Post-Game Talk: Jets 7- Crapnucks 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

UFO

Mar 14, 2022
Switzerland
You could tell Ehlers had so much fun out there. He couldn't stop smiling and certainly couldn't stop balling. That line was magnificent... unreal.

I thought all 3 goalies didn't really have a good day, but who cares, we just scored till the roof exploded.

Great victory and, most of all, entertaining as hell. :D

AlphaLackey

Mar 21, 2013
Winnipeg, MB
Rittich is not the Jets #1 no need to jump all over him for a soft goal or 2. Now if Hellebuyck gets injured then you can complain. Who knows maybe Rittich is good in the locker room … we know he is a joker.
As long as Rittich (5-4) wins half his games the Jets will be fine.

Yes, this; and in addition, if the career .905 goalie can put up league average .905 while they win about half the time, I'd say that's him playing his position and doing his job quite well.

None

Feb 22, 2012
What’s with all the Miller hate?

Honest question I’m seeing it everywhere but I haven’t seen the backstory.

Miller's house doesn't have any mirrors, so he likes pointing fingers at everyone else. He started the season being on the ice for every goal against for the first like ~5 games. Highest paid player that's likely going to be a big part of the reason why they can't afford to sign Horvat.

CorgisPer60

Barking at the net
Apr 15, 2012
Please Understand
Need

Morrissey Demelo
Dillon Schmidt
Samberg *Pionk

Next game

*I'd say Heinola or Capobianco but the contract makes him seemingly unbenchable. He's been bad and clearly looks injured. If he's not injured, yikes.

Morrissey was dreadful with him.

Pionk is the obvious weak link in that Jets defense. Cheveldayoff needs to find a suitor to trade him to for some adequate depth on wing.

PaulPooley

Nov 18, 2018
Not the way they drew it up but a win is a win. Terrible tending on both sides and the Jets sloppy in their own end.

Thought JoMo and Pionk weren't great in their end tonight and didn't do much offensively either.

Dillion was uncharacteristically off in his end as well. DeMelo, Schmidt and Snerg all had solid nights.

Dubois line was on fire tonight, great game by all three.

The scheifele line was out of sync. Both Wheeler and Perfetti are still a bit off in terms of hands and timing. Mark was pretty sloppy with the puck I thought.

Third and fourth lines played quite well and put in some secondary scoring.
They tightened up defensively in the 3rd period, I thought. After DeMelo’s shorty it felt like the Canucks sagged quite noticeably.

Avocado Coolranch

Just a fool
Jul 1, 2012
Vancouver
I'll take the win any day but what a strange game to watch.

We were so sloppy and indifferent through those first two periods, I think I yelled at this game more than any other this year. And to add to the strangeness, the refs were all on top of things and each of the penalties we took was deserved (on replay).

Schief looked totally bored and didn't want to be at the rink. Perfetti seemed nervous and tightly wound up; that boy needs to get laid. Even Connor, the golden hatty boy, was sloppy at handling the puck or could have had an easy 5 goals today. Our defence continually gave the puck away with casual passes. Schief must have passed to a Canuck at least a dozen times. Practically the whole team was one mistake after another.

And yet, we won! Five wins in a row now for the first time in years! And to top it all off, the BF is going to make his famous pork Diane tonight. (Yes, I've heard all the rude jokes.) A victory and a delicious meal and a beautiful goal from The Flow. Life is good.
I have a feeling some folks on the team are not huge fans of afternoon games lol

Reactions: AlphaLackey

Been around

Jul 16, 2022
I called the jetsbto score 7 didn't realize rittich was in net dammit

Ah well go jets go

chaos4

Mr.Scratch
Jun 1, 2013
winnipeg
Not their best effort by any means, but 5 in a row is good.
Happy Speedy Gonzalez is back!
Pretty sure we'll make it six when we visit Mr. -12 I love icing Ben!
We win again gma!
Screenshot_20230108-172728~2.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad