gave it only three winning smiles out of five...

MomWinsAgain.jpg
MomWinsAgain.jpg
MomWinsAgain.jpg

She didn't like the first two periods, so that took away one smile, and the other smile was taken away because the staff kept bothering us while we were watching the game and we missed my mother's favourite player scoring (Ehlers). You should have seen the look she gave them, I saw that many a time in my youth...:laugh:

The Prediction Contest for the game against the Red Wings has been posted and there's a new leader of the pack! Check it out! Don't forget to sign up to make a GDT! Lots of games are available including the one against Detroit...

robertocarlos

Sep 19, 2014
I want a banner. Hopefully we win the central atleast lol

Helle from the area. Probably has fam and friends coming to watch him.
OK, that means he starts. Helle will get a rest when the Jets play the Penquins? Or does he go b2b.

DeepFrickinValue

Formally Ruffus
May 14, 2015
Yeah, some real lazy hires and fires with Noel, Maurice and Lowry. I have my issues with Chevy, but on this one at least he seems to be exonerated as it would appear that these have all been Chipman - his record has been less than flattering.

Chevy knows what he is doing. Let him do his job and stay out of his way.
Even jets 1.0 never really had a decent coach.

Buffdog

Feb 13, 2019
Cruising through the PGT of a game where ehlers scores his first goal of the year, PLD put up 4 points and KFC notches a hatty in a win that puts us tied for 6th in the NHL and people are bitching about a coach that's been gone for 15 months

Screenshot_20230108_221640_Chrome.jpg

Let it go for f***s sake

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad