Post-Game Talk: Jets 5 Stars 3 Chevy love edition

GNP

Here Comes the Jets -look out hockey world !!!
Oct 11, 2016
Winnipeg
I think Mr. Radulov said it best. Short, sweet and to the point.

Hey Aavco--was Myers injured in this game ?? if yes, was it serious or just something minor ?? -- I missed the game, and you always have the "answers":)

Aavco Cup

"I can make you cry in this room"
Sep 5, 2013

Hey Aavco--was Myers injured in this game ?? if yes, was it serious or just something minor ?? -- I missed the game, and you always have the "answers":)

He blocked a shot. He was in obvious pain on the bench. He didn't miss a shift.

CaptainChef

Jan 5, 2014
Bedroom Jetsville

I totally agree with the Cat here on Hutchinson -- he's a very "underrated goalie" and we should not let him go. I think he's the most athletic mover of all our goaltenders.

With the Cap issue coming up -- I'd prefer Mason is bought out at season's end, and or traded, and then sign Hutch. It will cost us too much $$ to keep Mason and Helle. Hutch is a great and "affordable" backup for Helle. If Helle goes down--Hutch will do just fine.

I think the Jet's will regret it, if they let Hutch walk !!!
Nope. Its his attitude that sucks. Get what you can for him now or let him walk for all I care.

Reactions: Jets 31

Aavco Cup

"I can make you cry in this room"
Sep 5, 2013
Updated standings
IMG_0587.png

jetsforever

Dec 14, 2013
Always fun to score a lot and win
Laine destroys the Stars
Ehlers seems to be able to score again
Buff is playing great recently
Enstrom finally scored again!
Hutch now 2-0-0 with an assist
Wheeler still rolling with his point streak, catching up to the Art Ross contenders

kittiecarlyle

Nov 1, 2016
Enstrom has not at all been my favourite player but kudos to him as he has been playing well. A big big change is he is no longer freezing in an offensive situation.

Why is that? Not sure maybe because of the pairing with Buff and how well Buff has been and the Jets are ahead and thus the structure of his game is more controlled.

Enstrom's had more forays and shots without pause pause pausing the last number of games than he has all season if not more.

Definitely welcomed.

flyingkiwi

Oct 28, 2014
France
Great score. I was out all evening and didn’t catch the game, but from the highlight videos it looks like all our goals were scored from approximately the same spot. Stars gotta be better than that.

bustamente

Kinda Optimistic
Jun 29, 2015
White Out MB
Second period was pure domination by the Jets, Stars had no answers, didn't notice Klingberg at all, Radulov is a mad man in a good way, as we found out for many a year average goaltending wont get you into the playoffs.

bustamente

Kinda Optimistic
Jun 29, 2015
White Out MB
We're in the playoffs by 11 points and there's only 40 points left to be had :D Not jinxing anything but let's just say I've cleared up my April to June calendar of social events. Yeah who the **** am I kidding I have no life. But I cleared it anyways.

Always good to be prepared:thumbu:

Zhamnov5GoalGame

Former Director of GDT Operations
Jan 14, 2012
Winnipeg, MB, Canada
Romanuk had me wishing for Randorf tonight:eek::cry::scared:

A few things

Had a dinner party tonight and had to watch much later.
On my recording the audio went out for a few minutes early in the first I'm assuming it was just my PVR. Anyone else experience that?

Back to Romanuk I couldn't believe him at the start of the second. We are short handed he spends a good deal of time speaking like it is 5 on 5. Then we draw a penalty to make it 4 on 4 and he spends close to a minute talking about our power play. He finally figured it out shortly before Ehlers scored.

Great game.
Glad we didn't lose guys to injury.
Can't let teams take that many runs at Scheif.
Happy for old man Enstrom.

Back to work ;)

giphy.gif

Robinson2187

Registered Schmoozer
Nov 22, 2015
Comox BC
A few things

On my recording the audio went out for a few minutes early in the first I'm assuming it was just my PVR. Anyone else experience that?

Back to Romanuk I couldn't believe him at the start of the second. We are short handed he spends a good deal of time speaking like it is 5 on 5. Then we draw a penalty to make it 4 on 4 and he spends close to a minute talking about our power play. He finally figured it out shortly before Ehlers scored.

Great game.

Back to work ;)

giphy.gif
I didn't notice an audio drop.

bustamente

Kinda Optimistic
Jun 29, 2015
White Out MB
A few things

Great game.

Back to work ;)

giphy.gif

Didn't notice the audio was to busy yelling look out at the screen all first period, both Romanuk and Millen are both tough to listen to and I wonder what they are watching sometimes

Whileee

May 29, 2010
So much for that Ehlers and Laine being oil and water thing. Looked pretty good together imo.
I think that Copp is a good complement to them. He is good in his own zone so they don't get pinned (especially against good match-ups), he's hard on the forecheck so pucks come loose to Ehlers and Laine. Those two have plenty of skill to create scoring chances.

winnipegger

Dec 17, 2013
So much for that Ehlers and Laine being oil and water thing. Looked pretty good together imo.

Yes those two were good but you know who else was good? Andrew Copp! He doesn't shut things down like Lowry can but he can skate like the wind and makes safe, smart plays. Probably a good center to play with those two. One play in particular stuck out, where he had the puck up high in the Ozone with pressure closing in. Dangerous spot to be in but Copp airlifted a puck into a corner and Ehlers retrieved it easily. Kind of a nothing play but it's the sort of stuff someone like Copp can make a career for himself out of. Just be reliable.

edit - just saw Whilee's post above mine great minds think alike

Whileee

May 29, 2010
That was a game where the "score adjusted" Corsi didn't really tell the story of the game.

Quick thoughts...

CSW - Terrific game by this line. I really like Connor's game. He's been consistent, with a very strong game on the puck and he plays at such a fast pace. He complements Scheifele and Wheeler because he is very good at the short and quick plays in tight quarters. He's better than Ehlers in that game, which is probably why this line clicks well with him.

PLR - Another very strong game, but perhaps a bit quieter than previous games. Roslovic had another terrific game. His play to set up Enstrom's goal illustrates why he's a top-end talent. Dynamic speed through the neutral zone, a great move to leave Benn in his dust, and then a sweet pass to set up Enstrom after pulling the D wide. He's definitely a top-6 talent.

ECL - I am liking this line more and more. Copp does a nice job in his own zone so they don't get pinned, and he is a big and strong skater to put pressure on the opposing D, freeing up pucks and space for Ehlers and Laine. He's smart enough with the puck to make plays. Compared to Little, I think he just plays a stronger game on the puck, which is important for these two wingers. Ehlers and Laine have the skill to make plays and finish.

PHA - Really strong game for these three. Petan has been very good lately. He's been much quicker and stronger on the puck, and his faster play is giving him more opportunities to use his skill and vision. Armia looked better than he has. Hendricks has his limitations, but he's actually pretty effective at getting good position and making safe plays with the puck. We've had lots of worse players on the 4th line in the past.

39-33 - Another stellar outing by this pair. Buff is playing exactly how he needs to. Enstrom has been getting better and better as the season progresses, and now seems to have really clicked with Buff.

44-57 - Solid game by this pair. One of Myers' better games - good on the PK. Morrissey rock solid, as usual.

7-5 - Hard to complain about Chiarot's game lately. He makes simple plays, and his boneheaded plays have been minimized. Kulikov continues his steady play. He seems to have a steadying influence on his partners, for the most part.

Hutch - Really solid in the first half of the game, when he had to be. Looks solid.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $2,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $354.00