Status
Not open for further replies.

GeorgeJETson

Hnidy probably has us on his no trade list
Sponsor
Sep 30, 2016
The family get together is over...

Successfully...

Food was great... I cooked most of it...

The extended family were loving and convivial to each other...

Gifts overdue for Christmas given... well received...

We watched the Jets win... we all loved it...

My only question... ?

giphy.gif

:laugh:

Enjoy the 5 game... Y'all...

:thumbu:

Well, there's always a few spots in the city, but you may need your change purse
il_fullxfull.2056485804_ttem.jpg

:laugh:

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg
Cruising through the PGT of a game where ehlers scores his first goal of the year, PLD put up 4 points and KFC notches a hatty in a win that puts us tied for 6th in the NHL and people are bitching about a coach that's been gone for 15 months

View attachment 632562

Let it go for f***s sake
Our boards inability to put Maurice in the past is starting to get a little weird.

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
Agreed. He wasn't good tonight, but he had a better 3rd and did enough to win.

He's been good most of the time this season.
I think it was his first 2 games he gave up quite a few goals, not really his fault, and started with a low sv% (like 87-88%). He had crawled back up to 90.6% going into today's game. Bad as it may have been, he still ended up at 89.5 on the day. Now at 90.5% on the season.

I wasn't confident going into the season with him as our backup, but he has been good.

Pionk is the obvious weak link in that Jets defense. Cheveldayoff needs to find a suitor to trade him to for some adequate depth on wing.

Who is going to want him after reading HFJets? Nearly 6 mil per.

CorgisPer60

Barking at the net
Apr 15, 2012
Please Understand
He's been good most of the time this season.
I think it was his first 2 games he gave up quite a few goals, not really his fault, and started with a low sv% (like 87-88%). He had crawled back up to 90.6% going into today's game. Bad as it may have been, he still ended up at 89.5 on the day. Now at 90.5% on the season.

I wasn't confident going into the season with him as our backup, but he has been good.

Who is going to want him after reading HFJets? Nearly 6 mil per.

We all know anybody with a brain doesn't read HF Jets for nuanced opinion. There's something perfectly magical in his game that some GM will pay for.

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
We all know anybody with a brain doesn't read HF Jets for nuanced opinion. There's something perfectly magical in his game that some GM will pay for.

They do look at his personal stats. They have scouts. He hasn't been any good for 2 years. Until he re-establishes himself he has negative value.

Reactions: hn777

Zhamnov5GoalGame

Former Director of GDT Operations
Jan 14, 2012
Winnipeg, MB, Canada
We'll get our first look at Copp on the Wings.
The Detroit board has their fangs out over his contract.
Sounds like he isn't working out for them.
Contracts aside he was a good fit with our players.

He earned his pay raises, I'm surprised he didn't stick with NYR as that seemed like a good fit for him.

Winning 6 in a row is tough to do (regardless of the opponent).
4 or 5 points on this road trip would be nice.

FlappyGiraffe

Go Jets Go
Sponsor
Jul 3, 2015
Winnipeg
We'll get our first look at Copp on the Wings.
The Detroit board has their fangs out over his contract.
Sounds like he isn't working out for them.
Contracts aside he was a good fit with our players.

He earned his pay raises, I'm surprised he didn't stick with NYR as that seemed like a good fit for him.

Winning 6 in a row is tough to do (regardless of the opponent).
4 or 5 points on this road trip would be nice.
Have a feeling the team will be hungry to win the next one for Bones - a win sends him to the allstar game

Jets 31

This Dude loves the Jets and GIF's
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
I had to listen to this one on the radio while fighting to pull a turbo out of my VW.
The win definitely eased my suffering...I hope to never have to do that job again.

Missed the last game as well as my daughter was visiting.

The Littlest Viking looking good out there?
The Dubois, Connor and Ehlers line was unreal and could have scored a couple more than they did. Once Wheeler and Perfetti get back up to game speed we are going to have 2 very good lines.

raideralex99

Whiteout Is Coming.
Dec 18, 2015
West Coast
Is it just me or does it seem like every backup goalie Chevy signs he gets blasted on these boards for signing them and they end up playing pretty good ... Brossoit, Comrie and now Rittich. Is it the coaching or Hellebuyck that's making them play better?
Anyways I would rather have $900,000 Rittich than a $7M Matt Murray as my backup goalie.:D:laugh:

GNP

Here Comes the Jets -look out hockey world !!!
Oct 11, 2016
Winnipeg
Is it just me or does it seem like every backup goalie Chevy signs he gets blasted on these boards for signing them and they end up playing pretty good ... Brossoit, Comrie and now Rittich. Is it the coaching or Hellebuyck that's making them play better?
Anyways I would rather have $900,000 Rittich than a $7M Matt Murray as my backup goalie.:D:laugh:

If Rittich continues to struggle, and other than tonight he's been good, apparently Brossoit is available out of Vegas for a really good price -- so I hear. May be a good idea to pick him up, as we'll need a good backup Goalie for the playoffs. Brossoit is a Goalie that plays better as a backup, than as a starter. Rittich was very shaky for the first 2 periods tonight.

Reactions: hn777

SensibleGuy

Nov 26, 2011
Our boards inability to put Maurice in the past is starting to get a little weird.

Sorry, but anytime somebody trots out the sillyness about Mo having actually been fired but allowed the option to resign to save his feelsies I'm going to respond.

(and anyway, people still bring up Pav for cripe sakes! lol...It's not shocking there's still mention of a coach the year after his departure after 9 seasons here - and probably at least 2 too many.)

Last edited:
Nov 24, 2006
Sorry, but anytime somebody trots out the sillyness about Mo having actually been fired but allowed the option to resign to save his feelsies I'm going to respond.

(and anyway, people still bring up Pav for cripe sakes! lol...It's not shocking there's still mention of a coach the year after his departure after 9 seasons here - and probably at least 2 too many.)
Mo was fired. If you know people that work at TNSE, you will know this to be true. Chipman - not Chevy - loved the guy and let him choose his exit.

That’s all I have to say about it, sorry to hijack the thread everyone.

Last edited:

Jet

Free Capo!
Jul 20, 2004
Florida
What's the best way to mitigate the effects of your first and only 3 game losing streak of the year? Win 5. Can you believe the Jets have only lost more than 2 games in a row once this year? That's amazing!

Rittich looked a bit stinky but really closed the door in the third. Reminded me of Grant Fuhr. The guy had a lot of goals scored against him but he had a knack of shutting the door when the team needed him to.

CorgisPer60

Barking at the net
Apr 15, 2012
Please Understand
What's the best way to mitigate the effects of your first and only 3 game losing streak of the year? Win 5. Can you believe the Jets have only lost more than 2 games in a row once this year? That's amazing!

Rittich looked a bit stinky but really closed the door in the third. Reminded me of Grant Fuhr. The guy had a lot of goals scored against him but he had a knack of shutting the door when the team needed him to.

Glad they were able to pull it out of the fire in the 3rd, and the Canucks just kind of folded then. Almost no push back from them. I feel bad for Pettersson, Hughes, Horvat, and Boeser, because they deserve better than this.

I was also reminded of Paul Maurice's quote a few seasons ago, where the Jets never won more than 3 games in a row, but never lost more than twice in a row. It was a strangely bizarre and even season. I can't actually remember the quote right now either, but it was addressing how the team rebounds after a loss. So far, I like what I see when the Jets play bad teams (except Columbus and Arizona, apparently), but I _really_ want to see what their full lineup can do against the good teams. I've been left severely wanting against those teams (looking at Caps, VGK, and TML here), and I want to see them actually play well and win those games. No more eeking out a victory by the grace of God and puck luck.

Oh. My lack of faith and enthusiasm for the Jets is because I don't want to get hurt again. I still fist pump when they score goals, but I desperately want them to not hurt me again. The last 3 seasons were traumatic (exacerbated by the pandemic lol).

Reactions: Jet

Jet

Free Capo!
Jul 20, 2004
Florida
Glad they were able to pull it out of the fire in the 3rd, and the Canucks just kind of folded then. Almost no push back from them. I feel bad for Pettersson, Hughes, Horvat, and Boeser, because they deserve better than this.

I was also reminded of Paul Maurice's quote a few seasons ago, where the Jets never won more than 3 games in a row, but never lost more than twice in a row. It was a strangely bizarre and even season. I can't actually remember the quote right now either, but it was addressing how the team rebounds after a loss. So far, I like what I see when the Jets play bad teams (except Columbus and Arizona, apparently), but I _really_ want to see what their full lineup can do against the good teams. I've been left severely wanting against those teams (looking at Caps, VGK, and TML here), and I want to see them actually play well and win those games. No more eeking out a victory by the grace of God and puck luck.

Oh. My lack of faith and enthusiasm for the Jets is because I don't want to get hurt again. I still fist pump when they score goals, but I desperately want them to not hurt me again. The last 3 seasons were traumatic (exacerbated by the pandemic lol).
I think we can feel good about our effort against the Broons and Avs, so there's that.

The team I really want to take to the woodshed is the Wild. No way we shouldn't own that shit team.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad